• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't Touch Me With That Needle!

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't touch me with that needle!

• I have/Want Tattoos

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I have/Want Piercings

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I have both

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Don't touch me with that needle!

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • itt nick is a masochist.

Anyway, I've never had my ears (or anywhere) pierced, nor do I have any tattoos. On piercings, I have no problem with them but it's just never interested me. I know I'd never remember to wear earrings and the holes would close up so that's out. And I have no interest in getting other parts pierced. :P I'd be terrified of weird infections in my nose/lip/eyebrow area and I've already got a big scar on my belly button so drawing attention there would just be ick. xD;

As for tattoos... honestly, sometimes I think about getting a tattoo. I imagine it would be Pokémon related (and at that, likely something harmless like a pokéball, though I'd probably end up going with Cherrim). I've thought about it a lot over the years because I like art and I see tattoos/body art as just an extension of that but... I don't even use stickers when I get them because I'm terrified that a month or so down the line, I won't like where I put the sticker. If I'm that fickle about something that can be removed without much hassle, I just don't trust myself to permanently ink my body, even in an out-of-the-way place like my ankle or something. :P

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have my ears pierced and I used to have my nose pierced, but it fell out and it hurt too bad to put back in so it closed. However, if you look at my left nostril, you can still see where the hole used to be :P I kinda miss it. I also tinkered with the idea of getting my belly button pierced but that hasn't happened yet.

As for tattoos? When I turned 18 I went through the "OMG I'M LEGAL, I CAN GET A TATTOO I WANT ONE. I WANT ONE NOW." and went through a list of stuff I wanted and now I'm glad I let myself get over that phase before I went and got one haha. I don't think I would get one anytime soon since it's always on you. I most likely won't get one but hey, never say never.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • As for tattoos? When I turned 18 I went through the "OMG I'M LEGAL, I CAN GET A TATTOO I WANT ONE. I WANT ONE NOW." and went through a list of stuff I wanted and now I'm glad I let myself get over that phase before I went and got one haha. I don't think I would get one anytime soon since it's always on you. I most likely won't get one but hey, never say never.
    I've heard the best way to decide whether or not to get a tattoo is to keep the exact tattoo you want in your head for a whole year before you go through with it. If you still want it by the time that year is up, go ahead, but if you're still iffy, it's probably not worth it. :D

Years
  • I have a phobia of this kind of things, I don't know why but even seeing people with earrings makes me shudder. That phobia includes getting poked with a needle for vaccination btw. Get these things away from me.

Years
  • DO you have tattoos?
    Not, but I wan't to have one someday.

DO you have piercings?
    Not. Painful thing, it will disturb me only in future.

DO you hate needles?

I ain't masochist, without exaggeration ;f

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Do you have tattoos?
    Getting one in a few weeks, but I am currently clean.

Do you have piercings?
    No.

Do you hate needles?
    Nope. Don't mind them at all.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    itt nick is a masochist.
    HDU! I am not a masochist!!

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't Touch Me With That Needle!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The only needles I'll ever let go near me are injection needles. I have a dislike for having to get my ears pierced. My mom is trying to get my ear pierced and thanks but no thanks I'd live without them.

Tattoos I don't mind, just I prefer the temporary ones Xd

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Do you have tattoos?
    As of right now, I have no tattoos. There are a lot of tattoos I have planned out in my head, but I haven't gotten any yet because I am a dance minor and if I ever get into a ballet company they won't allow me to have tattoos. I have a lot of ideas but the ones I want definitely are:

~A pentagram with fairy wings on my back
    ~A crescent moon on both hands

Do you have piercings?
    I have a nose piercing I got after I graduated high school. I love it and everyone says it looks good on me. I may also want a labret or lip ring, but again it depends on if I get a career as a dancer. And if my girlfriend lets me :P

Do you hate needles?
    I don't have a fear of needles, no. But I tend to get faint when I get blood taken because I have low blood pressure.

