• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
  • Spoiling Geechisu and N's relationship would be a hueg plot spoiler.

Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Spoiler:
    Exactly and this is why I dislike Geechisu...Giovanni at least loved his son silver...but this Geechisu is a monster compared to Giovanni (even Cyrus was better than Geechisu, because he had the excuse of "abusive parents" but Geechisu...I don't know...does he have anything to make us feel sorry for him at all?)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    -sigh-

And here I was thinking they were going to bring back Team Rocket, and I come and find out that instead they created another cult of pajama-wearing freaks.

I really just wish that Nintendo would go back to using villains whose aims were actually sinister, rather than making them religious zealots/fanatics who want to use the power of some legendary Pokemon (which are becoming dime-a-dozen these days) to drastically change the world in a short-sighted way.

Any hope that I had of Black/White being halfway decent games is now gone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    -sigh-

And here I was thinking they were going to bring back Team Rocket, and I come and find out that instead they created another cult of pajama-wearing freaks.

I really just wish that Nintendo would go back to using villains whose aims were actually sinister, rather than making them religious zealots/fanatics who want to use the power of some legendary Pokemon (which are becoming dime-a-dozen these days) to drastically change the world in a short-sighted way.

Sounds like a lot or RL organizations/cults in the modern world.

Years
  • -sigh-

Well they want power from a legendary pokemon but Geechisu sure is sinister...more than Giovanni in my opinion...

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years

Spoiler:

Sad cliche is very old and sad.

I am tired of cliches, but oh well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Spoiler:
    What?

That's very sad, actually. It's official: Geechisu is way more insane than Cyrus was (using your own son as part of your evil plans is just crossing the line of insane plans).

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    -sigh-

Amusingly, Team Plasma is fairly sinister (or at least Geechisu). Depending on how the members themselves feel it could be another Team Galactic (only the leader and a few of his most trusted actually know the true intentions of the organization), or it's another Team Rocket but simply hidden behind a veil of secrecy and deceit. Considering a few actions Team Plasma performed I'm leaning and hoping it's the latter.

A team that's truly evil in it's intentions and hellbent towards achieving them is something we haven't seen since Team Cipher and Team Snagem and I'll gladly welcome into the Pokemon franchise.

Spoiling Geechisu and N's relationship would be a hueg plot spoiler.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Team Plasma is a joke. Most irrelevant team ever as far as I'm concerned. :>

I disagree it doesn't make the games decent, though. The games are pretty good, it's just the supposedly "evil" aspect of it that's a joke, imo. XD

It's like PETA or Scientology (don't anyone dare to even come at me for this; anything with "scientology" as its name is downright delusional, and anyone who pretends otherwise needs help), or something. Most irrelevant piece of **** ever.

And maybe it's because I can't read JP and stuff, but I don't see how that little spoiler changes anything. N is a fool, Geechisu is a fool, and everything about Plasma is roll-on-the-floor laughter-inducing. At least Cyrus was batshit insane, Archie and Maxie had a whole rivalry slashfest going on, and Giovanni is downright evil.

But Team Plasma? lolo, most idiotic goal ever, the whole religiosity thing is off-putting, their costumes are ridic, and both N and Geechisu are usually the butt of my Jaroda's jokes. XD

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    It might just be me. But, Team Plasma is one of my favorite, if not my favorite team so far. They're so delusional that it makes for a good story. It's not like Cyrus, where it's just insane and you're bound to fail. I may not be able to read all the dialouge; but, I felt that when playing.

It might as have to do with the fact I LOVE the battle themes for the Grunt's and N.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • I'm pretty ambivalent with this generation - the crusader outfits and the team name is kinda disappointing, but their story seems rather intriguing compared to the other antagonistic teams. The grunt battle theme's somewhat mediocre to be honest, but the castle and N's battles are just purely amazing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    It's like PETA or Scientology (don't anyone dare to even come at me for this; anything with "scientology" as its name is downright delusional, and anyone who pretends otherwise needs help), or something. Most irrelevant piece of **** ever.

Are you kidding me? PETA and Scientology are the 2 most EVIL organizations/cults in the world! They hide behind a self-righteous facade which makes them even more diabolically evil.

In fact most of the real world's evil organizations do not declare themselves evil. Take Al Qaeda. To the zealots they are merely waging jihad war to protect the Muslim world against the "EVIL West". Trust me, declaring yourself evil does not win you any supporters. Unless you're mercenary like TR, in which case you're attracting a whole different lot of supporters.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Are you kidding me? PETA and Scientology are the 2 most EVIL organizations/cults in the world! They hide behind a self-righteous facade which makes them even more diabolically evil.

In fact most of the real world's evil organizations do not declare themselves evil. Take Al Qaeda. To the zealots they are merely waging jihad war to protect the Muslim world against the "EVIL West". Trust me, declaring yourself evil does not win you any supporters. Unless you're mercenary like TR, in which case you're attracting a whole different lot of supporters.

PETA isn't evil. Yea, there are crazy extremists in PETA, but the values and goals of the organization are not evil. I'm a member and I see nothing evil about wanting to stop animal abuse in the world. How can we tolerate a world where animals are abused? They're slaughtered horrifically, used as useless test specimens, skinned alive for their furs, and so many other evils are done to animals! How is PETA evil when it stands for eliminating the horrifying evils of animal abuse?

Extremism can be taken to far in any organization. Whether it be religions, animal rights like PETA..anything.

I think it's interesting that Team Plasma is this type of bad guy. It's entirely different from the rest of the other evil teams.

Last edited:

Years
  • PETA isn't evil. Yea, there are crazy extremists in PETA, but the values and goals of the organization are not evil. I'm a member and I see nothing evil about wanting to stop animal abuse in the world. How can we tolerate a world where animals are abused? They're slaughtered horrifically, used as useless test specimens, skinned alive for their furs, and so many other evils are done to animals! How is PETA evil when it stands for eliminating the horrifying evils of animal abuse?

Extremism can be taken to far in any organization. Whether it be religions, animal rights like PETA..anything.

I think it's interesting that Team Plasma is this type of bad guy. It's entirely different from the rest of the other evil teams.
    Well when it comes to Pokemon (animals/ Plants/Fungi/Bacteria?) then yes Team Plasma is the first one...but then again Team's Magma and Aqua wanted to created a better world for pokemon, Team Magma thought they needed more land, Team Aqua thought they need more Water...so yeah Team Rocket and Team Galactic are the only two who's leaders only cared about themselves...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back