• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't Touch Me With That Needle!

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't touch me with that needle!

• I have/Want Tattoos

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I have/Want Piercings

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I have both

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Don't touch me with that needle!

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So which are you?
    Since the general age group for this site seems to be late teens early twenties I was curious..

DO you have tattoos?
    Do you want any and what are they?

DO you have piercings?

DO you hate needles?
    Whats your opinion on the above?
    Why do you hate needles?

How do you think society views those with either?

--

I have 3 tattoos
    Tribal Sleeve/chest Left side

Tiger on my right arm

'Everything Happens for a reason' In chinese down my ribs

I also have 6 piercings, Used to be 9..

Tongue, Lip, 8mm Tunnel in each ear and a 6mm tunnel on my left ear aswell, Nipple
    Used to have 2 micro dermals in my wrist but they got caught on seperate occasions and ripped out, Also used to have a 2nd tongue piercing but I jsut got bored with it ..

Also to break stereotypes I am a law student currently on a gap year living in Cyprus with a history of vonluntary work in my local community.
    Perosnally I want to break the stereotype, I like the various body modifications I have and still want to play a prominent role in society
    Needless to say you stand out when you're 6'3" with both these things and purple flashes in your hair =P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Piercings and tattoos I didn't like them, never will. I don't judge people with piercings and tattoos though. I have an older friend who had a piercing through his tongue. He was a kind fellow, very helpful and thoughtful about kids.

Needles? I don't like needles. Especially big ones. *shrug*

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Aint got no tattoos. I dunno if I would ever get one, just cause it's there forever. I'd really have to think long about what I'd want.

As for piercings, I've gotten my ears pierced a total of 4 times but I now only have my one cartilage ring on my right ear. The other 3 piercings were my left earlobe lol and I've taken out the earrings there.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I did want a Tattoo once, but after watching several things and looking at other pictures of them. I've decided against it. However, I do have 2 piercings. (I'm not sure if ear piercings count).

I don't care what society thinks about it. I think Piercings and Tattoos are just another way of expressing ones self.

And No, I don't hate needles, but I am a little bit afraid of them.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't have any tattoos, but I'd like to get at least one. I'm trying to be as smart as I can about it though - looking up everything that I can about how it all works and the aftereffects and stuff and tbh nothing much has really turned me away from it.

No, I don't have piercings, and I'm not interested in any.

Indifferent to needles. I guess it depends on where they're poking.

Years
    Piercings and tattoos I didn't like them, never will. I don't judge people with piercings and tattoos though. I have an older friend who had a piercing through his tongue. He was a kind fellow, very helpful and thoughtful about kids.

Needles? I don't like needles. Especially big ones. *shrug*

I never understood the problem with needles, clearly lol, I mean for medical reasons alone the help they provide thorugh vaccinations so I always found it hard to fully comprehend peoples fears of them I mean sure they're a bit daunting to look at but the knife you eat your meal with could probably do jsut as much if not more damage D=

Aint got no tattoos. I dunno if I would ever get one, just cause it's there forever. I'd really have to think long about what I'd want.

As for piercings, I've gotten my ears pierced a total of 4 times but I now only have my one cartilage ring on my right ear. The other 3 piercings were my left earlobe lol and I've taken out the earrings there.

I agree to an extent, I would never get a tattoo on total impulse, Not to say I'm against novel tattoos, For example I would probably get pacman chasing a cherry with a ghost chasing pacman round my ankle, In fact I almost did on impulse But then got distracted by somethign shiny =\

I did want a Tattoo once, but after watching several things and looking at other pictures of them. I've decided against it. However, I do have 2 piercings. (I'm not sure if ear piercings count).

I don't care what society thinks about it. I think Piercings and Tattoos are just another way of expressing ones self.

And No, I don't hate needles, but I am a little bit afraid of them.

What did you see that turned you off them?
    Ears count, Well i count all 3 of them anyway :3

See I agree and as far as I can tell most 'Modern' people don't have a problem wtih people embracing individuality, However there is still that negative aspect, For example I will happily walk around in a vest showing off mine but in a job itnerview I will suit up and make sure they're covered and switch my tunnels for plugs..