How do you think society views those with either?
    I think it is becoming more accepted. I have professors that have obvious tattoos. And I have seen a lot of people who work in retail that have either tattoos or piercings.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • DO you have tattoos?
    No. If I did, they would probably wreak havoc on my sensitive skin and cause my allergies to flare up.

DO you have piercings?
    No. It looks like it would be very painful and I have a low pain tolerance.

DO you hate needles?
    Yes. See low pain tolerance comment. Oddly enough, I almost always watch the needle go in. If I'm going to get stung by it, I want to see it and not let it catch me by surprise.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't have any tattoos or piercings, but I've considered both seriously. I want one or the other, and I personally think that getting both my ears pierced first would be more logical than diving in with a tattoo. A piercing I have a huge window to remove/abandon, and even once they're pierced it's literally invisible.

Still, there's a certain love to a tattoo, and getting a tattoo would be great! ...If I could only settle on an image I think I could tolerate. I haven't found one yet, and I refuse to get a garden variety tattoo that you can pick out of pretty much any tattoo parlor's book of images. If I get a tattoo it will be in an out of way place like my ankles. I don't think I'd enjoy a tattoo on my back, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it enough.

I know overall I want both pierced ears and tattoos, but I'm taking it a step at a time. I also know that if I get one tattoo, I'll probably desire another one later on, but it doesn't matter. I simply wont force myself into a tattoo if I feel a shred of doubt. I'll sit on it good and long before I even inquire into how possible my desired image in the desired location will be. That's just how I am because once I do inquire, I won't stop myself from getting exactly what I'm asking for if I can get it. I already have knowledge of a good tattoo artist here in the town where my college is.

As far as the needles go, I don't have what I'd consider a FEAR of them, but I have a typical aversion to them. I don't like them out of respect. Hypodermic needles are...not something I trust an untrained hand, or even an unsteady but trained hand, with, I'm sure that once I get tattooed, that aversion will be less powerful, and to be honest, the only thing I seriously hate about needles is getting shots. The intense pain of a needle penetrating my muscle is not something I find pleasant, expecting intense pain sucks, and a tattoo needle doesn't penetrate that deeply...neither does a piercing needle for ears. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have no intentions of getting tattoos or piercings because I don't want to risk infections. Plus, they hurt when you get them.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Do you have tattoos?

No I don't have a tattoo. Sometimes I think about getting a tattoo but other times I don't think of getting one at all. I don't know if I'll bother with getting a tattoo.

Do you have piercings?

I don't have piercings either but I would like to get a small one on whatever ear. There would be a better chance of me getting an ear piercing then a tattoo.

Do you hate needles?

No I don't. While they are a tad bit scary, I'm not put off by them.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

• This picture. I'm dying. I can't

I want a nice big tattoo on my right arm. I wouldn't get my body covered with it ever. Just one at least.

And piercings, I want my ears pierced and snakebites and a brow piercing would be neat

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I have no problems with needles. Not scared. They don't even hurt that much- well, from my experiences anyway. I have two piercings each ear and a belly button piercing. I would like to get a tattoo soon.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Pointless. Very, very pointless.

Its all subjective, but I think that even when artistic, unless the one who got it has someone like a significant other who will enjoy it, its often more annoying than anything. I believe its seen as cool because its seen as a bad thing to do according to authority figures when you're younger.

That about sums it up. I don't feel strongly at all about it, but there's my opinion.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Love them. Absolutely love them. I agree, they're artistic, as long as their original and/or meaningful.

I want one so bad. I want something meaningful, that can tie to multiple parts of my life. I don't want any of that cliche Japanese/Chinese tattoos. Those suck. I want to design my own, I want it to be meaningful.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    They're against my religion, but what other people choose to do with their own bodies is none of mine nor the government's business.

Years
  • I don't have anything against tattoo's. I just don't like when people go all out and cover their arms, backs, and chest with them. There's a limit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back