• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Aki Kato; Private
    Human Defence Line
    "Thank-you, sir," Aki breathed as the Lieutenant slid down the tree and beckoned him down. No more getting closer for Aki, and next time he would do it, think ahead. What if a Pokémon had seen him and went for him and Aki had no time to shoot? If the Pokémon dodged too much and actually pushed him out of the tree as apposed to falling? He would be up crap creek without a paddle. Close combat was not his strong point. Sure, he had trained with it but if he was good at something, it was aiming with his sniper. He would be better with a bow and arrow if it wasn't so impractical.

As Aki made his way to the trunk to slide down, he heard a round of bullets being fired from below. He looked down to see Vargas and a small, green lizard now in some kind of melee. What? How could that tiny lizard even shake the Lieutenant for even a second? Obviously, there was more to the green thing than it was made out to be, with it's tail attacks and tornadoes of leaves. The more important question was what could Aki do? His sniper was in his hand, yes, but the Snivy was way too close to Vargas to get any kind of a good shot and Aki knew himself that the pistol on his waist would pretty much be useless for the same reason. He had a knife, yes, but sparring with a lizard? How could that even work?!

He considered asking the Lieutenant for assistance on what to do, but he was already all tied up with this green lizard. The only thing Aki could think he could do was be a distraction or something. Of course, that meant he had to try and get the damn lizard to attack him but Aki's panicking and freaking out didn't lead him to many other ideas. So, he put his rifle on his back, slid down the tree, pulled out his own knife and just... egged it on. As best he could.

"C'mon, c'mere you stupid lizard thing!" Goddamn he felt stupid. But maybe if it attacked him, the better fighter could get it from behind. Or something. Aki hoped the Lieutenant was smart enough to catch on to it.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • Lydia, Lilah Amada
    Fortree City / Around Fortree

"I guess I was mistaken..." a voice said, Lydia turning to see Gilbert, "The Lydia from the stories I've heard would at least give their child a chance to prove themselves before just jumping to conclusions and getting overprotective... so I guess you're not her..." the pokemon smirked at her. Anger was immediately beginning to boil. "Honestly think about what you're doing for a second, if I remember you were very close friends with a different Eevee who managed to prove themselves useful in the end. If you let Lilah rot away in solitude she'll never become strong enough to defend herself in these situations! You need to let her become strong, instead of trying so hard to protect her why not train her?" He was talking about Mandel. No. Those memories weren't coming back. She couldn't bear them. The Zoroark had to make sure Lilah survived, and she had already taken nasty damage from the humans. If she wanted to be strong, Lydia would make her wish come true. Just not now.

"It's obvious you're afraid for her but she obviously wants to become stronger, keeping her from accomplishing that simply to put your mind at ease is nothing but selfish," the Lucario looked at her disapprovingly, "Think about it... you may say you're doing this for her benefit but all you really want is not to have to suffer the pain and heartache mixed with losing her. There's obviously risks but sometimes risks are necessary, after all the direct definition of selfishness is putting one's own needs, wants, desires and concerns before those of others, which is exactly what you're doing now. Selfish, selfish, selfish... So what do you say? You going to let her fight, or continue with your selfish ways?"

"You're wrong!" she thought to herself, eyes ablaze with anger. She was not the selfish one, far from it. She was trying to make sure her daughter didn't die. And Lydia didn't care at all if no one could understand her logic or not. Growling, she held her claws back, her temper at it's obvious minimum. No child was going to push her around, not even Gilbert. But he was a…friend, of a friend's. Her lack of reaction caused the pokemon to keep talking. "Let's put it like this... I'll let you walk away here if you want, escape the war and never return, I don't care. However I'm also giving you the option to follow me. My brother... Rumble and Morganas son, is waiting for me at the hill... I'm not forcing you to follow me, it's your choice, however I would seriously consider it."

Rumble's son? Glaring at Gilbert, she allowed him to turn for the hills, thinking about the situation. Her daughter couldn't risk another hit, but meeting Rumble's own child was something she couldn't miss. She couldn't imagine him. Was he like his father? Or his mother? …Could she meet up with them later? …Possibly. Turning the opposite way, she took a few steps before having her daughter fence out of her arms to the hill. Lydia was shocked beyond belief. Immediately sprinting to the Eevee's side, her face looked upset. "Stop, please. I-If you want to be stronger, I can train you at home, alright? Right now your hurt and tired. Let's just-"

"Let me go, already," her daughter replied with a slightly harsh tone, although her soft eyes made it seem as if she didn't mean to upset the Zoroark. Lilah's ears were low, same with her tail as she spoke. Lydia looked downward, the glow dying from her pupils. The emotions and thoughts were scrambled; a puzzle she couldn't figure out. Her daughter was going to die if she was reckless… but she was growing up, too. Maturing, though still as tiny as she was years ago. Lydia hadn't missed any of it, but she was continuing to be forever oblivious to the fact her daughter was becoming an individual. A teenager. Making her own decisions, including what she wanted to do with her life. She wanted to fight for freedom, just like Lydia had.

When she came back to her senses, Lilah had already started walking again. She turned to watch her daughter stride through the chaos that was dying along with her comrades. Her head lifted, the Zoroark barely taking her eyes off the hill as she trailed behind Lilah. Home would have to wait a little longer.

----- (( Ran out of time to write. Bunny if you want, just nothing too big. ))

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • Nocturne
    Fortree

When Nocturne arrived, his mother Lydia and his sister Liliah was locked into battle against a human, but the teenage Zoroark was a little too late. His family was wounded, and human had escaped before he could chase him. Still, he didn't want to let the human get away with this, and he leaped forwards, chasing after the guy as fast as his feet could take him. But when he was close, there was a loud explosion, and Nocturne found himself standing in the frontlines against the Fortree defenses. Bullets were flying everywhere and people were bound to discover a shiny-ish Zoroark running around the place. It was too dangerous...

"Next time..." Nocturne let out a deep growl the turned around before anything could hit him. They had to retreat as the humans were holding their ground, or to make it simple, holding them back. He couldn't possibly go through the defenses just in order to kill the guy. He would be killed himself, and unlike Liliah, he had some common sense. The farther he was from the defenses, the safer he felt, and soon he found Lydia again, trailing after his sister.

"Mom we should leave this place..." Nocturne spoke, glancing around, "It's obvious that we're losing and if we keep fighting we're gonna die here!" turning to Liliah, he talked some sense into the Eevee, "Liliah listen! Retreat! If you die now how are you gonna fight the coming battles? It's too early! Get back! Heal! Fight another day! You don't have to do it now!"

Pokemon were retreating around him, heading towards Lilycove again. At least THEY knew when to back off.

Arceus (NPC)

The mighty Arceus, creator of the Pokemon World stood on the very top of Mt Pyre, looking at the world below. There was a new staircase, and a new hall of origin for him since the Sinnoh one had been destroyed. It was located in mid air, and only Legendaries with Azure Flutes could gain access to the Hall. The Legendary Leader was surrounded with bluish glitter, appearing and disappearing from nowhere, and there was a bright, golden Aura around his body, making him shine as if he was glowing like a bright star. The Alpha Pokemon made his way to the edge of the hall, and observed the war, kilometers above the place. Pokemon were being killed, and the Humans were ripping his creations apart. Chaos and destruction...everwhere...

