• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Syddy Claus' Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
  • Edited my team to make it more Christmas-y

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hate to be a bother, but I a having an issue with (all of) my Emerald ROM(s). For some odd reason A wild Sunflora keeps coming up.. Anyways, I'd like to switch from Emerald to Ruby, that way I can get a Meditite without hacking one in.(Maybe. I might not want to wait until Mt. Pyre).

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    YES ICE TYPES. time to construct my team...

Edit:
    since im using an emulator, should i just hack them in all at level 5?
    should i hack in the last evolved form or the starter form?

Username: Ssj3 Pikachu
    Game: Emerald
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay, Celestial Daze/Holidaze, I don't care that you have an alt, but using the alt for the challenge makes it more difficult on me. I have to go and edit your username, but I mean, who am I supposed to give the emblem to? If you're using the alt to update and all that, then I'd have to give it to the alt. And who wants an emblem on an alt? I don't see why you feel you should use the alt to update. It just makes it more confusing on me.

I exept your challengecan we even use an legendary?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I choose team christmas tree on pokemon red

They're not teams, they're just names to show which color game you're playing. -sigh- Put you in on FireRed. I had no idea what your post about Totadile is supposed to be saying, sorry.

EDIT: Noticed that I'm listed as playing Emerald in the first post. I'm actually playing Silver.

Sorry, fixed it. I'm so used to you being on Emerald, lmao.

I hate to be a bother, but I a having an issue with (all of) my Emerald ROM(s). For some odd reason A wild Sunflora keeps coming up.. Anyways, I'd like to switch from Emerald to Ruby, that way I can get a Meditite without hacking one in.(Maybe. I might not want to wait until Mt. Pyre).

Sorry for the inconvenience

It's fine, I totally understand. I got that error a lot when I used to play on my Emerald ROM also.

YES ICE TYPES. time to construct my team...

Edit:
    since im using an emulator, should i just hack them in all at level 5?

Hack them in whenever, I don't care. I just need to know what game you're using so I can put you on the list.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Christmas in Unova
    Part 3: Lenora's Menorah

So last time we left off with me just getting ready to leave Striaton and head off towards Nacrene. So I'm on my merry little way, singing Christmas carols, and then:

fyqeW.png

They wouldn't let me through until I had more than one. :( So I went ALL the way back to Route 2, caught an unnamed Patrat, and stuck him in my team just for their double battle.

HQzGn.png

Also, this is when I decided I'm only going to catch Pokemon using Poke Balls. That's pretty Christmas-y, no?

So I work my way down the route and run into Bianca and Cheren, who make me go fight Team Plasma again. FIGHTING IS NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS, SERIOUSLY. But anyway I kick their butts and get another Christmas gift. People are just in the giving mood in this game!

dmEd1.png

Too bad I won't use them at all...But I head to Nacrene City and run into Cheren there, who tells me where the Pokemon Center is and also graces me with his own gifts.

QvCUf.png

Gave one to Garland so he could have something new and shiny.

5hLnZ.png

Then I went to go challenge the Gym! I was kind of rushing because unlike last time there wasn't going to be a type problem so I just wanted to see if I was high enough level to handle it. It was close...

yaB4L.png

The Chesto Berry did end up helping against her hypnosis ;3 And then I got my Christmas gifts for being strong!

mGN52.png

o3KIN.png

That's what I call Christmas spirit. But then there was more Plasma drama and they stole the dragon head (that is NOT Christmas spirit), so we decided to chase after them. But first Bianca gave me an indirect Christmas gift:

z4Nzh.png

Aaaaand that's all for this update. :)

CURRENT TEAM
    Garland -
    496MS.png
    Lv. 22

Badges
    Trio Badge
    Basic Badge
    Insect Badge
    Bolt Badge
    Quake Badge
    Jet Badge
    Freeze Badge
    Legend Badge

Years
    • Seen today
    This looks like an interesting challenge. Count me in.

Name: Elder Trainer

Game: SoulSilver

Team:

Totodile (Gift)
    Torchic (Red)
    Swinub (Ice)
    Treecko (Green)
    Absol (White)
    Stantler (Not Christmas without a reindeer)

Will be trading all but Totodile in, and will give them items at the first opportunity.

