• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Team Flare Discussion and Speculation

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Team Flare Discussion and Speculation

This room they are in, reminds me of the lab they had the lake trio in, in Gen 4.
    I've also notice everyone mentioning Cyrus due to ideal ''beautiful worlds'' and such.

I know they probably do go grab the legendaries, but it would be nice if they actually did the evil scheme without involving Legendary Pokémon.

Years
    I'm loving the way Team Flare is being presented. I haven't seen too many of the screenshots showcasing them, but by the looks of it they seem like a long lasting villanous team.

I have a feeling that Team Flare will have two leaders who share that role as leadership: Xerosic and maybe another who starts with Y. Heck it'd be awesome to see a secret, hidden "true" leader whose name begins with a Z. Now that's a wrap.

Xerosic seems to be more like the right hand of a boss rather than a boss

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I have this niffy feeling I can't shake, why would Gamefreak throw us the entire squad of the main Team Flare right in front of our eyes? It makes me think that there is another villian team other than Team Flare. Well, it's just a feeling and maybe i'm just overanalyzing this.

Anyways, I believe those two cubes are related to Mewtwo X and Y stones or Mewtwo themselves, however it could also be entirely different.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I have this niffy feeling I can't shake, why would Gamefreak throw us the entire squad of the main Team Flare right in front of our eyes? It makes me think that there is another villian team other than Team Flare. Well, it's just a feeling and maybe i'm just overanalyzing this.

Anyways, I believe those two cubes are related to Mewtwo X and Y stones or Mewtwo themselves, however it could also be entirely different.
    It's rumored that Team Flare was the one who created the Mewtwo from the recent movie...so it's possible they have something to do with it...or maybe there'll be another Genesect like legend created by the evil team.

Years
    The fact that Sycamore is a proffesor and seems to have deign that remind me team Flare style make me think that mabye he was in the past(or still secretly now) working for team Flare.
    What do you think?

Years
    They could be joint leaders? The woman in White along with Xerosic, it's never been done before but it could work..

I want that to happen.As I said earlier they could fight the player in a double battle for the final battle which is very different from before. Or if they aren't co have the lady be the boss and Xerosic second in command, followed by the four female scientists, and finally the grunts.

Do you guys think they may create non-Pokémon enemies? Sort of like the movie enemies in B2W2.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They seem to have taken a female-esque approach to the Antagonist for this generation which I like. They seem like a fashionable bunch and want to create a beautiful world, so it seems rather fitting to have a team consisting of primarily females.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Four women and a really scary man. Seriously, the dude could give someone nightmares.

Team Flare just ooze style, I love how their commanders have been designed each with their own individual colour and style. I'm definitely sure that Team Flare is my favourite antagonist of all

I have to say, Team Flare has to be the best villain team since Team Rocket. I love the style, the designs, everything about them is spectacular. But my thoughts about their goals are the same as they've been since Gen 3:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Is that meme suppose to mean that you don't see their plans as evil?
    Sure they aren't evil but misguided...so much so Magma, Aqua, and old Plasma. With the most recent true evil being Ghetsis...Cyrus was crazy...funny enough Ghetsis became the crazy one lol.

I think they may be miss guided extremists yet again...

Years
    I have to say, Team Flare has to be the best villain team since Team Rocket. I love the style, the designs, everything about them is spectacular. But my thoughts about their goals are the same as they've been since Gen 3:
    Spoiler:

I personally disagree. Cyrus and the new team plasama did fit the villians theme and was dangerous.
    And beside, the fact that they have evil goal doesn't make them a good villians, team rocket for example was very boring(even though I did like their design and methods) and they were evil

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Because Kalos is based on France, we have bootiques and salons and a pokemon that can be groomed....

"Beautiful" just means beautiful.
    i mean, they are probably thinking the whole world is dressed ugly or something, and im sure they will give fashion advice if you beat them.

I really don't dig into this plot so much...the evil team is basically the freakin FASHION POLICE.