And it was making him weaker.

The more Chaos there was, the weaker the Alpha Pokemon would be. If the whole Hoenn Region loses control, my Powers will be no different than other Pokemon out there, and I would not have enough power to control the other Legendaries. He thought, his strong powerful voice echoing in his mind. He had to act fast. But now it wasn't the right time...

"Members of the League of Legendaries, Hear me," Arceus looked into the sky, sending a telepathic signal to all LoLs, "It is almost time for us to take action. We need to stop this madness and create peace between the two faction before it is too late. We need to stop Chaos from spreading. I will need help from everybody, and if we act together we will save the Region from further destruction...or..." The Legendary closed his eyes, shaking his head, "Soon I will be too weak to be the Alpha Pokemon. All LoL Members, please report to the Hall of Origin on top of Mt Pyre as soon as possible (LoLs have an Azure Flute don't worry). Arceus out."

Herodes
    Lilycove

"Arceus is calling for help?" Herodes smirked after hearing his message, "Alas, he knows that Chaos power is weakening him. Unfortunately for him, I'm not going to let him stop this war. Chaos FEEDS me, and everytime a strong being dies, Pokemon or Human, I will be stronger. And soon if this continues, I will be strong enough to fight against Arceus."

Sitting in his battle tent again, he sat down, "Tzeetith will help me. And when Arceus is weaker, he will not be able to kill me when I appear in my true form. I can break his rules and disobey his orders. I can rule the Pokemon world..."

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    (guys, I wasn't preparing a huge battle plan or something.. just an escape path that will lend us some time escaping the woods unscathed, and probably sodomize some humans in the process :D)

Thanatos Hannibal
    On top of the Hill

Thanatos watched the Pokemon retreat from the woods. If he had come up with his plan a little later, they'd all die by the humans who would now chase the survivors.
    Then, he heard Gilbert's voice into his mind.

"Why Thanatos, my evolutionary line can sense aura at a level equal to that of a legendary pokemon... of course I can hear you! However I suggest you stick to telepathy from now on... using aura is riskier bussiness and you're recently injured. I'll be there soon."

"Don't act like you worry, brother. Auric energy is coming from the same source of Psychic energy; the spirit. I wouldn't have any problem."

He whispered to himself. He didn't really want his brother to hear his caustic response.
    Then he smirked, his expression changing instanly to deadly serious as he saw a big amount of ice and flying type Pokemon heading towards the hill, with a Frosslass in lead. The way he was smiling now made him look exactly like Rumble.
    Gilbert was also climbing up the hill.
    When the Pokemon, around fourty, and his brother reached the top of the hill, they were wondering what was going on and demanding Thanatos to explain.

His mother had gifted him a brilliant tactic mind, which had now calculated how much time they needed to retreat and when the humans would chase them. He nodded down the hill to show them some humans coming towards them with what appeared to be heavy machinery. Some of the Pokemon asked to see their Chiefs. Thanatos kept his large smile as his cold eyes were examining the scene in case of any flaw detection in his plan. No, everything is perfect.. the foolish humans are in the open, nowhere to hide.
    He looked his brother in the eye and shared his psychic power with him for a brief moment; to send a message.

Stay silent. We'll be leaving this place unscathed, but we're still in danger. I'm asking you to trust me.

But the fuss about the chiefs kept going, interrupting his thoughts. His blue eyes flashed with anger.

"Silence! See those humans down there? They will blow us to bits if you don't listen to me!"

The Reuniclus felt the silence to be touchable. Rumble had taught him about psychology, especially control and manipulation through the voice. And his psychic, metallic voice seemed just perfect for the job; it was covering all of their voices together, echoing down the hill.
    But now that it was silence, his voice became soft as whisper - the wind barely carried to all the ears in front of him - making it seem even more menacing.

"Now I'm sure alot of you are able to use Hail, correct?" He paused, half closing his eyes, wondering if anyone had understood where he was going with this. When the silence kept on, he frowned, disapproving their IQ level. Now his voice was even lower.

"I can help all of you merge your powers with the ones who know how to use Hail. We'll create a Hailstorm and move it towards Fortree's defence line, as well as the humans who are now on our tail, burrying them alive."

His blue eyes were colder than the snow beneath him. He glanced at his brother, asking him to help with his capabilities; as the humans had approached the hill, and would be in position in seconds, the process started immediately - without taking no for an answer, Thanatos felt the spirits of the Ice Pokemon, creating a bond between the ones who went to face the humans from on top of the hill - the ones who knew Hail.
    It instanly started to hail, a fierce hailstorm was created above of all the Pokemon in the hill. Thanatos was standing firm, completly unnaffected by the ice bouncing off his gel body - his own ability, Magic Guard.

Everything ended abruptly, with some heavy gunfire sounds coming down from the hill; Thanatos was late. The Pokemon who knew hail died first, as they were in the front.
    The rest of the Pokemon backed off, so they were out of sight from the humans.
    Thanatos thought the job was half done, but he was unable to help as he felt the nearby spirits of the ice types to melt away. But he had a trick up his sleeve; if he couldn't control the hailstorm with the will of the ice types, he would send it to rage towards the humans with the power of the wind.
    His smile grew bigger as he commanded the flying type Pokemon above his head to send the hailstorm away with gusts.

Thanatos watched the the huge hailstorm, raging on about 2 mile range, getting even more fierce with the strong winds. The retreating humans were helpless againist the amount -and size- of ice falling in their heads. But Thanatos wasn't satisfied; he was calculating again. The hail wasn't enough to burry the humans before they reach the trees, and the hailstorm itself wouldn't reach Fortree, not at its full potential anyway. But he looked at the bright side.

"Pokemon, our safe retreat is granted."

Some of the Pokemon, still hiding from the humans, let out a hooray - cries of victory, even though they hadn't win anything.
    Some saluted Thanatos with -some- respect, and some even his brother, Gilbert.
    Thanatos' peaceful smile returned on his face as they were walking back to Lylicove.

------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

Rumble
    Secret Lab
    The darkest of promises, the Destiny Bond

Rumble, after the war, had no choise but to become a scientist. His dark nature and will allowed him to claim a secret location as his new laboratory, where he would do what he knew best: invent new weapons and gadgets, the same thing he was doing back in the sewers of Oreburgh.
    He spent years hiding in the shadows. But, surprisingly, he had a very good reason to; Darkrai. Rumble made the promise of killing as many as he could ever imagine back in Sunnyshore to Darkrai, in exchange for his life. But the little bit of kindness and sense he had inside him - to save his friends from the nuclear blast he had so successfully predicted - would be his own demise. Rumble chose to save his friends instead of keeping his dark promise, and as a result, he's literally hiding from death in the darkest corner of Hoenn. His time hiding had twisted him even more; he had forgotten about Morgana, until an email arrived, from her, telling him he - finally?- had a son. The news were surprising to Rumble, but they didn't touch his cold heart. He melted the computer containing the mail with his psychic powers with a plain expression on his face.
    By the time he learned he had a son, Darkrai finally found him...

