• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Team Flare Discussion and Speculation

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • Ok come to think of it, I would love Team Flare's leader to be a woman omg. I mean based on the concept art for the four women up there, I would love to see what they could come up with for a leader.

Also, the Pokemon franchise sorely needs a female villain leader, we haven't had one yet and I think that's stupid.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hmm.....
    Team Rocket wanted to take over the world.
    Team Magma wanted to make more land.
    Team Aqua wanted to flood land for more water types.
    Team Galactic wanted a new world.
    Team Plasma wanted to separate humans and pokemon.
    Team Plasma 2 wanted to rule the world.

In most cases, the team's name suggests what they wanted. Team Flare probably has a hidden motive that deals with it's name. What I have learned so far, kinda reminds me of the Fire Nation in Avatar: The Last Airbender, burn the world and then help remake the world from the ashes in their image. This is just a idea I had, but it probably is not that. However, I believe what they really want may be hidden in the name.

Years
  • The official site said something about Team Flare's members not looking only after themselves...so I imagine it'll be a tight group...
    Also if the leader ends up being a women and Xerosic takes over it'll be full of unfortunate implications...such as "a woman can't lead only man can" or something along those lines...so I hope he doesn't do that...let the leader have her moment...if it is a she.
    I don't know why a simple twist in a story must mean something and can't be a simple twist.
    As much as I want o see a female boss I want a good storyline.

But that just my opinion...

Echidna

Years
  • Hmm.....

In most cases, the team's name suggests what they wanted. Team Flare probably has a hidden motive that deals with it's name. What I have learned so far, kinda reminds me of the Fire Nation in Avatar: The Last Airbender, burn the world and then help remake the world from the ashes in their image. This is just a idea I had, but it probably is not that. However, I believe what they really want may be hidden in the name.

Well when someone says 'flare', its often in reference to a certain fashion spark or flashy look (which is obvious with all the designs we've seen). And they want to create a beautiful world, so it adds up but what does it mean?

Hmm.

Years
  • Hmm.....

Well magmaruby had a cool idea that team flare are pyromaniacs and their definition of beautiful world is to burn everything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They truly are enigmatic...I'm sure we're going to have fun figuring what in the world they mean by 'beautiful' when the games come out ^_^. I love villains with enigmatic plots, you never know what they might do...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i know i'm not the first to say or think this but i think team flare is definitely involved in Pokemon eugenics and either created or found the mega stones and are trying to make the evolutions permanent? i don't think they are going to be arsonists like someone has already said i think flare is less about fire and more along the fashion/aesthetic side of things

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Most leaders are unatractive people . He swagged out he's the boss . He too pimp not to be
    Uhhhhmmm no??? Not in Pokémon, anyway. In my opinion, almost all of the bosses of the evil team are pretty attractive. Giovanni, Archie, Cyrus, and N all have pretty attractive character designs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to have to side with Dominic here - I wouldn't say that a majority of the Team ___ leaders (or even sub-leaders) are ugly.
    Also if the leader ends up being a women and Xerosic takes over it'll be full of unfortunate implications...such as "a woman can't lead only man can" or something along those lines...so I hope he doesn't do that...let the leader have her moment...if it is a she.
    One can argue the opposite - as the team will invariably be beated by a young kid (let's face it, it's Pokemon =p), you could say that men clearly can't - yet again - lead an organisation to success. ;p I don't think Pokemon has much issue with sexism in the games, really. (Rough 50/50 split of male/female gym leaders throughout the games, and last two gens had female champions, for sake of example).

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I agree with Bobandil, there probably won't be anything- biased, with leadership or any inferences at all. Also, on the ideas above about remaking the world, I can actually see Team Flare being just that. A bunch of fashionable hippies who avoid fighting, and just want everyone to dress fabulous. Please, don't let that happen.

Echidna

Years
  • I have to agree that most the villain leaders in past generations have been pretty attractive. And if not attractive, then purely for amazing design.

Years
  • I agree with Bobandil, there probably won't be anything- biased, with leadership or any inferences at all. Also, on the ideas above about remaking the world, I can actually see Team Flare being just that. A bunch of fashionable hippies who avoid fighting, and just want everyone to dress fabulous. Please, don't let that happen.

Am I the only one who sure that Flare won't be "fashion police"-like? I just can't believe that gamefreak will use such a stupied idea.

Echidna

Years
  • X & Y
    Chromosomes
    Genetics
    Mega Evolutions
    Genetic Alteration
    Team Flare
    Beautiful World

I doubt they'll be 'fashion police'. I'm leaning more towards wanting to change the world into a more beautiful place (pure intentions) by means of some sort of catastrophic event or w/e (evil methods).

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Uhhhhmmm no??? Not in Pokémon, anyway. In my opinion, almost all of the bosses of the evil team are pretty attractive. Giovanni, Archie, Cyrus, and N all have pretty attractive character designs.

Im not talking in terms of pokemon im talking about scientist villains in general.

Since pokemon is changing in that we get more of a story, the villain needs to reflect that.
    im guessing we are getting a true rpg/anime villain

so im thinking in terms of mad scientist like orochimaru from naruto and mayuri kurotsuchi from bleach.

Also look at villains such as Hitler, now he wasn't ugly but he want a modle but yet alot of beautiful( blond hair blue eye) people followed him even died for him.

Now on the case of hitler lets look at a fictional character he inspired
    lord Voldemort
    voldemort wasnt pretty at all yet all of his female followers are almost in love with him all his followers would die and kill for him

so its easy to follow a leader whos pretty but it says alot about your leadership and villainy to be a somewhat unfit man who doesnt look like a model but yet has four good looking girls work for you and having your whole organization pretty much made of french runway walkers

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Team Flare will use Yveltal, Pokemon of Death/Destruction, to burn all of Kalos to the ground. then they will use Xerneas, The Pokemon of Life, to recreate the Kalos the way they want it, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Team Flare will use Yveltal, Pokemon of Death/Destruction, to burn all of Kalos to the ground. then they will use Xerneas, The Pokemon of Life, to recreate the Kalos the way they want it, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
    You know that's possible, maybe they succeed in capturing one like N did in BW but fail capturing the other.

Echidna

Years

Your theory actually sounds pretty plausible, but where does DNA manipulation fit into this, I wonder.

Back