• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Takin' on the Leauge

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    From all the pokemon games, or in this case, even from Gens 1-5, the players generally would have to go through the 8-badge trials. After which, they finally get to go through the victory road, on to the Elite Four, and finally the Champion!

Gen 1: Lorelei, Bruno, Agitha, Lance & Blue

Gen 2: Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen & Lance

Gen 3: Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake & Steven/Wallace

Gen 4: Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Cynthia

Gen 5: Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlyn, Marshal, Alder/Iris

Gen 6: Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Diantha

Now for the questions; you don't have to copy this word for word, but rather, its recommended that you try and answer in your own words, or they can just serve to organize your thoughts. :3

Which of these Pokemon Leauge members from the Gens are your favourite to battle against? Which Champion from these gens was your favourite to battle against? Which ones are the most challenging? Which ones were the easiest for you?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Fave E4: Aaron, as I am a bug 'poke fanatic.
    Easiest: Tie between Koga and Bruno
    Most challenging E4: Lance and Agatha, hands down.
    Champion: Cynthia

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
    i always enjoy battling the dragon typed elites, though i have a soft spot for gen 3. my favorite champion would be Steven, because he's just awesome and can be pretty hard depending on what you are using. the easiest elite would be sydney, or bruno. dark and fighting are way to easy to destroy.

Years
    I think Marshal is still my favorite Elite Four member, as he's one that you see a bit even outside of the Elite Four (like in B2W2 when he appears on Twist Mountain, and BW when you see him in Victory Road before you battle Cheren). That and his Fighting-type Pokémon are quite strong. I would say most Elite Four members are generally easy, but Lucian is one of the harder ones, for sure, because his team is full of either fast or bulky Pokémon. You need proper strategy to best him, since he has Fighting-type attacks on him and the like.

Although Cynthia is my favorite Champion, Iris on Challenge Mode is close behind. The former I don't think I need to discuss, but the latter is very fun for me as she uses Pokémon I really like packed with extremely strong STAB moves (that Salamence in the rematch...).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite Elite Four member to battle against would likely have to be Sidney from Hoenn League.

When I had first faced off against this person, I've had Blaziken on my team. His Pokémon were mainly dark, which are super-effective against fighting-type attacks; Blaziken's move-set was full of them. Thanks to that, I was able to get through Sidney rather quick, and I found it to be pretty amusing to be sweeping him without any sort of trouble at all.

My least favorite Elite Four will always be Lance. I'm a huge fan of his character, but when it comes to battling against this guy, thanks are honestly very difficult. His team had consisted of dragon-types, all of whom were well-trained with good move-sets and whatnot. To him, I've lost about four to five times in total on Pokémon Blue version. On FireRed, it was even more, haha.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    My favorite Champ to battle against was Lance. The battle music they had was amazing and it was a good battle against his pokemon. I didn't win too easily, but he wasn't slaying all my pokemon either.
    The hardest Champ for me was Cynthia >_> I had to restart about 6-7 times before I actually beat her. My team was underleveled and that darn Spirtomb was a pain in the rear. I remember using so many revives and potions that day >:(
    The easiest champ was Diantha. No challenge at all; my team wiped her out easily. As an added, I didn't like her battle music.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Favorite Elite Four: Either Lorelei or Lance. I like them both as characters, and the former provided a nice challenge, while the latter had cool Pokémon and was a nice source of EXP for my many BoltBeam attackers.

Favorite Champion: Blue. Provided a real challenge and had a kickass theme, to boot. He felt like a true Champion battle.

Easiest Elite Four: Tie between Bruno and Will. Why in the WORLD did they keep this joke instead of Lorelei, and WHY did they replace her with some loser in a stupid mask? My (pre-Gen 4) elemental punching Alakazam laughs at both of them. And, really, what serious, high-level trainer puts a Pokémon like ONIX on their team? Bruno might as well have thrown a L50 Geodude at us. I get using your favorites, but COME ON!

Nakala Pri

I know I'm about to challenge the 3rd gen league so I shouldn't be answering this until then... but what the hell.

Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlyn, Marshal, Alder/Iris! 8D

Their designs were awesome, their Pokemon were great and the rooms where they were introduced was epic. I really wanted to make Hilda snuggle in Caitlyn's bed. :( Such a shame....

Do you know what the funny thing is?