"You! What are you doing here?"

Rumble asked, although knowing the answer. He loaded his improved flamethrower with a cylinder of pure fire fuel and then pointed it at the dark figure standing at his doorstep.

"I think we both know what I want, Baron Rumble... Tsk tsk, I thought someone like you would keep their promises, especially when it involves killing... Turns out I was wrong."

Rumble frowned as Darkrai didn't back off neither reacted to his weapon which was still pointing at him.

"I'd bet all of my weapons you knew I wouldn't stay in Sunnyshore. You knew this all along, and now you're gonna blackmail me and my son."

"... I should've expected you'd figure it out. You're much like me - in other words, we think alike, meaning you already know what I'm going to ask you."

Rumble looked away, at the place where the burned down supercomputer which received the mail was. With the same frown, trying to withstand and fight back the horrible and unknown tension that Pokemon caused him.

"... Thanatos... is he going to be the one to pay the price?"

The gel Pokemon didn't cringe, nor his voice cracked - it didn't reveal any concern either. Darkrai noticed that, and laughed.

"You don't care, do you? About your son. Then let me tell you what will happen if you don't make him a killing machine; I will take away your life, and gift Thanatos your dark spirit. He's so kind deep inside, he'll fully receive your spoiled presence as something good, and that will change him, twist him for the rest of his life. Meaning you have no choise. Either way, human and Pokemon lives will be taken away, like you promised. But you will have to teach him."

Rumble was listening to the dark figure, which was still standing motionlessly at his doorstep, speaking, and he returned its unearthly gaze with his furious amber eyes flashing in the darkness of his laboratory. He smirked when he heard the last sentence.

"Now that's a sweet deal. Watching my son killing people for me would be amusing, and I daresay it'd make me proud too."

Darkrai gifted Baron Rumble a terrifying smile, and Rumble himself paid him back with his own huge and creepy smile. The crystal teeth Rumble had implemented into his mouth flashed red, returning the gaze of the dark Pokemon in front of him as it vanished in the shadows, with a last message echoing in the room.

"Remember... It does matter how strong or weak a soul is. I don't care for the people's lives, as much as I care about you."

Even a genius like Rumble was left wondering what Darkrai meant. But his intuition was warning him, Thanatos would become even more dangerous than him...

(Cain cheated :D Eh well, no plan can be perfect anyway.. also sorry for the bunnying aura, some things had to be done. And I guess Lydia Lilah and Nocturne would have left long the place long before the hailstorm struck)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Alec Languba
    Chief of the Pokemon Entente
    Fortree
    Energized; Solarbeam
    -----

The human rolled out of the way just as I hit the ground. He lifted his gun and began to fire. I lifted my tail, still as hard as steel, and the bullets bounced off of it until the gun was empty. The human then took out a knife, "C'mon, you wanna fight, bring it." He said as he launched himself at me with incredible force, for a human.

I dodged the knife as easily as I could dodge a Magikarp's Splash attack. I heard some snow shift as the human on the tree jumped out of it. "C'mon, c'mere you stupid lizard thing!" The human sounded nervous, so I didn't bother to divert my attention to him. Instead, I leaped into the air and behind the human that was in the tree. I focused a Leaf Storm that would hit both humans if they didn't move in time. Even then, they should still get sliced up a little. Hopefully.

I focused all of my remaining energy, all of my anger, all of my being into the attack. Leaves from all around began to float around me, and I summoned even more. They started out slow, but after a moment they began to swirl as fast as a fan blade, and they began to glow with energy. It took me a moment to realize that I was glowing too. It wasn't the Leaf Storm that I was glowing from though. I launched the Leaf Storm at the humans as I realized what the white light beginning to surround me was; Solarbeam.

I waited to see if the humans survived the Leaf Storm. If they did, I would launch the massive Solarbeam that became stronger every second that I waited. That's when I noticed a small light in the sky; a stream of fire as something flew off into the distance.

Victor Star
    LoL Member
    The skies above Hoenn
    Chaos ensues

-----

I had been floating above the town of Fortree, watching the chaos unfold. There were Pokemon being slaughtered... along with some humans, but significantly less. It made me sad... people and Pokemon were not meant to fight. For the past thousand years that I had walked the Earth, there had been peace between people and Pokemon. Sure, there were wars, but never between humans and Pokemon. There had also always been those that used Pokemon for evil, but they had always been taken care of. This... this was just sad to watch.

I watched each individual Pokemon battle, and the few humans that dared venture onto the battlefield. I could recite each and every one of their names; I had learned to be very observant over the past thousand years. I was currently watching the Snivy, Alec, a Chief of the Pokemon Entente. He had always been a good Pokemon, he would never kill a human. The events of this battle so far... they were destroying his view on these humans. I just hoped that he was strong enough to see past these pitiful humans on the battlefield and still remember that there were some good humans.

Sometimes that was even a little hard for me to believe, but I knew it was true.

"Members of the League of Legendaries, Hear me," The voice of Arceus interrupted my thoughts, "It is almost time for us to take action. We need to stop this madness and create peace between the two faction before it is too late. We need to stop Chaos from spreading. I will need help from everybody, and if we act together we will save the Region from further destruction...or..." There was a slight pause, "Soon I will be too weak to be the Alpha Pokemon. All LoL Members, please report to the Hall of Origin on top of Mt Pyre as soon as possible. Arceus out."

I sighed, both a sigh of relief and sadness. Relief for having an excuse to leave this scene, and also for the hope of this ending soon. Sadness for the chaos of it all, and the fact that Arceus was getting weaker, which could be a problem. Sadly, I hadn't found out which one of us could be the traitor. Whoever it was, they were rather smart.

I turned towards the direction of Mt. Pyre and shot towards it in a burst of flames.

I landed on the peak of Mt. Pyre and took out my Azure Flute. I raised it to my mouth and began to blow into it, creating a beautiful melody. My white wings fluttered as I listened to the sound that the Azure Flute produced. I only got to use this when I needed to see Arceus, so it's not like I got to hear it extremely often.

A staircase appeared in front of me and I began to ascend it. I walked all the way until I reached the floating platform at the top. Walking felt weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    (I'm assuming Humens win at Fortree so Imma post right meow)

Steven Richard (NPC)
    Rustboro City
    Outside Lab

Steven wheeled the Lieutenant's cell over to a Laboratory, being directed by the doctor. Steven had his Doctorate, so being a battle medic was a bit of a step down from expectations. Steven picked up the cell and placed it on the lab table. The Doctor ordered Steven to leave the room, so Steven waved good bye and headed out the door. Steven walked down a network of hallways until he exited via the front door. Steven knew a friend who was studying Engineering in Rustboro, so he walked over to his friend's place, hoping for some hospitality until he could get to Fortree or anywhere.

