• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mystic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I have to say, that's the first time I've seen a Tangela standing on top of a gym.

Speaking of gyms, while waiting for my train to head to work this morning, I soloed a level 7 Valor gym—which at the top contained three CP2000+ Gyarados and a CP2000+ Vaporeon.

Ended up costing me 11 Hyper Potions and 6 Revives, but I claimed the gym in the end. I held it for about half an hour because no gyms last that long. I wonder when the Valor players managed to level that gym's prestige... probably before most people had to wake up.
    Very impressive! I wish GO replays were a thing as I'd love to see this battle play out haha. Did you pick a team specifically to counter the gym or did you just use your standard team for it?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Very impressive! I wish GO replays were a thing as I'd love to see this battle play out haha. Did you pick a team specifically to counter the gym or did you just use your standard team for it?
    I rotated my two highest Gyarados, Dragonite, Exeggutor, and one of my Vaporeon... so yeah, basically my highest level Pokémon.

There was a clever strategy that I heard about recently. Many people know about bulk evolving Pidgeys, Weedles, etc. for the experience. This guy told me he'd bulk evolve and use the evolutions to fight gyms, even if it takes six Pidgeottos to take out one Pokémon. He'd then transfer the six fainted Pidgeottos and use the next group of six to take out another Pokémon at the gym. This way he saves Potions and Revives.

Talk about getting value out of the experience fodder and managing resources...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I rotated my two highest Gyarados, Dragonite, Exeggutor, and one of my Vaporeon... so yeah, basically my highest level Pokémon.

There was a clever strategy that I heard about recently. Many people know about bulk evolving Pidgeys, Weedles, etc. for the experience. This guy told me he'd bulk evolve and use the evolutions to fight gyms, even if it takes six Pidgeottos to take out one Pokémon. He'd then transfer the six fainted Pidgeottos and use the next group of six to take out another Pokémon at the gym. This way he saves Potions and Revives.

Talk about getting value out of the experience fodder and managing resources...
    Can anyone say overkill? ;p I'm surprised that running out of Potions could ever be an issue though - is though something you personally find to be a problem? I challenge gyms semi-regularly and I've never even been close to running out so I'm amazed that you guys are managing to haha.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Can anyone say overkill? ;p I'm surprised that running out of Potions could ever be an issue though - is though something you personally find to be a problem? I challenge gyms semi-regularly and I've never even been close to running out so I'm amazed that you guys are managing to haha.
    I don't keep more than 40 Hyper Potions and Max Potions combined and no more than 20 Revives.

Rest of my bag is filled with Poké Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Razz Berries, and Lucky Eggs. I usually have at least 300-400 balls combined (approximately 100-150 of each variety) and about 100-120 Razz Berries. Poké Balls for low CP 'mons or those I don't care about fleeing (experience fodder like Pidgeys). Great Balls for those that I should catch, but still don't really care about fleeing (potential mid/high-tier Pokémon like Magikarp, Oddish, Nidoran, Growlithe, Exeggcute, etc.). Ultra Balls for special cases (random final evolution 'mons) or those that I strongly desire like Dratini and starters.

After I'm done with the Dex, I'm pretty sure I'll cut down the number of balls I carry since I'll likely only focus on experience fodder and select rare Pokémon. The rest of bag space will probably go toward Potions if I'm to organize higher level separate teams of attackers and defenders for gyms.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    At this point I just throw away all the Potions I get; I only use Hyper potions or super potions.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    At this point I just throw away all the Potions I get; I only use Hyper potions or super potions.
    Yep I do the exact same thing haha. Sometimes I'll spam Potions or Super Potions on something just to get rid of them but I've got no desire at all to keep most of the healing items we're given. I throw away 20-30 Revives a week so I do find they're a bit overkill.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I have an absolutely hilarious pidgeotto - with a weight of .92 kg. To put it in perspective, a caterpie weighs 2.5 and another pidgeotto I have weighs 30.

Team Mystic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    ... oh god XD You'd have thought they would set limits on how heavy/light it could be! I linked a photo a while go with a 0 kg Raticate which I'm still trying to work out the physics of haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I appointed my Arcanine to take over the Water Tower Gym that's located nearby my house, and it was there for two days. Just found out Team Instinct took it over.

That was the longest I took over a gym. #ruraltown

Years
    I appointed my Arcanine to take over the Water Tower Gym that's located nearby my house, and it was there for two days. Just found out Team Instinct took it over.

That was the longest I took over a gym. #ruraltown

I took over a Gym by my work on Thursday with Snorlax and he is still there today.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    So does anyone do any Team Mystic activities within your local area? Houston & Galveston have this activity called "Mystic Mondays" where we form groups of Mystics and we try our best to take down any Valor/Instinct gym in our local neighborhood and paint them blue. So far I was able to keep my Arcanine at the Water Tower after it was knocked down the other day, and once I go to Houston for school, I'll team up with some other Mystics and help them hold on to the gyms over there.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I joined this team because articuno is the best out of the three but that's just my opionion and also blue is my favorite color

Years
    Blimey, how do you manage to hold gyms for that long? Are there barely any players in your area or what? :o

No I live near Cleveland I work in a suburb but these are 2 gyms by my work.

Attachments

• Team Mystic
      Screenshot_2016-08-23-11-22-57.png
      334.7 KB · Views: 4
    • Team Mystic
      Screenshot_2016-08-23-11-27-18.png
      350.3 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    Was on a bike ride last night in Valor infested waters, took over 3 lvl 5 gyms in about 20 minutes in a mile long stretch
    Team Mystic
    Team Mystic
    Team Mystic

Wish i had more Mystic support here...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm so happy that the two gyms nearby my boyfriend's house are at their highest in all time. We both have never seen our gyms at least level 4 before, and we feel so proud of our Pokemon, as well as the local Mystics that are out there helping us out in keeping our gym. Valor always takes them away from us, and Instinct leaves Pidgeys in there so it's easier for us to snipe it from them lol.

Team Mystic
    Team Mystic

Just checked, and the Water Tower is now a 7. :)))

Back