Last edited:

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I want a shiny emblem ;~;

Username: thenickel09
    Game: White
    Pokemon Team:
    Favorite - Dragonite
    Legendary - Tornadus
    Green - Xatu
    Red - Magmar
    Ice Type - Glalie

I also have a suggestion(s), which is why I'm leaving a final slot open until I get confirmation, but there's always that one gift you get that you just didn't want (grannie's socks), or that gift that you didn't expect(a leg lamp?).
    My Proposition:
    Least Favorite
    Pokemon You've Never Used Before

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    challenge_accepted_RE_Fap_Achievement_Chart-s325x265-141670-580.png

Username: FlameChocobo
    Game: Ruby Version

Team:

257MS.png
    Blaziken - Gift
    342MS.png
    Crawdaunt - Red
    182MS.png
    Bellossum - Green
    365MS.png
    Walrein - Ice
    282MS.png
    Gardivoir - White
    383MS.png
    Groudon - Legendary

Question #1: Are you allowed to switch held items?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I also have a suggestion(s), which is why I'm leaving a final slot open until I get confirmation, but there's always that one gift you get that you just didn't want (grannie's socks), or that gift that you didn't expect(a leg lamp?).
    My Proposition:
    Least Favorite
    Pokemon You've Never Used Before

Hm, those are good suggestions. The idea behind this challenge though was more of a gift from me to everyone doing this challenge, in that you get a lot more time, more options for your team (well, compared to the Halloween event anyway), and you get the emblem with just 5 badges. It's all about good things (except Delibird...cause that's just awful lol), but I will add those anyway, since they're quite clever. :) Thanks for that!

Question #1: Are you allowed to switch held items?

Yeah, feel free. I mean, obviously you'll get better items as you go through the game and you'll want to swap out something like Oran Berries for a Shell Bell. You get me. But yeah, it's fine to swap the items around. Just make sure they're holding something. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Second update time!

• Made my way up Route 204 beating the trainers and going through the tiny cave.
    • Got the berries in and around Floaroma Town.
    • Went outside the Valley Windworks to find my next team member.
    • Spent about half an hour trying to find a female Buizel and eventually caught one, naming it Kaori after a Trade Corner member.
    • Gave Kaori quick claw to hold as its present, replacing Greg's item with the much more fitting stardust.
    • Starting to think Greg may be far too high a level!
    • Now grinding Kaori from level 7... This is painful. ><

Current Team

• Greg the Monferno - level 23 (Stardust)
    • Kaori the Buizel - level 9 (Quick Claw)

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Current Party:

Eevee.png

Vixen @ Chesto Berry

582.gif

Vanillite @ Chesto Berry

togetic.png

Dasher @ Super Potion

Dewott.png

Blitzen @ Mystic Water

Stantler.png

Comet @ Oran Berry

Bayleef.gif

Prancer @ Oran Berry

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Hm, those are good suggestions. The idea behind this challenge though was more of a gift from me to everyone doing this challenge, in that you get a lot more time, more options for your team (well, compared to the Halloween event anyway), and you get the emblem with just 5 badges. It's all about good things (except Delibird...cause that's just awful lol), but I will add those anyway, since they're quite clever. :) Thanks for that!

Thanks for adding in my ideas :p
    Pokemon Team:
    Favorite - Dragonite
    Best Friends' Favorite - Arcanine
    Green - Xatu
    In Game Gift - Samurott
    Ice Type - Glalie
    Never Used Before - Weezing
    Changes in bold :)

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Okay, I've got a team now.

Stantler (reindeer!) - big guy
    Manaphy (sea angel!) - legendary
    Maractus (tree!...kind of.) - green
    Charizard - red
    Butterfree - white
    Beartic (polar bear!) - ice

Update #1 on White.

Name: Nick
    Starter: Stantler
    • Made Rudolph the Stantler my starter (replaced Snivy), and beat Chili with him easily.
    • Caught Monarch the Caterpie at L8 in the Dreamyard, then arrived in Nancrene City after evolving her twice.
    • Trained a bit outside Pinwheel Forest, then beat Lenora with Rudolph.
    • Saved right after I got the badge.
    Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Nick:
    234.gif

Rudolph the Careful Stantler, ♂ - L19 @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Stomp, Hypnosis, Thief, Work Up
    012.gif

Monarch the Modest Butterfree, ♀ - L16 @ Poke Ball
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Moves: Gust, Stun Spore, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Slaves:
    504.gif

Patrat - Cut

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • Bit of a problem...