Dr. Allen Timmerson
    Rustboro City
    Laboratory

Allen watched as Steven left the room. Steven was a good guy, but he didn't put in enough effort to accomplish things. Allen picked up the so-called "Bio-intestine" that he requested when he was in Fortree. Allen grabbed the necessary tools, and began work. Allen cleaned the wound with a antistethic, and held the small intestine and attached the intestine to the device, and did the same with the large intestine. Allen then connected the device to various smaller organs, muscle tissues, veins and arteries. The Device worked perfectly, and Allen sighed in relaxation. The prototype worked on the subject. Allen returned Mikkelson to the cell, and wheeled Mikkelson to the un-freezing room. Allen hooked up the cell to the cyrogenic un-freezer and waited as Mikkelson unfroze.

Lieutenant Mikkelson
    ????????

Mikkelson felt the shivering tingle only to be met by his confusion. He noticed that pain was gone, yet he was stuck in a tight chamber. Mikkelson pressed on the glass of the chamber, but the door did not budge. Mikkelson couldn't help but notice a metal device jammed where his wound once was. Mikkelson jumped out as the door opened, and looked around. He could tell that he was in a lab, but didn't know how he got there. Mikkelson saw a doctor there and asked,

" Where the F*** am I?"

" Ah, the first sign of the freezing process is memory loss. You are in Rustboro City, you were brought here after you suffered a wound in the Fortree battle," the Doctor replied. Mikkelson began to recall the battle, and everything before then. Mikkelson was then ordered to do various tests, of the physical, psychological and mental. Mikkelson then suited up in to some decent clothes, and heard the doctor signaled Mikkelson to the heli, which had apparently brought him to Rustboro. Mikkelson got on, along with Doctor Timmerson, and the Heli departed for Mauville, where Mikkelson would take ground transportation to Fortree, or so he was told. Mikkelson trusted only a few people, and this doctor he just met wasn't exactly one. Mikkelson gazed into the sunset as the Heli flew east towards Mauville City.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Scott
    Fortree City
    Heading to Lilycove

After Nick dropped me off by the Medics, they took great care of me. I was all patched up and ready to go before we began going back to Lilycove. "Take care of yourself and don't let that happen again" said the Chansey. "Oh it won't. Thanks for your help" I replied back as I walked away. I felt much better as I did before, although I had a slight pain in side and I was extremely tired. Many many pokemon were running back to Lilycove to insure they didn't die. I thought I should do the same, but I was in no shape to be sprinting full blast so I just jogged. I was jogging for about ten to twenty minutes when I realized that the piece of my shell had been blown off. I had totally forgot.

"How am I gonna get this fixed?" I thought.

While I walked back I tried to think of ways to fix it. It's not like their is a shell store around the corner, and I can't just grow it back. It took a while to get back to Lilycove, took about a few hours actually. But I finally arrived and watched as other pokemon where getting rushed to medics, or just talking with others. I looked down at the hole in my shell and looked back up.
    I looked around and saw a medic so I walked to him.

"Uhh sorry to bug you but can I have some medical tape and a few bandages please?" I asked the medic that was helping a Charizard. "Sure, there on the table" Replied the medic "Thanks" I said back and walked to the table the Medic pointed at.

I picked up the tape and bandages and made a temporary patch for the open hole in my shell. It wouldn't be a permanent replacement but it would have to do. I walked to a bench and sat down to rest and thought about the battle. For my first battle in a war it was a total rush. But I wouldn't say I did the best, I got hurt bad because of one missed move. I felt really stupid, I felt like a failure. All I know is later in the future, Ill have my chance to shine.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thanatos Hannibal
    Lilycove City

"Gilbert.. Meet me in the beach of Lilycove. Make sure to bring Miss Lydia and her daughter over. And try not to screw things up.."

Thanatos was talking about the childish, irresponsible nature he believed Gilbert had.

All the time the Reuniclus was walking with the other Pokemon towards Lilycove, he was lost in his thoughts.
    What could that dark sensation possibly be? Perhaps it had something to do with my retrospectives? Gilbert would surely know something, but I am not asking for his help. Either way it's inside me, and nobody can do anything about it.

He heard a soft whisper; like someone was next to him, but he couldn't catch the meaning of the phrases. Then more whispering from everywhere clouded his mind, making him smirk and slightly shake his head.

"Am I losing my mind?"

Suddenly he had a huge headache. The adrenaline, the rush of the battle had ended, but now he could understand what the voice was saying, but the instant he heard the words, he forgot them.
    Then it stopped, leaving him with the said headache binding his head like a belt.

The first houses of Lilycove City could be seen in the distance - his heart felt relief, although he wasn't completly satisfied by the result of the first battle. He thought, Hoenn was in grave danger, now that the humans decided to start a war; but the Pokemon were stupid, they wouldn't use their powers to their full extent.
    Even his gravitional walk was creepy, his unearthly gaze was running from the Pokemon who survived the war, the medics who were tending them to the new Battle Tent of Lylicove.

Various Pokemon were running around, Thanatos examining their body structure, saluting some of them, ignoring some others. His headache kept torturing his head, and his vision was kind of blurry, but he shocked when he saw Rumble, who was standing next to the battle tent, talking to a Salamence with his ironic smile on.
    They stopped talking, looked at Thanatos. Rumble's expression didn't change one bit, as he nodded the Salamence to take off.

"Hey, Junior."

Thanatos approached his father with some childish excitement; he was still admiring his father, although now he seemed older and weaker, despite the human weapons he was carrying and the mechanical arm which he had implemented on his right hand.

"Hello, father."

"How did it go? Did you kill many of those humans?"

"I believe I did. But, we lost the battle..."

Rumble's scarred face got brighted up with a spark of happiness and he started laughing. Thanatos frowned at his father's reaction, wondering why was he laughing. Rumble explained, when he stopped laughing.

"This isn't about winning or losing, Junior. Did you have fun?"

Before Thanatos could open his mouth, Rumble answered his own question, always with his maniacal smile on his face.

"Of course you did! Killing puny humans is fun, eh? Tell me your impressions of the war."

Rumble's sudden mood change from happy to serious would normally scare Thanatos, but he was used to it ever since he met him. He thought about the last hours; did he really have fun? Yes, surely I had fun.

"Yes, it was awesome! Everything you taught me, I put to use. It worked in perfection, humans were flying everywhere from my explosions, got burned and shocked. Boom, they're dead from twenty meters with a single torrent of my psychic power!"

Rumble seemed satisfied, although still serious. He nodded to Thanatos.

"That's right, Junior! Show 'em what you're made of - what I made you of, actually"

And he started laughing again. Thanatos simply smiled, having still the terrible headache. Rumble's dark amber eyes met his son's blue ones; he seemed to notice his headache.

"... Constant use of your powers could cause that. Your extreme capabilities torture your being. That's why I use these"

He nodded at his weapons, without looking at them. Thanatos now knew why his headache was so strong; he had truly abused his power limits, especially when he performed the hailstorm miracle. He nodded back at his father who was now examining him.

"You got hurt? .. Tsk."

"Yes, someone threw a grenade at me."

Rumble got mad, his eyes had a threatening flash that made Thanatos break eye contact, his voice sounding metallic, imbued with tension.

"Why didn't you use your powers to send it away?"

"I didn't even see it.. I crushed the one who threw it, father."

