• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mystic

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
  • I've joined team mystic (or team wisdom in French, which sounds much better). No unique reasons whatsoever for my choice.

It's kinda slow going here because I'm in a super small village right now ): But slowly getting better stuff.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • MW-ER508_pokemo_20160714120801_NS.jpg

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/on...ny-people-are-choosing-team-mystic-2016-07-13

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Eyyy eyyyyy, mind if I join? :) There's so many Valor and Instinct gyms around my house, and my 'mons are too weak to go rep'ing team mystic yet.

....That and having numerous problems with Pokémon Go to worrrrk. Ack. Like, seriously, it was fine when I left my house a while ago to try and team up with a Mystic captured gym, and then it promptly decided to give the 'server overloaded' message by the time I actually got to the gym location, which is like only 5 minutes walk away! Gaaaah!

Years
  • I'm a member of Mystic as well, would love to be added to the list! I chose the blue team because my friend told me it was the best, and I liked the name Mystic.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Is it alright if I join as well? ^^

I joined Team Mystic for quite a few reasons. Articuno is my favorite of the bird trio. I'm also a really huge fan of ice & water types, so blue is pretty rad too. Lmao. Mystic also sounded much cooler to me than Instinct or Valor. Also Blanche is pretty awesome, must admit.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Good news fellow Mystic-ers, Team Mystic has finally reclaimed the local gym in my village! Me and François just managed to storm down Valor's level 730 Electabuzz and take over the gym.

Spoiler:

It maaaaaay have been instantly reclaimed 5 minutes later by Valor but that won't stop us - tomorrow it is ours again!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Hey Mystics!

I am going to remove the team members section of the first post and instead replace with instructions on how to add the little emblem to your username! There's too many of us! Which is a good thing :)

And I lost a scyther at mount lofty, 1006CP, it ran away,
    a moment of silence please :(

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Today my friend and I trolled some Valor and Instinct members several times.

The two of us plugged a CP1000 Flareon (friend's) and my newly acquired CP1800 Vaporeon in the gym and walked off.

We kept tabs on it knowing people will be constantly throwing parties of six against them, so the gym will eventually go down.

As soon as my buddy tells me his Flareon was booted out, we head back to the gym and wait for the prestige to hit zero.

Then we time the moment and snipe the gym again with a different set of Pokémon, preventing anyone from entering and forcing whoever was attacking to start working down the prestige again.

We did this several times while jumping between lures/PokéSpots.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • There is both a Level 7 and a level 10 Team Mystic Gym on my campus. Those aren't going to go down for a while I'd say. Already going on 3-4 days as Mystic held Gyms.

#TeamMysticRepresentin'

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spent the day training up to get some stronger 'mons and oh boy did I manage - my strongest Pok?mon last time I fought the gym was a 530ish Golbat but now I'm carrying a 1181 Magmar, 926 Hypno, 808 & 725 Pidgeots, 800 & 750 Golbats, 658 Jynx, 655 Jolteon and 604 Clefable - not sure how strong these are in the grand scheme of things but for my village they seem pretty beastly so it's time to reclaim this village in the name of Team Mystic!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Alright, it's been ages since I was last on a forums.... Wow... Not since BKB in LOTRO (Black Knight Brotherhood in Lord of the Rings Online). Anyway, MYSTICS! I NEED YOUR HELP!! I want to know the best combination of attack movesets. I believe I have a possible formula for how damage of the basic and secondary attacks are calculated. Please note that I am not a very experienced player (level 13), but my very good with numbers and Excel. I believe that when you use a secondary attack, combat slows so that the secondary attack takes up the same amount of battle time as a regular attack. This means that in order to calculate the effective damage of a secondary attack, you take the secondaries base damage, minus the primary attack damage, and multiple this by the number of bars the secondary attack has. I'm going to try attaching a document I've been working on. ALSO!! I NEED MORE HELP! XD I want to know if the move set a Pokemon starts off with determines the moveset it will have in it's final evolution. If we find a pattern, we might be able to avoid spending lots of candy and stardust on a Pokemon who will have a weak moveset in it's final evolution. It this end, please look at my attachment again. I've listed every Pokemon (And it's evolutions) in it's own sheet, along with the 6 possible movesets. When you're about to evolve say, a Pidgey, please take a look at it's moveset and then record what the moveset of the evolved form is. I'm not looking for certainties (I'd be surprised if there wasn't some level of randomness to it), but I do want to check for likelihoods. SO! Here's what I'm asking! Get 6 Pidgeys and 6 Rattatas with the different movesets and evolve them (Good EXP if nothing else). Record what moveset the evolved form has and then post the results here! I'll comply our results and see if we can't crack this code! If it works, we can try each taking one moveset for rarer Pokemon! Knowledge is power, right? ;) Here's the Spread Sheet. I've also done an example of how I think the primary-secondary attacks breakdown in the Pidgey sheet. GL all and GO CATCH EM ALL! :D Ok... I think it uploaded? We'll see. ;)

Ok.... So..... I'm trying to upload the file, but am getting the message Invalid File. Can anyone help? Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Perhaps you could upload it on google drive or dropbox?

Anyways, it's a tough fight on my campus, none of the teams have been able to hold the sole gym at our campus for more than an hour! Gonna team up and head over. Wish me luck! xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    @RavAur I like your experiment we should definitely try to do this but it might be a bit tricky to coordinate people with a huge wall of text like that - try a smaller quicker announcement in here asking for it and I'm sure people will join in :D (Also not sure what's happening with 'invalid file' but usually you need a set number of posts before posting attachments so this is probably the issue!)

I finally managed to find some more Mystic players in my town and we stormed down the gym together! We're holding it still for now but gyms just seem so easy to beat that we aren't expecting to keep it for long. I'll try to keep this village blue but only time will tell!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm at 2 Pidgey and 1 Rattata waiting to evolve but not even close to enough candy for all of them. Typical the only time you want to find them you can't!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Wow... ok... so... here it goes... I've entered all of what I consider to be the "best" movesets for each Pokemon. I went for diversity over the benefits of specific elements. Feel free to use or modify my chart as you see fit. I've also included fields to enter the data I was collecting specifically on Rattatas, so... Yeah. :) Here it is, m8s.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByNXPKFww06dVnV2Z0dYRmE4VVU

Back