I NEVER DEFEATED ALDER

I got through the league but I was disturbed by Ghetsis and I defeated him and all that codswallop then I completed the game and theeeeeeeeen, well... I thought that Ghetsis was the champion so I never bothered. XD

Years
    Favorite Elite Four: Definitely has to be the bunch from Unova, they all have good designs and very strong Pokemon that only get even more tough in B2/W2's Challenge Mode. I also love the designs of their respective rooms, which fit in with their designs' respective motifs well.

Favorite Champion: Iris, I kinda love how she's a young girl who goes from a tough Dragon Gym Leader to the Unova Champion. Her dress that she wears in her Champion design is really beautiful, and I also have to give her credit for having her Haxorus hold a Focus Sash in her Champion battles because it makes you have to be a bit more strategic.

Easiest Elite Four: If we're talking individual members, it's probably Will and Sidney. Their teams have a lot of common weaknesses that can be easily exploited, such as Fighting and Fairy able to destroy Sidney's team easily, while Will gets taken out easily by Dark and Ghost. Their secondary types create even more exploitable weaknesses, so I often found those two so easy. Malva as well, since Water-types completely obliterate her whole team and trust me, if your starter was Greninja she's a total joke. At least she uses cool Pokemon though.

Most Challenging Elite Four: Wikstrom of Kalos' Elite Four, especially his Probopass because it has that annoying Sturdy ability and a moveset that provides almost near-perfect coverage (his moveset consists of Rock, Steel, Ground and Electric which can actually cover a lot). I like have to always get strategic against that thing.

Years
    Favourite E4
    Definitely the Elite Four of Unova. The type combination, their design (Especially Shauntal, I can't even explain why but I like her design a lot), their theme and of course their rooms, which were amazing and really gave you this "oh **** it's happening" feeling, at least to me. I really liked the idea of challenging them in the order you preferred, too.

Favourite member
    Definitely Koga. Poison types are among my favourites and I've always liked the idea of him becoming a member of the Elite Four after being a Gym Leader, and leaving his Gym to Janine. Also, he's a ninja, who doesn't like ninjas.

Favourite Champion
    As a character, probably Alder. He's developed differently from the previous Champions, he teaches young trainers what's important in their journeys, and he doesn't simply stalk the main character because "why not?" (the others always gave me this feeling. Especially Steven and Cynthia). He keeps teaching to trainers even after his "reign" is over, and he as a lovely theme (the one you hear when you meet him in the overworld, not the battle theme).
    As far of battle, Cynthia has the team I like the most.

Easiest E4
    Probably Will. I swept his whole team with a single Sneasel (not even Weavile) without problems. He has poor coverage, and weaknesses that are fairly easy to cover. Bruno is a close second, Fighting types are cool and all, but I'm still wondering why he has Onix in his team, and he wasn't too big of a deal anyway.

Hardest E4
    Lucian and Marshal. Lucian has the dreaded Bronzong, I hate facing those things, no matter who's using them, they're just too bulky for my taste. And his team has some fast, hard-hitting pokèmon to boot. Marshal was a real nightmare for me during my first playthrough of White, I didn't have anything that could handle the Fighting types, so his Mienshao kept wiping my whole team with Jump Kick, especially since there were other pokèmon before and after him. I'm still having nightmares about Mienshao and Jump Kick. He never, ever missed and crashed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    FavE4: Only members that have really stuck out to me are Karen and Caitlin. I loved Karen's team even if they weren't all dark types, they just had a great theme to them that flowed. Not to mention I thought she was badass. It's hard to explain why I like Caitlin so much as I really hate her choice in Pokemon. But she also had her big battle debut in a generation full of Pokemon I didn't like so not much I can do.

FavChampion: Fav champion to battle would have to be Cynthia. I find her challenging yet not overkill. For example Lance was complete overkill if you didn't level your team unbearably high or have a dragon/ice type with you. My favorite champion altogether would have to be Steven though.

Most Challenging: For champions I would have to say Lance, Steven, and Cynthia all posed a challenge. Enough so that I would plan out a member of my team in the beginning of the game to face their toughest Pokemon. I think the elite four members vary a lot depending on what your end team is, but overall I think Lucian is the hardest member. Sometimes I really dreaded facing him over Cynthia because of his stupid Bronzong

Easiest: Diantha is by far the easiest Champion. I don't think she really has a bad team, I was just so over leveled by the time I got to her. I found Wallace really easy too. Basically just mowed him over with grass&electric. As for Elite four the Kalos Elite four was a walk in the park. They really shouldn't have been limited to four Pokemon each for starters...

Back