Rumble calmed down and returned his son's evil smile. They seemed to understand each other, although the usual tension Thanatos felt when close to Rumble. He decided not to share his worries

"You almost died... I felt it, you know. If you die, I'm gonna kill you a second time. Don't leave any variables in the equation of war behind. The equation seems unsolvable without finding the variables, and to find those, you must simply kill everything that moves."

He bursted into laughter again, this time Thanatos laughing as well. Black humour was his thing, it was one of the things he didn't aqcuire from Rumble. He discovered he was having fun with his father, after he learned what war meant; now he could understand Rumble even more, the scars on his face seemed more... familiar, somehow.

"By the way, father.. I send my brother Gilbert to find a lady named Lydia, and said I would be waiting in the beach."

It was like Rumble got struck by lightning; his amber eyes widened, and his face would be funny if it wasn't scarred.

"Lydia! Are you sure? Lydia? And Gilbert.. That little tyke, Mandel's son?"

Thanatos smiled. The intimidating figure of his dad had somehow lost its power, and he seemed normal for the first time after Thanatos met him. His mother had told him and Gilbert stories. Stories of Lydia and Rumble. Thanatos deeply admired Lydia for her bravery and trust she showed towards Rumble, but it wasn't much compared to the admiration for his father.

"I'm sure, yes.. Let's go to the beach, then?"

Rumble nodded, looking at the ground with a plain face. Obviously lost in his thoughts about Miss Lydia, Thanatos thought, she seems like an important person for him.. maybe the only friend he ever had?
    But he shook off that thought. Father had many friends.
    He recognized his father's expression. It reminded him of himself being troubled. But is something troubling father?
    The two Reuniclus' took the road towards the beach, having a casual conversation nobody could ever have with Rumble.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Gilbert
    Lilycove city
    A realization, A reunion
    Gilbert had arrived at Lilycove with the rest of his group mere moments ago. He nodded as he was told to meet Thanatos at the beach, he informed Lydia and Lilah that they should do the same and he walked alone through the streets of Lilycove.

He felt his leaf pendant glow slightly and the voice of Mandel emenated through his mind.

"Its truly been a long time since I saw Lydia, she's matured into a strong Zoroark and I'm glad she could finnaly evolve... and Nocturne, I never even got to see him grow up, much like you, but also like you I'm proud of him... You know now what rests within Thanatos I assume." Mandel finished.

"I've recognised the aura after analysing it on the walk back here, I'm certain now, it's an exact match, Thanatos is carrying a part of Rumbles aura attached to his own.

"But how?"

"I don't know... It could be something as complicated as a legendarys interference, or it could be something as simple as a destiny bond. There are many ways share auras between one being, none of them are a good idea, thats why destiny bond is so risky and learned by so few pokemon." Gilbert explained.

"Incredible... you've really learned alot Gilbert."

"Its just my instinct, my inate connection to aura has let me know such things." Gilbert blushed.

"You musn't be so modest! True or not, you must be especially connected to such things due to your early learning of aura sphere."

"Well yeah but... haha..." Gilbert smiled.

He reached the beach and sat down on the golden sand. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw a Leafeon with black leaves sitting beside him.

"M...M..." Gilbert stuttered.

"Don't fear Gilbert, I'm only visible to you as of this moment, consider me a guide of sorts, a guardian angel, I'm not really here and only you can see me, so calm down before people see you acting terrified over thin air." Mandel smiled.

Gilbert gulped and tried to disregard his panicked feelings, his vision of Mandel had been almost perfect aside from some small features, such as the various scars on his body and the way his tail leaf had a small bullet hole in it.

"I haven't felt the touch of sand since the day I was thrown into war over fifteen years ago, I had almost forgotten..." Mandel frowned and gilbert tried to put his hand on his shoulder, but it simply passed through him, like he was a ghost.

"Im sorry Gilbert but like I said... I'm not really here." Mandel sighed.

"O...Ohh." Gilbert stuttered, the two sat in awkward silence​

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Colonel Vikar Leroux
    Fortree City
    Battlefield

Vikar watched the last of the pokemon trying to escape get cut down by weapon fire before he had a chance to reach them. The curse of being a melee fighter was the lack of range. His thoughts were interrupted by General Cain's transmission to him, but before he could respond a sudden unexplained hail storm formed and moved toward the human forces burying a good sized portion of their force.

Sighing Vikar looked over at where the sudden low to the ground hail storm had buried a decent size portion of their army then responded, "Sorry General looks like it's too late to stop that. I'm moving to assist the buried personnel, if we move quickly enough we will not lose anyone from that storm." Several human soldiers were already starting to dig out their allies who had been caught in it freak storm.

Vikar tan over to the area and using his enhanced eyes quickly found a soldier trapped under the ice. Reaching down through it he grabbed the man's uniform by the collar and pulled him up. The human only had a few scratches and cuts in the few areas his armor didn't cover, but other than that he seemed fine other than being a little dazed. "Thank you sir!" suddenly expressed the soldier with a salute as he realized who had pulled him out. Vikar didn't salute back as he quickly pulled out another troop.

"Not is not the time for formalities… help me pull our comrades out of this mess," replied Vikar as he helped the second soldier to their feet. Vikar was impressed by the quick storm the pokemon had brought up that had suddenly buried some of the humans. While the hail storm had been too low to the ground to build up the velocity needed to deal lots of damage, the pokemon who had caused the hail storm had allowed a good sized force of Pokemon to escape that would have otherwise been slaughtered.

Thanks to the quick reaction of several soldiers and the human's technology in thermal vision all the soldiers who had been buried were recovered. Most were ok, but there were a few badly injured and at least one casualty from the storm.

Vikar then looked around and found the General. Walking up to the man Vikar said, "Sir, Rescue efforts were highly successful, but the pokemon in that sector were able to escape. Overall the LT was wounded badly, but the Sergeant got him back to base so hopefully with medical attention he will survive." Vikar didn't salute at this time to not identify General Trace as a high profile target in case there was any last desperate push from the pokemon. Looking in the distance he watched as one of the last Magmortar's head exploded from a high caliber sniper rifle round. The Colonel then added, "Clearly these Pokemon are nothing but heartless or stupid beasts… to throw so many of their kind to be slaughtered for a simple distraction. Sir would you like to investigate the attack on the Weather Center or should I?" Vikar looked over at the Weather Center… something about it wasn't right why did they not transmit out a distress call if they were under attack?

Tzeetith
    Nivok Industries Headquarters
    Sindri Smith's Office

Sindri, aka Tzeetith, glared at the screen showing the face of Brent Andrews, one of his associates. To Tzeetith's right was a second monitor showing what information he currently had on Cerberus' attack on the human's communication network.

"So you want to cover up the mistakes in this plan?" asked Brent as the man's electronic eyes seemed to be trying to look into Tzeetith's soul. Brent's hair was grey and his face showed him to be around 40 years old, but in reality the man was 50. Brent Andrews was Tzeetith's best human ally, and now Tzeetith once again needed the scientist/warrior's help.

"Yes, I have a feeling my associate's plan wasn't fully thought out… Plus he doesn't fully understand human technology at this point so I'm guessing it was a complete shot in the dark... which was actually a very good shot, but for it to go perfectly as planned he will need some help," replied Tzeetith as he carefully analyzed Brent's facial expression.

