• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Johto

Should I make a weekly newsletter?

• Yes

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Depends what was in it

Votes: 35 43.8%

• Total voters

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • I so have no business here.

Map:
    Seems a bit squashed? Sure the main starts are small towns, but it seems like you remade newbar with the same size? but bigger tiles.
    GSC type water, ok just b.c this is a remake doesent mean the tiles and ect have to be like it o.o. just extend the water a little and have the tree/s go over the ledge

OW's:
    Those are the hg/ss OW's yes? Im not sure if they would exactly fit in the 3rd gen, but i may be wrong.

Tiles: So are you guys using reg or some custom tiles too (you can keep some reg :P)
    nvm.

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • oops, havent been on in ages again.

Thanks for your feedback Countryemo, its good to have some constructive criticism, it lets me know where i have to improve, working on redesigning New Bark later, i think i might have some ideas...as for tiles, i plan to use a mixture of custom and reg. OWs, you might be right there, i will have to check

Edit: Yes, they are too big, now I remember why i haven't used them

Last edited:

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    Skills: minor spriting, minor mapping
    Proof of work: Doing a hack right now; pokemon Viridian and Vermilion
    Past experience: same as proof
    Contact information: IM me

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • oops, havent been on in ages again.

Thanks for your feedback Countryemo, its good to have some constructive criticism, it lets me know where i have to improve, working on redesigning New Bark later, i think i might have some ideas...as for tiles, i plan to use a mixture of custom and reg. OWs, you might be right there, i will have to check

Edit: Yes, they are too big, now I remember why i haven't used them

:( guess you don't own me know...

Years
  • i would like to work on pokemon glistening topaz. mostly cause im better at editing emerald than i am at editing fire red. so um yeahhh

Skills:mapper(everything expect creating warps)
    Proof of work:attached
    Past experience: my own hack. its not on here my thread keeps getting rejected
    Contact information: [email protected]. pm me on here.

yeah i know my attachment isnt the best example but still..

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
    Years
  • I have always wanted to be a member in a hack team of a g/s/c remake i would like to join
    im a really good mapper and im good at editing the starter and trainers pokemon to use in battle
    oh and im good with unlz-gba

i hope you can accept me please i wanted to join a g s c hack team my whole life.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • wow, 3 applicants in the time i was away. I apologise for the time I havent been on, I got grounded, then was spending time with my girlfriend, and then got dumped, so I've only just come back on my computer. Right, as is our policy, unless there is a valid reason NOT to be accepted, all applicants get in (simply because if you dont have much experience, the only way to get it is through just doing stuff) so I'm glad to welcome you 3 to the team. Will update the first post soon, needs completely editing now :/ I plan to make it look a bit nicer too, so any graphics i can use will be much appriciated.

Thanks, Shiny

Note: This isnt a G/S/C remake technically, more of a revisit to Johto, set many years after G/S/C

Last edited:

war rock exe

Years
  • wow, 3 applicants in the time i was away. I apologise for the time I havent been on, I got grounded, then was spending time with my girlfriend, and then got dumped, so I've only just come back on my computer. Right, as is our policy, unless there is a valid reason NOT to be accepted, all applicants get in (simply because if you dont have much experience, the only way to get it is through just doing stuff) so I'm glad to welcome you 3 to the team. Will update the first post soon, needs completely editing now :/ I plan to make it look a bit nicer too, so any graphics i can use will be much appriciated.

Thanks, Shiny

Note: This isnt a G/S/C remake technically, more of a revisit to Johto, set many years after G/S/C

seems like you've had one hectic time while we were waiting...