I don't have any tattoos, but I'd like to get at least one. I'm trying to be as smart as I can about it though - looking up everything that I can about how it all works and the aftereffects and stuff and tbh nothing much has really turned me away from it.

No, I don't have piercings, and I'm not interested in any.

Indifferent to needles. I guess it depends on where they're poking.

Nowadays there isn't many negative aspects of tattoos, Parlours are clean the inks, amterials etc used are all quality tested the only thing you have to remember is that it is kind of permanent, having said that I know someone who had an average sized bird tattoo on her hip and she had it lasered off and nwo it's not noticable in the lsightest, barely even a scar, She did say it was far more painful than getting the tattoo itself though..

The only time I have ever really hated needles was watching One of the saw films where one of the women is thrown in to a pit of syringes, But I think that's an understandabley shiver inducing thing lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No tattoos or piercings for me. I don't think it would suit me and it's not really my style.

I can appreciate them on others. I used to be a hater of piercings, but I've since been converted after seeing a few of my friends manage to pull them off well. In comparison one of my other friends got a pin up girl tattoo on his leg and it's incredibly tacky, added to that he has the looks of a child so it just doesn't suit him at all. It varies from person to person, sometimes they suit you, sometimes they don't.

Society's view on them is improving I think, at least in the area I live in. Quite a large number of people have one or both of them here, and they're not all considered "white trash", there really is no stereotype that comes with it where I live.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    DO you have tattoos?
    No
    No

DO you have piercings?
    No
    Yes, Ear and lip

DO you hate needles?
    Why do you hate needles?

No clue and could care less what they think because its my body not theres.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    All I can say is ew. I don't want/need tattoos or piercings so I can look cool. They look horrible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    So which are you?
    Since the general age group for this site seems to be late teens early twenties I was curious..

"DO you have tattoos?
    Do you want any and what are they?"

No I don't have tattoos. No I don't want any.

"DO you have piercings?
    Do you want any and what are they?"

No I don't have piercings. No I don't want any.

"DO you hate needles?
    Why do you hate needles?"

It doesn't make much sense to me to hate something inanimate that has a variety of uses. Needles can be used to hurt or heal, so I'm neutral about them. It's their use that matters to me.

"How do you think society views those with either?"

It depends entirely on who you ask. Some don't care about them, some do. I think there's such a wide spectrum of opinions on them that there is no general society opinion.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Piercings and tattoos don't really interest me. Even if they were non-permanent, I'm not sure I'd get them anyway: just don't appeal to me at all. Needles, I'm fine with: although a fair number of my friends literally faint at the sight of them, so no tattoos for them! (Although one of them nearly had a panic attack when she was getting her ears pierced.)

With regards to society's view on them: piercings seem to be fine if they fit within the realms of 'normality' (i.e. one in each ear, nothing else); tattoos seem to operate on a 'don't ask don't tell' policy, as long as they're covered up. I'd never be able to get a job if I had an exposed tattoo. I don't necessarily view people differently if I see them with tattoos or piercings: often they can look quite nice, but even if they don't, it's their body and I shouldn't be the one imposing my views on it.

Years
    DO you have tattoos? No.
    Do you want any and what are they? I actually do want a tattoo one day, but I haven't really thought of what type of design.

DO you have piercings? No.
    Do you want any and what are they? No.

DO you hate needles? Yes.

How do you think society views those with either? Doesn't matter. It's your decision to get a tattoo or piercing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    While I know for a fact that I'd like to get my ears pierced (I wish I had them pierced when I was younger), I don't know if I can see myself getting a tattoo. That, to me, seems a little too final.

Where-as, you can just take an earring out and most people would never really notice that you have them pierced. It's a lot less final than getting a tattoo. I think body art like that can be nice if the design is appealing. I know I've seen some tattoos that I find really awesome looking, but for the most part I find most of them ugly. Thinking about it, I think I can see myself getting one or two tattoos later down the road, but I'm such a fickle person, I get the impression that I'd instantly regret it the next day.