Brent seemed to be thinking for a second before he responded, "Ok I'll get Five working on it right away. Not because I want to help your "friend," but because it will help keep eyes off Project: Deimos for the time being…"

"So how is Project Deimos going?" asked Tzeetith curious about the huge project that had been keeping Brent Andrews away from Hoenn so long.

"Slow… we are making break through and great progress every day, but it's not enough to get this thing done any time soon. I will say the data you gave us has helped tremendously, and that issue has mostly been solved," said Brent with a slight smile. Brent barely ever smiled unless it had something to do with some invention or new technology.

"Very well… well I must get going… I have another boring meeting to attend," half muttered Tzeetith while rolling his eyes. Brent nodded as the transmission ended. Standing up Tzeetith looked around his small cave like office that smelled of stale pizza, which had become a stable part of Tzeetith's diet. For some reason the Legendary couldn't get enough of the human food.

Tzeetith
    Hall of Origin

Tzeetith pulled out his sword and used it to open a portal to the Distortion World. He liked using the Distortion World as a bridge and it also helped keep Arceus off his back since the god pokemon couldn't really track him when he entered his own little dimension. After fifteen minutes of being in his world he had completely turned into him Origin form. Tzeetith thought about how strange it felt being his "normal" self as he used the Azure Flute alongside his own abilities to open a portal to the Hall of Origin. He slipped through the portal and looked around at the current Legendaries that had gathered. He didn't see Cerberus there, which meant he would have to talk to him after this dull meeting.

Tzeetith drifted off to the side to sit in for the meeting. Tzeetith had always been anti-social with the other Legendaries preferring to sit off to himself and just listen and today wouldn't be any different. He looked at the god pokemon and wondered why Arceus had called them to a meeting. Did he have some sort of plan or was he just going to complain about how the humans and pokemon were fighting again?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Dartanian Quickslash
    Lilycove City
    Outside the Battle Tent

Dartanian stood up as Pokemon began gathering. From the looks of it, they were preparing for battle. As the Pokemon force moved out, the Gallade hung near the edges where he wouldn't be surrounded by strangers. They trekked on nonstop for hours until the Snivy leading them called for a stop. The snow before them was bathed in blood in the blood and pieces of many Pokemon. Dartanian stared at the carnage with a blank face while his mind reeled with horror. "Who would do such a thing?" he wondered in disgust.

The Snivy signaled for the attack for begin and they all charged. As Dartanian charged forward, two rings of glowing orbs formed around him. The light disappeared to reveal multiple sharp edged rocks which than shot forward and the Stone Edge attack lodged itself in a human. Something coming out of the snow caught his eye and a moment later he was thrown back by the force of an explosion. He cushioned his landing with Psychic and stood up carefully in case he had been more badly injured than he at first believed. Discovering that he was fine, as he hadn't been close enough to the mine to gain any serious injuries, he looked around... just in time to duck down again as a bullet whizzed by. His eyes searched out the human who had shot it and he threw it into another human with psychic. A Focus Blast ended the life of a man as he was about to pull the trigger of a gun aimed directly at the Gallade's head. Dartanian didn't stop to think about what he was doing, just let his training take over as he knocked down one human after another with accurate, precise attacks. He felt a sudden, sharp pain in his right arm as a bullet hit it just below the blade. He spun and leaped, using his good arm to strike down the human that shot him with Leaf Blade.

He turned only to halted as something ice cold hit him from above. Icy pellets rained down as a hailstorm, no doubt started by the Pokemon, broke out. Peering into the storm while protecting himself as best he could by redirecting the ice with Psychic, he spotted the Pokemon retreating. He felt a twinge of disappointment but made a dash for them through the storm. Despite his best efforts, by the time he came out of it he had a few good sized lumps from where the hail had hit him. He joined the retreating Pokemon as they went back to Lilycove.

((OOC: Finally getting to post after what... a week? XD))

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Aki Kato; Private
    Human Defence Line
    Aki's eyes widened as the tiny lizard summoned an onslaught of leaves, gathering from the trees and snow covered ground below them. Aki had no idea in hell what to do; did he run? Shoot? Brace himself? He looked over at the Lieutenant for some kind of advice on what to do but Vargas had no words. Oh boy. Okay. Aki stood his ground a braced himself.

The leaves felt like tiny knives but thanks to the snow and wet that had been absorbed by the leaves and Aki's sensitivity to cold and several layers of clothes, the cuts weren't as bad as Aki thought they might be, the only serious place was several on this face. But that wasn't what he was most worried about. What was bothering him was this ominous glow coming the lizard. Aki blinked. Crap. What could he do now? This felt like it. The end. And he wasn't being his overdrammatic self. This light was it.

He was a private, the lowest of the low, the stupidest of the stupid, the pawn. This was all he had done with his small life. As much as he wanted to hope this wasn't it, it really felt like it. But, he could do maybe one thing before this tiny lizard killed them. Or killed him.

"I'm sorry sir, I was never good at close combat," Aki stood in front of the Lieutenant, his arms outstretched. "Maybe you could show me some things when we get back."

The white grew bright and then... Black.

(ooc: Aki's not dead lol just being dramatic)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Cain Trace, General
    Fortree City
    Battlefield

The resulting wave of ice and gust of wind caused a portion of the army to get pushed back, just as the Pokemon made their escape. Cain held his ground, as he was off to the side, and wasn't hit by the full force of the combined attack. Cain looked across the battlefield. A good portion of humans were buried under the snow, but already their comrades were pulling them out.

"Sorry General looks like it's too late to stop that. I'm moving to assist the buried personnel, if we move quickly enough we will not lose anyone from that storm." He heard on the radio. General Trace didn't respond back immediately. He looked around at the damage caused. He shook his head as he pulled out one of his fellow soldiers from the snow, thinking how unfair it was that Pokemon had these kinds of abilities.

But that was the enemy, and Cain would have to deal with it. He looked up to see Colonel Leroux approaching him.

"Sir, Rescue efforts were highly successful, but the pokemon in that sector were able to escape. Overall the LT was wounded badly, but the Sergeant got him back to base so hopefully with medical attention he will survive. Clearly these Pokemon are nothing but heartless or stupid beasts… to throw so many of their kind to be slaughtered for a simple distraction. Sir would you like to investigate the attack on the Weather Center or should I?"

Cain looked around at the damage for a moment, thinking over the whole situation. He looked back at the Colonel. For a moment, he didn't speak as he looked him over. He was actually thinking in his mind how this whole attack had been a simple distraction, but it showed one thing. Whoever was in charge of the Pokemon at the moment didn't care much for the average soldier. He was rather heartless, and would throw mountains of the beasts, just to attack the Weather Institute. Cain had to act now.

"Good work, Colonel. Let's get all the wounded to the infirmary. Send a patrol to check out the situation in the Weather Institute. I wanna know what happened there. But I get the feeling I already know what they were after. If that's the case, you'd better be ready to move. I get the feeling the Pokemon are going to make another move soon."

