• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Seraphim

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • I'm not u_u. I was on work experience last week and was therefore busy. This weekend has been packed full of irl shiz. Next week is my last week and school, I could get some stuff done. Then I'm going to Portugal for a week from Thursday. After that, I'll be available again.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Well most people actually do have jobs to do, its only Vrai and colcolstyles that don't have any. There are still those two scripts to be done in this post which Vrai or colcolstyles could do since I'm not sure whats going on with Spherical Ice. I have a two week holiday this week so I'll have time to hopefully make some significant progress then.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Well most people actually do have jobs to do, its only Vrai and colcolstyles that don't have any. There are still those two scripts to be done in this post which Vrai or colcolstyles could do since I'm not sure whats going on with Spherical Ice. I have a two week holiday this week so I'll have time to hopefully make some significant progress then.

I'll take a whack at the first script (the one with the mysterious woman). Should I just use the last ROM that I sent you or have you made any changes since I sent it to you? Also, where in the script should the flashback be placed?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I haven't scripted in so long that I don't think I'd be comfortable trying to work on a complicated script for something important like this. :/

I'm going to try and renew my scripting abilities, but until then I dunno if I can help with that.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I haven't scripted in so long that I don't think I'd be comfortable trying to work on a complicated script for something important like this. :/

I'm going to try and renew my scripting abilities, but until then I dunno if I can help with that.
    Thats fine, if you want you could either take a stab at the mapping for the Victory Road cave maps since I don't have any ideas for it at the moment, it'd be get some others peoples ideas for it. You could also go through the game, editing any NPC text that you think is bad, something I've been meaning to do for a long time now. Also you could go through the game and list any problems that you have find, not just bugs anything you don't like. I'd like everyone in the team to do this like I've said before. You can wait till I start the beta testing for the next beta to do this however.

I'll take a whack at the first script (the one with the mysterious woman). Should I just use the last ROM that I sent you or have you made any changes since I sent it to you? Also, where in the script should the flashback be placed?
    Basically the script should run normally until she leaves after about 3 or so steps she should turn around and say "You look familiar...\nDo I know you from somewhere?" then the flashback script then when it returns she should exclaim and say "...\nNever mind, like I said I have business to attend to." and then leave.

I've got a two week holiday like I told you guys now. While I'll still be busy between work, assignments and catching up on life, we'll get a decent chunk done. I've taken Dratii out of the team because he hasn't logged in for nearly a month. Unfortunately guys I'll have to take people that haven't been active (that means doing something on Genesis or posting in this thread) for over a month out of the team. Obviously if you have a valid reason or if you don't have a job that I'm waiting for you'll be exempt from this.

I'd just like to remind Esmas and .Tactic that you guys haven't been active for nearly 3 weeks. If you haven't completed the jobs I've given you guys I would at least like a progress report. I've contacted Spherical Ice personally and am currently awaiting his response.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Basically the script should run normally until she leaves after about 3 or so steps she should turn around and say "You look familiar...\nDo I know you from somewhere?" then the flashback script then when it returns she should exclaim and say "...\nNever mind, like I said I have business to attend to." and then leave.

Sounds good. Though you didn't say which ROM I should use.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Sounds good. Though you didn't say which ROM I should use.
    Oh yeah sorry. It doesn't really matter since I'll be doing the inserting, you just need to send me the script. But yeah, you can use the last one you sent me.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Can I get a progress report from everyone? Also, does anyone know the palette offset for the background in the Oak intro? For some reason I keep getting the wrong one.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I'm sorry, Malin :( I know I haven't been active for too long, but I had a lot of stuff coming up :( But now I've just played Genesis on my Wii and it's motivated me to finish it up! :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Can I get a progress report from everyone? Also, does anyone know the palette offset for the background in the Oak intro? For some reason I keep getting the wrong one.

Uh, I just can't seem to map ANYTHING at the moment. :<

Anyway;
    Background - 00460568
    Circle - 004629E6

I think those are right, anyway.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    A progress report? Uh, well, currently I'm hiding in a box because I've forgotten to do the things I was supposed to do.

Also I'm not sure but I don't think I have the latest beta. /forgot to download it

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • If anyone's interested, I discovered how the programmers made the "spotlight" effect that is used when the player enters a dark cave. The game utilizes a graphical effect called "windowing" which they've used to tell the GBA to hide (display as black) everything outside of the window and show everything inside of it. As you can imagine, the "window" is the circle that encompasses the player. So you're probably thinking to yourself, "then just hack the game to display a circular window." Well, that's much easier said than done. See, the windows have to be rectangular. The way that the programmers pulled off having a non-rectangular-shaped window is very complicated and I don't think it would do anyone much good if I were to waste a good chunk of my time describing the process to you all. Basically, all you need to know is that it's incredibly difficult and not very feasible, especially in a hack. Getting a circular shaped window would be a ridiculously time-consuming project and then adding the ability to resize the circle... well, I'm just not up to it.

Though if anyone is interested, this page has a nice section dedicated to windowing. You might not understand most of it if you just jump right into it but I think the technical stuff is pretty fascinating to read about. Also, fun fact: the section above Windowing (Alpha Blending) was used for the Tablet project.

Last edited:
    Back