• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taillow...I Mean *Hello :)

Aelidru

Forebearer of Disasters
    Years
    So Clearly I'm no good at Puns. Even Magikarp didn't flop as much as I did >_>

Anywho, awkward humour aside, I suppose you first want to know how to pronounce my Name, as it is pretty odd. I mean it's not my real name unfortunately :p, but nevertheless it's Pronounced [Ay-L-E-Drew/Dru].

It's a mouthful for such a short name, but it works for me.

As for me, I've been into Pokemon for quite a while, as nearly all, if not all of you have been to some extent or degree, probably not as long as some of you, but I'd wager in my head I have been lol :P

As you can probably guess, I have a slight fondness for Absol.^^ I always have since my very first playthrough of Emerald, as I'm sure other's have as well. But something about the Stoic "Hero" Pokemon, who more often then not is vilified ironically, just appealed to me.

My very next favourite would have to be Shaymin, if anyone was wondering, just for the fact that it's a Grass Type, which are my Favourite type, and because it is the most Modest of all the Legendary Pokemon. I mean, does Legendary always have to mean 50feet tall?

I currently do not have a console to play Pokemon on(my last being a DSi and Pokemon Platinum & Soulsilver), however, and I know it's against the rules so I'll mention it very briefly(please remove if it isn't brief enough), I do play the Roms of the games I have through an Emulator.

There, hopefully that didn't cause like 1000infractions on my first post :(

Also, veining from that topic, while not educated officially through a school, I do(as probably many of you and gamers in general tend to) have some knowledge in using Engines such as UnReal Engine3 and CryEngine and such, and so I tend to mess around a lot with PokeRoms(dang I mentioned it again >:( ) and do a bit of mapping here and there, along with integrating my hobby into it, which is Music.

Anyway, lest I get myself explosively reprimanded, I'm going to end this little biography now :P

I hope to settle in well and make some acquaintances.
    Forgive me if I post too much, I tend to like to break things down... It's probably annoying :pink_laugh:

...I really like this Font :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I just got an Absol from wonder trade just now. Haven't check its stats or abilities yet because I stumbled upon your thread while I was doing that. xD Welcome to the forums, btw!

No bio is little or big, actually! I love reading them, and you should be grateful that you joined this amazing community. It's wonderful. Also, it's okay to talk about roms and emulators, as we have a section for that. The only no-no is linking to download the roms, which is a community-wide rule here. I mean, I used to be big on playing ROMs for nostalgia purposes, but with the 6th gen around, I haven't gone back. There's so many new mechanics of the 6th gen that needs to be tried out.

Everything for you is going to be great! The community is big, yeah, but you can always try out new things around here, like visiting the older generation gaming sections which contain discussions of the older games. :) Then we have discussions from the anime and the TCG, as well as even off-topic sections too. Those are there for you to get to know other members, so check that out if you have the chance. :)

Anyways, enjoy your stay here at PC, yeah? Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns <3

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Hey their it's nice to meet you! Everyone here ranges in the fondness for pokemon, it doesn't matter if you're the biggest fan or the smallest we will welcome you with open arms! Some more than others maybe but you will always be treated like family here!

As for your love for Absol I too am quite fond of Absol but more because of the fact it's a dark type and dark types are my favourite! Also Emerald happens to be the holy grail of pokemon games in my eyes. :p

If you ever need any help finding roms or anything please feel free to give me a PM.

I hope you will be with us forever and ever, Or aslong as you like pokemon! :D

P.S: I'm Adam! :d

Aelidru

Forebearer of Disasters
    Years
    I just got an Absol from wonder trade just now. Haven't check its stats or abilities yet because I stumbled upon your thread while I was doing that. xD Welcome to the forums, btw!

No bio is little or big, actually! I love reading them, and you should be grateful that you joined this amazing community. It's wonderful. Also, it's okay to talk about roms and emulators, as we have a section for that. The only no-no is linking to download the roms, which is a community-wide rule here. I mean, I used to be big on playing ROMs for nostalgia purposes, but with the 6th gen around, I haven't gone back. There's so many new mechanics of the 6th gen that needs to be tried out.

Everything for you is going to be great! The community is big, yeah, but you can always try out new things around here, like visiting the older generation gaming sections which contain discussions of the older games. :) Then we have discussions from the anime and the TCG, as well as even off-topic sections too. Those are there for you to get to know other members, so check that out if you have the chance. :)

Anyways, enjoy your stay here at PC, yeah? Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns <3

Oh ok. I figured I wouldn't get "Explosively Reprimanded", so much as I was making a pun...atleast that's my excuse >_> lol

But thank you for the welcome, it was well received {:3} and Hopefully his stats are amazing, even with my interruption. Although it seems like it was meant to be! lol

I actually have never played past Pkmn White, be it Rom or no, I've never gotten around to it lol, as unfortunately Pokemon isn't my Sole interest, however, I might have to see what the fuss is about {D:} . But I do have a preference for the older games, probably because they are less...everything? So I might just have to take you up on that :p .

Just hope everyone can get my Humour... it does tend to have a quick expiry date ~_~

Hey their it's nice to meet you! Everyone here ranges in the fondness for pokemon, it doesn't matter if you're the biggest fan or the smallest we will welcome you with open arms! Some more than others maybe but you will always be treated like family here!

As for your love for Absol I too am quite fond of Absol but more because of the fact it's a dark type and dark types are my favourite! Also Emerald happens to be the holy grail of pokemon games in my eyes. :p

If you ever need any help finding roms or anything please feel free to give me a PM.

I hope you will be with us forever and ever, Or aslong as you like pokemon! :D

P.S: I'm Adam! :d

Ha! You didn't even have to tell me your name, because like Absol, I already foresaw it... or perhaps it was your Title...or Signature... Hmm, perhaps I'm just observant... and here I thought I really had powers ;-;

But eitherway, nice to meet you Adam. Always glad to have a fellow Absol-fan...atic. Oh just me? {XD}

Dark Types are so.... Dark, I'm not sure if there ever was a good one come to think of it. But I agree, Absol's dark nature is what makes him, him. So I guess Dark Types aren't too bad :P

Emerald I think was like the "Foundation" all the newer games built off of, from a technical point of view, so in essence, it's pretty much the Holy Grail and the entire Round Table lol.

I'll try to be here forever, but unfortunately my body needs sleep, which I think gets in the way sometimes, but I'll give it a go {:3}

Thanks for the Welcome Adam

Years
    And hi to you too! Welcome to the forums, Aelidru! Love the name btw.

So, an Absol fan? I think it's one of my personal faves from the 3rd Generation as well. It got an awesome-looking Mega Evolution and I'm so proud of my female Super Luck Absol with maxed Pokemon Amie affection that I'm training for a bit on Pokemon X right now. She crits almost every single time which is just so awesome.

As Minerva said, there's so much you can discuss here it's not even a joke. There's loads of great sections about Pokemon so check them out when you can, even when you don't have the newest games right now. And there's so many awesome members you can meet as well, and hey I'm always open for a chat so leave me a visitor message and contact a staff member if you have questions.

Have fun and I'll see you!

- Hikamaru

Back