The dude just looks horrible and really doesnt fit into the team flare picture. They want to make a beautiful world but their leader is fat and replusive? I can now see the irony.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    Because Kalos is based on France, we have bootiques and salons and a pokemon that can be groomed....

i mean, they are probably thinking the whole world is dressed ugly or something, and im sure they will give fashion advice if you beat them.

I really don't dig into this plot so much...the evil team is basically the freakin FASHION POLICE.

The dude just looks horrible and really doesnt fit into the team flare picture. They want to make a beautiful world but their leader is fat and replusive? I can now see the irony.

Antagonists aren't designed to be pretty, and we don't even know if he is the true leader. :/

Years

That would be really lame...however if that's their goal...they should go to Unova and arrest Team Plasma (old one mostly) as well as Sinnoh to arrest Team Galactic...

I don't think he's replusive...
    I really think it's deeper than just fashion police

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    I think Team Flare will be one of those organizations who says that they have a goal which may seem beneficial, but either there's some sort of plot twist and it's much more than that, or they are extremists, sort of like Team Magma and Aqua(who were laughably the worst in terms of goals, no debate necessary).

I also have a feeling that they will appear as a villainous team to the protagonists, but to everyone else be the good guys. Kind of like manipulation, except not the stupid kind of manipulation like in Black and White. This would really add to the theory of being an underground, two-faced organization.

It would also be interesting to say that they invented Mega rings, and sold them to popular trainers like gym leader Korrina, and that actress lady Diantha. Some DNA splicing wouldn't hurt to be included in to their schemes, after all they have scientists. But then again, where would we get ours from?

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    I personally disagree. Cyrus and the new team plasama did fit the villians theme and was dangerous.
    And beside, the fact that they have evil goal doesn't make them a good villians, team rocket for example was very boring(even though I did like their design and methods) and they were evil

Still, Team Galactic's goal was to create a better goal without pain and suffering. Yeah Cyrus was kinda crazy and power-hungry, but in general the team's objectives as a whole were not so evil.

Ghetsis, yes. The rest of Team Plasma? No. Well ok probably some of them but not all.

And yes that's true, an evil goal doesn't make a villain, but managing to achieve your goals one way or another does. Giovanni was one hell of a leader who basically brought his organization to spread all around Kanto and Johto. He has power and respect, he's feared, his goals and intentions are dark, and he has a huge team of enforcers/grunts/admins/scientists and all the way around under his fingertips.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion, and I personally loved Team Rocket. I liked all the other villains as well, but Team Rocket always comes on top for me.

Years
    I think Team Flare will be one of those organizations who says that they have a goal which may seem beneficial, but either there's some sort of plot twist and it's much more than that, or they are extremists, sort of like Team Magma and Aqua(who were laughably the worst in terms of goals, no debate necessary).

I also have a feeling that they will appear as a villainous team to the protagonists, but to everyone else be the good guys. Kind of like manipulation, except not the stupid kind of manipulation like in Black and White. This would really add to the theory of being an underground, two-faced organization.

It would also be interesting to say that they invented Mega rings, and sold them to popular trainers like gym leader Korrina, and that actress lady Diantha. Some DNA splicing wouldn't hurt to be included in to their schemes, after all they have scientists. But then again, where would we get ours from?

I sure hope so.

They may have created the ring but I think the stone is older as it's connected to an ancient tower near (or inside) Korrina's town. Also I think mutating will be a better word than splicing...as splicing usually is seen to mean combining DNA of different creatures into one which isn't the case here (at least it doesn't seem that way...).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'll include additional comments later (as PokeCommunity is unfortunately being very slow right now), but does anyone else think that the masks/visors of the female Team Flare Scientists (mostly Celosia and the blue-haired lady) resemble the masks/helmets of Daft Punk? (who, coincidentally, are a French electronic music duo :P :)). I mean, they do make 'beautiful' music, after all!

Spoiler:

In my opinion, they resemble Thomas Bangalter's helmet a little more, but maybe an unrevealed Team Flare will bear the Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo design at some point...?

As for a 'beautiful world', I'm hoping that Team Flare delves into different concepts of beauty (physical, natural, musical, mathematical, etc.) for some of their motifs...

Back