Eevee evolved into Leafeon instead of Umbreon. Further look into it, I never knew Leafeon was obtainable in here. Grinding Eevee in Pinwheel Forest was a mistake. It was nighttime so I thought I would be getting an Umbreon. But I guess my party now contains Leafeon =\

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Username: Palladium
    Game: Silver (Emulator)
    Team:
    Green (also a Pokemon I've never used btw): Xatu
    Pokemon I've never used (wanted to diversify) : Qwilfish
    White / Legendary : Lugia

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • This is my first update! Just a very short one.

Chapter 1:

So, I started my adventure as a guy named Jom. He was a simple boy from a simple family who are citizens of Twinleaf Town. Jom grew up not knowing his father but he doesn't mind. His mother makes excellent cooking, anyway.

Spoiler:

He is to embark on a trip to the local lake with his friend named Barry. He is a rather impatient guy. Barry threatened Jom with ridiculous prices for being late, but he is never serious. Anyway, we went to the lake, saw a weird professor, and he left. But, his briefcase was still there. We are very curious so we opened it, and found three Pokeballs. A flock of Starly attacked us and I had no choice but to grab the nearest ball. I sent out a Chimchar. It attacked the Starly. Dawn, the professor's assistant saw it happened and went hysterical. I thought we were going to be punished, but I discovered I was given a Pokedex.

Spoiler:

I guess I need to travel the whole of Sinnoh, after all. So I went back to our house to say good-bye to my Mom. However, Barry's Mom was there and asked me to give it to Barry when we see again.

Spoiler:

I was stuck with a job I never wanted. Anyway, I guess I have no choice. I proceeded to Jubilife City and found him in the school. I got a Poketch which is pretty cool I guess. I trained my Lee, my Chimchar with the wild Bidoofs. It learned Ember and Taunt, and I got the Hidden Power TM. I went to the cave but I was blocked by rocks. I guess it is not the proper way, so I went out. But a flock of Zubat blocked me, and I had no choice. I managed to caught one and named it Screech. I thought it the Hidden Power, which I guessed to be fire.

Spoiler:

I trained again, and got the Quick Claw. I gave it to Lee for the heck of it, and gave a Paralyz Heal to Screech, for the heck of it. When I finally saw the right way, Barry blocked my way and challenged me to a battle.

Spoiler:

Well, I guess I trashed him with the combination of Screech's Supersonic, and Lee's Ember and Scratch. Nice work for the day. I rented a room in jubilife to spend the night.

Spoiler:

Team:

Chimchar "Lee"@ Quick Claw
    Level 13
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Ember
    - Taunt

Zubat "Screech"@ Paralyz Heal
    Level 6
    - Leech Life
    - Hidden Power
    - Supersonic

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Username: Palladium
    Team:
    Green (also a Pokemon I've never used btw): Xatu
    Pokemon I've never used (wanted to diversify) : Qwilfish
    White / Legendary : Lugia

I should have mentioned this before, but your Pokemon can't be taking up two slots. I mean, it's fine if it does cover two slots, however only choose it to cover one. Plus you need to have at least four Pokemon.

Bit of a problem...

Eevee evolved into Leafeon instead of Umbreon. Further look into it, I never knew Leafeon was obtainable in here. Grinding Eevee in Pinwheel Forest was a mistake. It was nighttime so I thought I would be getting an Umbreon. But I guess my party now contains Leafeon =\

It's in the Green color group. I don't know if you already had a Green Pokemon planned, but since that happened, you should probably just shift your slots around to cater to this change. Or, if you've never used Leafeon, it does count as an unexpected or unwanted gift. lol Either way though, it's alright. Just make it fit somehow.

I really need to get started. lol :( Since there have been some slots added though, I think I'll change what I picked:

Spoiler:

I wasn't looking forward to using Thundurus anyway. x)

Last edited:

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Oh sorry, then

Username: Palladium
    Team:
    Green : Xatu
    Pokemon I've never used : Qwilfish
    Legend: Lugia
    Red: Porygon

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Username: Darksualc (IGN: DS)
    Game: Ruby
    Team:
    Spoiler:

First Update:

I changed my starter to Stantler and made my way through the story-line until I could catch pokemons.
    Then I caught Sneasel, Krabby and Natu in a path of grass that I made in Oldale Town.
    I trained everyone to lvl 10 and stopped for today.

Team:
    Stantler lvl 10
    Natu lvl 10
    Krabby lvl 10
    Sneasel lvl 10

Last edited:

dalkice

Maverick Hunter X
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    Username: Dalkice
    Game: LeafGreen (Emulated)
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Due to some unforseen technical difficulties with my emulator for DS, I will be playing LeafGreen, as I've played through it on this PC before without issues. New updates to come!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back