Cain walked off into the snow. Most of the Pokemon gone now. The soldiers were, for the most part, now out of the snow, and heading back to camp. It was the first battle in the War, and even though there was a situation at the weather institute, the battle was theirs, the first of many. As long as Cain was in charge, and morale was high, he knew they wouldn't lose.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Mark Vargas
    Fortree
    "Tree!"

Mark was caught in the middle of leaf storm, his H.U.D outlining the calculated path of the tiny leaves. They bounced off the armor, weakening his armor a little. It didn't harm him, just an annoyance. The Private wasn't so fortunate, getting sliced up. He needed to stop this now. He started walking threw the storm of leaves. "I'm sorry sir, I was never good at close combat," Aki stood in front of the Lieutenant, his arms outstretched. "Maybe you could show me some things when we get back." He went out cold, Mark stepped over him, leaving his rifle as a 'present', and walked toward the snivy in a blue hoodie. He cracked his knuckles and neck at the same time, before delivering a good punch to the snivy's face. He didn't expect to get his ass handed to him with a solar beam, all he remembered of that part was blackness and clutching tightly to the knife he never let go of.

Poliwag_060

Poliwag's No.1 Fan!
    Years
  • Sergeant Jennifer Harrison
    Fortree City
    Defense Line

Jennifer rose from her cover to fire some shots at a group of slow to retreat Pokemon. F***in pricks, Jen thought, remembering her lost fiancee. Jen thought of Josh frequently, as he was the big reason Jen was here, fighting in this war. Jen reloaded her rifle, and looked around to see the Pokemon still heading back. Jennifer carefully aimed and shot at a Slowbro. The Slowbro fell down, toppling a Starly in the process. Some would call that two birds wit hone stone. Jen looked up to see an enormous gust of ice and snow heading towards Fortree City. Jennifer ducked behind cover, and only was hit by parts of the storm. Jennifer looked around after the storm had subsided to see a portion of the army buried in snow. Jennifer hopped out of cover and dug a Soldier out of the ice, and told him to rescue other Soldiers. Jen looked to see a Soldier grasping for air, so Jennifer rushed over and pulled that Soldier out of the snow. The soldier quickly responded,

" Thank you miss. You saved me."

" Your welcome, extend the favour and dig out some of your comrades," Jennifer ordered. Jennifer looked to see that the Army was helping each other out, and Jennifer headed back to the base. She decided to stop at a bar, as she felt the need to drink. Jen entered the bar and sat down on a stool. The bartender walked over to Jen and asked,

" What can I get for you Soldier?"

" An Appletini please," Jennifer replied.

The Bartender nodded and began preparing the drink.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, just couldn't think of anything interesting)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Alec Languba
    Chief of the Pokemon Entente
    Fortree to Lilycove
    Human Captive

-----

Once the Leaf Storm passed, the sniper that had been in the tree collapsed. The other human then walked up to me as I charged Solarbeam, cracking his knuckles and neck. He punched me across the face as I launched the Solarbeam. It was huge; a massive beam of energy that hit the soldier point blank in the face. He went flying threw the air, only to land in the snow near the other sniper. I then had an idea.

Capturing a human could be rather helpful, but I could only move one. I decided to go for the one I had blasted with Solarbeam; the Lieutenant. I had to summon some vines to wrap around him, which was rather difficult since I didn't know Vine Whip. They were useless for battle, but they had enough strength to drag the human along the snow.

It would take awhile, but I started to drag the human back to Lilycove. It was a good idea, I just wasn't a huge Serperior that could drag him so easily. He was heavy, and I wasn't sure if he was a fat human since I had never actually tried to carry a human before. For now, I was just going to assume that he was fat.

By the time I reached Herodes' tent in Lilycove, I was almost out of energy. I left the human right at the entrance; now tied up in some vines I had found along the way back to Lilycove. I walked into the tent, "Herodes, sir, I have captured a human, a Lieutenant, for questioning." I reported as I stood in front of the Infernape.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lieutenant Mikkelson
    Skies of Hoenn
    Helicopter

Mikkelson watched as the Heli descended towards Mauville City. It was a miracle that Mikkelson was even alive, never mind already out of the hospital. Mikkelson saw the doctor, who was clearly experienced in the medical business. The Heli landed on a Helipad, near an airstrip. Mikkelson hopped out of the Heli and walked into the nearby hangar for screening.

Lieutenant Mikkelson
    Mauville City
    Hangar 67

Mikkelson listened as the soldier present barked out the standard procedures. Mikkelson nodded and went through the x-ray machine. The soldier nodded and pointed to the door. Mikkelson headed out there and was greeted by an Officer.

" Hello Lieutenant. Good to see you alive," the Officer barked. Mikkelson nodded and followed the Officer.

" So, you're headed back up to Fortree," The Officer asked.

Mikkelson nodded, and looked at the vehicle in front of him. It was the Rhino from Fortree, with Davis and Mikkelson's entourage waiting there. Mikkelson saluted to the Officer and walked over to the Rhino. His entourage surrounded him, with Sergeant Davis being the first one to speak,

" Hey, Mikkelson! It's great to see you alive again! How was the operation?"

" I was frozen the whole F***ing time," Mikkelson retorted. Mikkelson jumped into the passenger seat, with Davis taking the driver's spot. Davis turned on the Rhino, and drove out of Mauville and towards Fortree. They drove on a back road that stretched around the bay, returning access to Fortree. No one said a word, usual of drives. The Rhino turned onto Route 119, heading north to Fortree. The scenery was nice, the plants and water undisturbed by the ungratefulness of Pokemon. Mikkelson was handed a chocolate bar, and he ate it. Mikkelson kept enjoying the scenery until his jaw dropped. The Weather Institute was ransacked and destroyed.

" Drive over to the Weather Institute," Mikkelson ordered. Davis drove the Rhino over and Mikkelson got out. The others started to get out but Mikkelson stopped them.

" Keep guard, radio me if anything shows up," Mikkelson ordered. Mikkelson unholstered his pistol and entered the Weather Institute. Mikkelson scanned around the main floor, looking for anything important. Mikkelson could only see Weather records, none of them seemed important. Mikkelson turned to look in a cubicle, where he saw a human squirming. Mikkelson picked up the human off the floor and balanced the human.

" Hello, do you know what happened here," Mikkelson asked.

" Well, some Pokemon attacked and were hitting the place pretty hard. I was knocked unconsicous. That's all I know," the Human reported.

Mikkelson sighed.

" Head outside and you will see some Soldiers. Go to them, and wait for me," Mikkelson replied. Mikkelson exited the cubicle and headed upstairs. Mikkelson found more weather records, that is, until he entered the security room. Mikkelson watched the tape, seeing the full attack. Mikkelson downloaded the footage onto a flash drive, and took the flash drive and exited the building. Mikkelson got back into the Rhino and said,

" Head to Fortree. We need to bring the civvie and the security footage back to Fortree."