But I love getting shots when I go to the doctors! I really don't know why so I can't really give a good explanation for why I feel that way. Something about it just feels good, I guess. I like the feeling of the needle piercing my arm. I love the stinging sensation when it's injected into my arm the most, though! And the numbness after I have the shot is something I enjoy as well. I don't know if that makes me somewhat sadistic, though, lmao. I'm getting excited thinking about it... I do know the doctors give me weird looks when I tell them that I like getting shots. But, on the other hand, if I have to prick my finger with a needle, that is not something I want to do. So as long as it doesn't involve piercing the skin on my fingers or hands, I have absolutely no problem with needles.

Society's view on them? I always thought society considered it acceptable to have tattoos and piercings. Most people I know tend to have them around here. But I do know that society seems to shun away, while drawing a natural curiosity, to anything outside the norm. Like being covered in tattoos and piercings... I really dislike society as a whole when it comes to accepting people, however, and -- much like yourself -- enjoy breaking those stereotypes whenever I get the chance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have two piercings on each earlobe, and my left cartilage and nostril pierced. Would I get more? Totally. I'm done with facial piercings but I would absolutely get more ear piercings (I'm planning to get an industrial, more cartilage piercings, and possibly a third earlobe piercing done once I get the funds).

As for tattoos, I don't have any. Not to say I would never get a tattoo - I'm completely open to it, but very torn about it. I personally really like tattoos; they can be very pretty and meaningful. However... it's on your body forever. And I'm the kind of person who changes her mind very easily so I'm very afraid that if I ever got a tattoo, I would tire of it quickly. It's a big decision for me so I don't think I'd be getting one anytime soon.

I don't mind needles, actually. I've never been one to get scared when I go to the doctor or when I go to get piercings done. A tattoo needle might scare me a bit, though, because it's more continuous as opposed to a slight poke and some stinging from a shot.

I always felt it was pretty acceptable to have tattoos and piercings. However, there's still definitely a time and place to show off your piercings and tattoos. I know that if I had a tattoo, especially since I'm planning to go into teaching, I'd get one somewhere I can cover up really easily. I only have a nose stud which I've never had problems with in terms of my job but if I had say, a lip piercing, I'd take it out for work or interviews and such. I wouldn't wear my nose ring for work but replace it with the stud, which is a lot more socially acceptable at work and such.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I wouldn't touch tattoos, not because I'm afraid of needles since I'm not, but because they are irreversible without paying out a lot of money. I wouldn't like a piercing myself, although maybe I would have when I was younger and it's a little late now for me, but I see why people do have them and I don't have a problem with them at all.

I suppose I can see why people would like tattoos too, really, I just think they all too often end up as a bluish-green mess. And despite that I have seen them used really well before so idk. Just not my thing I guess.

As for the whole society and tattoos and piercings thing, I don't understand the problem. What someone wants to do with their own body is up to them and it's not as if anyone's really offended or harmed by them so I truly don't understand this.

Akita

Returned
    Years
    Do you have tattoos? No.
    Do you want any and what are they? I'd like to get a spread eagle across my back (bald eagle; kinda patriotic). My uncle has a beautiful tattoo like that, & I'd like one myself. Plus, it's easy to cover up if needed.

Do you have piercings? Uh-huh.
    Do you want any and what are they? I'd like to get my ears pierced, but I don't know yet. I do have snake-bites & a tongue stud.

Do you hate needles? I used to, but now they don't really bother me.

I don't know about society, but they're not uncommon where I live. No-one really seems to care.

Years
    I just have my ears pierced. Don't plan on getting any tattoos or other piercings. I like my body the way it is right now. As for needles, as long as they aren't too big, it's no big deal. I get nervous before a shot but it's not really painful.

The amazing thing about my ears: they don't heal over at all. Seriously, I didn't wear earrings at all for 14 or so years, and then one night my sister said "TRY THESE" and they went right in. I still can wear earrings with no issue even if I don't for months at a time. o_o I probably got my ears pierced with a gun...

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    DO you have tattoos?
    Nope, they look scary. :P

DO you have piercings?
    I have my ears pierced, and I am not planning to get any more piercing.

DO you hate needles?
    OMGG I am hate them soooo much. I'm sooooo scared of them. >m<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back