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Nah dw, i was away too, I think we all needed a break. For now, as i said on the blog, lets take a week to work on the storyline, if we have a storyline pinned down, the scripting will be easier. I shall continue to insert & renovate the maps, but for now I shall not be doing any scripts except warps, and anything absolutely necessary. Thanks, Shiny

war rock exe

Years
  • Nah dw, i was away too, I think we all needed a break. For now, as i said on the blog, lets take a week to work on the storyline, if we have a storyline pinned down, the scripting will be easier. I shall continue to insert & renovate the maps, but for now I shall not be doing any scripts except warps, and anything absolutely necessary. Thanks, Shiny

lol, k, don't dissapear again :)

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • lol, i plan to keep this project high on my priorities, however, i have several different projects currently, and plan to take on another soon (if i can get another gamecube) so i might not be on as often as i would like, however, i shall dedicate at least one day every week solely to GT and Team Johto. Thanks, Shiny

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Alright peeps, after much deliberation I have finished my redesign of New Bark Town, its now much more open, and i am a lot happier with it, however, Gold's house needs new tiles. Crit, comment and rate. Thanks, Shiny

Edit: Redesigned Route 29 too, attached, crit comment and rate.

Edit 2: I have moved one of the signposts, wont bother reposting the pic, as it is a minor change

Edit 3: I have done some major edits to New Bark, a lot happier with it now, have also edited Route 29 a bit, to make use of the water at the bottom of New Bark...Pics attached, crit, comment and rate

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • I have inserted a new Pokémon, I will not tell you how to obtain it, or what it is, but it is in there, all data for it has been sorted out except the cry, I can't get that to work, so could someone PM me if they would be willing to help. Thanks, Shiny

Note: I think I may have decided on some music that I will be using in the hack, I was listening to it, and thought "this would be good in GT" so I looked up a MIDI, and it is ideal for battle music, so I shall have a look at inserting that, and post a .avi of it in use, for feedback

Edit: Ok, so I still fail at music inserting, if anyone here is a music inserter (I know 8-Clock is, but idk if you are still viewing the thread) then let me know, cos I still cant get the hang of music inserting, even though I have watched and read many tutorials

Last edited:

red panda

Mew Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    Hi guys.

I decided to stop hibernating and start hacking again.

I've lost the Spirit Crystal Hack but I'm going to start the rome from scratch, and I'll need your help.

The rom will be in Emerald.

The list of help I need includes:

A co-mapper (I'll be mapping as well)
    A Tile Editor and/or inserter, Perferrably able to remake/insert Crystal Tiles
    A Scripter. I'm no good at making scripts. :S
    A co-graphic editor. Again, I'll be inserting a few Graphic related edits, I'm not very good though.
    Maybe an ASM Hacker or at least someone who knows how to implement G/S/C related features like Ruins of Alph puzzles, Day/Night, Pokegear(Editing PokeNav at the very least) Ect.
    And Finally an Overworld/Trainer Spriter. For now, Player Overworlds will have placeholders from Spriters Resource until someone is able to sprite their own Gold/Crystal sprites. ;)

And I also need to find a working link of the Tool "Truck Remover"

Please reply. :)

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Yay, welcome back Panda. I shall help with as much as i can. Anybody else willing to help with Spirit Crystal please let either Panda or me know. Thanks, Shiny

red panda

Mew Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    I have always wanted to be a member in a hack team of a g/s/c remake i would like to join
    im a really good mapper and im good at editing the starter and trainers pokemon to use in battle
    oh and im good with unlz-gba

i hope you can accept me please i wanted to join a g s c hack team my whole life.

Well technically I've been handed a Crystal Remake from a good person I know.

So if it's okay, could you be my Co-Graphics editer?

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Spirit Crystal and Glistening Topaz were originally set to be together (like ruby and sapphire) but when Nintendork15 gave up SC, i decided to take GT down another route, then Nintendork gave SC to Panda, and now we have 2 very different concepts. A bit random, but thought I'd share the history and story of SC & GT

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Thought I'd best post before the thread gets closed. Not much to say, ive been working more on...something else at the moment. However, i will be doing a couple more maps this weekend, maybe today or tomorrow as well, it depends on how things go. Oh, and on a side note, if anyone knows how to edit abilities (name, effect etc) then please let me know. Thanks again, Shiny

Back