With that, the entourage departed from the Institute towards Fortree.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Mark Vargas
    Lilycove

*Bleep, Bleep, Bleep, Bleep, Bleep* The noise kept repeating in Mark's ear. He opened his eyes, "Error, systems offline. Warning, GPS offline, location unknown." Flashed across the black visor. He fiddled around till he heard the Tac Pad on his left arm go *Beep.* The words on the Visor changed to "Rebooting operating system." In the corner of the visor a box appeared, a checklist going at an unreadable speed as the suit reset itself. Why it did it's thing, he thought about where he was, and the situation he was in. He was obviously tied up, so he was already in some kind of trouble. But he was also still clutching onto his knife. Slicing through them was a bad idea, he wanted just to weaken the ropes. He was startled from his thoughts when his H.U.D started to come back up. The first thing to come back on-line was his vitals, the bar at the top of the screen was full 75%. He wasn't going to die, guess that was pretty good news. Next was his weapon and ammo counter, all he had was a knife, so that was pretty useless at the moment. Then his motion tracker, it was going all wacky though, he would have to fix that himself, when we got free. In a blinding light, the visor light up, the world came into a blurry view, then cleared up as his eyes adjusted to the light. He looked around, there were pokemon everywhere, this was bad. Mark looked down, he was tied with vines, not rope. He tried to slice at the vine closest to the blade, but he was tied up too tight. Mark fiddled a little to loosen himself. He was going to have to figure out a way to break himself out. The visor turned black again. "Location found." appeared, then turned to the 3D map of the city of lilycove. He barley learned his way around Fortree, screw traversing the path back there, he didn't know where he would even start. But his map would help, he could just set a marker. The screen went black again. "Tactical Map Offline." 'Great' he thought. All he could do was try to get loose enough to cut half way through the vines while he waited.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Cain Trace, General
    Fortree City
    On way back to Human Base of Operations

Cain left the Colonel as the rest of the humans went back towards the base. It was a strange way of making it seem like a victory, pulling his comrades out of a sheet of ice and snow, but it looked like most of them were out now. Now they needed some R and R before heading out. It was obvious this was a diversion, for what, he didn't know, but he knew the Weather Institute was involved. Once he got the report from there, he'll know for sure what was going on. For now, his men were tired. He was tired.

Cain walked through the snow, before stumbling upon another buried soldier. It was the same soldier who had asked the question about if they used a fire attack in the trees. Cain remembered telling him if they got burned by fire,use the snow. It was ironic that now he was covered in snow, unconscious. Cain kneeled down next to him, checking his pulse. It was light, but it was there. The man was alive. He pulled him out of the snow, and onto his back.

"Don't worry, Private, you'll be alright." He told him, not even sure if he could here. "Someone get me a medic here!" He yelled. Cain carried the private to a medic, who took care of him from here. Cain saluted the Private briefly, then moved on. He was concerned for the Private, but Cain was far too busy being the General to care for any particular soldier for too long. Well, except for one, that is. Cain called a Corporal that was next to him.

"Find 2nd Lieutenant Vargas for me. I need to speak with him." Cain said, a sign of irritation still in his voice. He was definitely still pissed off that Mark had set off the Operation ahead of time. Thankfully, no permanent damage was caused by it, but it might have led to the injuries 2nd LT Mikkelson got. One thing was for sure, Vargas was about to get the chew out of his lifetime. A few seconds later, the Corporal found Cain again as he was heading into the Human Base of Operations.

"Sir, I'm afraid to say I can't find the Lieutenant."

"He hasn't checked in?" Cain asked.

"No, sir. No one has seen him." the Corporal said.

"Is there a chance he might be buried in snow?"

"We seem to have checked everywhere." Cain staired long and hard at the Corporal. He then let out a sigh.

"Well, f**k. He got his ass captured. That's just great. That's beautiful. As if the bast*rd couldn't make my life any more difficult, he goes and get's his ass captured."

Cain rubbed his chin. He was presented with a problem. One of his Officers was just captured. But Cain knew he couldn't go on a recon assignment for a single soldier. He was presented with a choice: Do the ethical thing, or do the right thing. Cain chose the right thing. He was leaving one of his behind enemy lines. It wasn't in spite. Sure, he was pissed off at the LT, but what he was doing was for the betterment of the HR. Sometimes, a General had to do unpopular decisions.

Cain finally arrived at his office, where he immediately turned on the intercom.

"Attention all Human Republic Military Personnel. This is your General speaking. One everyone is outfitted and recovered, we'll be moving off. I want everyone ready to move out within two hours. All Fortree Military forces will remain to defend the city in case it is attacked again. The rest of you, prepare. We're going West."

Cain shut off the intercom and sat at his desk. He tapped his finger on the desk, as he thought of the events of the last battle. Once he finds out what happened in the Weather Institute, the army's going to head off again. The Pokemon made their first move, but this isn't going to be their last.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • Chief Nick Fizen
    Fortree
    Retreating

Nick stood up when he saw the pokemon retreating, joining in with the movement of pokemon. He managed to get the jumbled mass that had just rushed by into a loose box formation, him at the back to make sure no one was left behind. Nick heard another cry for help, and with a sigh, started moving away. The small troop stopped, not sure whether to follow their chief or to keep moving.
    "You two, come with me, the rest of you get to Lilycove as fast as you can!" Nick ordered. A Staraptor and a Golem broke off and followed Nick through the forest. "You, see if you can pin-point the location of that pokemon. Carry it back if you can," he ordered the Staraptor, who flew off towards the cry for help.
    Nick ducked as a few bullets whizzed by his head, hitting the remaining trees. He ducked behind a burning house, the Golem right behind him.
    "You get those two, I'll get those three?" the golem asked, peaking his head over the charred wood.
    "You bet. On the count of three. One, two, three. Go!" Nick flung himself over the house and used flame thrower on one of the humans. He ran at the other and stabbed him in the chest with the hidden blade. Nick wiped the blood off of it int he snow and looked at the Golem, who had just finished when the Staraptor came back, struggling to carry a wounded Blaziken.
    She set him down and took a breath, "I don't know how badly he's really hurt, but he was in a pool of his own blood. Lots of red snow," she breathed. Nick hoisted the other fire type over his shoulder and into a firemans carry.
    "Okay, come on, we've got to catch up with the rest," about 15 minutes later, they met up with the group that they had left. The pokemon had started moving a bit slower, not really wanting to be too far away from the nearest chief.
    Another hour and the group finally made it to Lilycove; Nick set the Blaziken down by the other wounded soldiers. "Take good care of him," Nick told the medics. He wasn't sure why, but he felt a certain kinship with the Blaziken, probably because both of them were the final evolutions of what used to be human "starter" pokemon. There was a lot of blood on Nicks back that had come from a wound on the Blaziken, matting his fur down. The metallic smell made him feel a little sick and he really wanted to get rid of it. Nick grabbed some snow and piled it on his back, then started up his fire, which melted and ran down, carrying blood with it. He repeated the process until a water type offered to hose him down. Nick gratefully accepted the offer and then ventured to the battle tent, not quite sure what to do next. Alec was there with a human who he could almost barely recognize from a photo of Althalos': it was Mark Vargas! Althalos had told Nick some about the man too, and he was curious to learn more about the man in person, but that wasn't about to happen with so many pokemon in the area, so instead, he just nodded at Alec and waited for Herodes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back