• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shadows

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
Okay sounds good, in the meantime I've been flicking through the thread, you wanted a sprite for a Cypher so I asked my spriter to make one. Hows this?
picture.php

She also made a sprite for Chobin.
picture.php

I'll just keep adding these as she comes up with them. Next up: Simulation/Super Trainer.
picture.php

Casual Guy.
picture.php

Body Builder.
picture.php

She's never played the game but I think shes doing well with these, though shes spending more time watching videos of XD than actually spriting..
Next up, Cool Trainer.
picture.php

Here's Super Trainer Female
picture.php

Last edited:

ShadowSpriter

KCAT HAX Spriter!
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.K.
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Hiya ;)

hai cbd98 :) shadow grey told me to come visit this thread because this is where the pokemon xd sprites im making will go, how do you like them? i never plpayed pokemon xd but grey has and i watched a bunch of movies and stuff about it when i got bored. oh yeh, im the spriter for the kcat hax team and i didnt have a profile so grey was putting up my sprites for me, anyway, cuz you added grey you also get the rest o the team! if you want anything just ask ;)
oki byeee x

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
Years
hey cbd98, its been awhile snce ive been on ths site, like a month, but yes, i am still interested and will be online more :)

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
@ShadowGrey and ShadowSpriter: Those are amazing. Like, seriously, I love them. They're close enough to the original sprites but still have that uniqueness that's in a lot of remakes. Well done.

@PokemasterX: Cool, I'll be sure to send you the Beta once we get it so you can get some bugs out.

ShadowSpriter

KCAT HAX Spriter!
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.K.
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
@ShadowGrey and ShadowSpriter: Those are amazing. Like, seriously, I love them. They're close enough to the original sprites but still have that uniqueness that's in a lot of remakes. Well done.

@PokemasterX: Cool, I'll be sure to send you the Beta once we get it so you can get some bugs out.

thank you so much! :D i had some free time cuz our shadow grey hack has stopped for now til we can get this problem sorted out :( x

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Name/What you want to be called: Soul

Skills: Writing, creative, can work with anything given or asked to do.

Past Experience: Currently am on two teams; "Team Black Forest" and "Team Rocket" as their storyline writer or you can follow the link here and read something I had posted(It's the second one down): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6933715#post6933715

Proof of Work:
You can check either or I can PM you a list of idea's for this hack. If you decide you don't want me but liked an idea or two, can feel free to use any of them.

How should I contact you?:
Email, PM or text - Whichever you prefer.

Time Zone: UTC -5

Have you ever played XD: I began playing it once. Didn't get too far in it, maybe twenty minutes in at my buddy's place. I can always look up a playthrough of it as my friend no longer has the game. I have played the first one, currently replaying it at the moment. :3

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Awesome. I really love that storyline you made in that thread. You are...
ACCEPTED

One of these days you, me, and PokemasterX will go on MSN or some chatroom thing and discuss changes. It's good to have another storyline worker too, so we never have ties.

Also, as a note to everyone, I'll be doing minor spriting now becuase I'm starting to get into scripting, which is probably one of the biggest thigs we'll need. I have finished the hero walking sprites though, which are all the sprites we'll need for Beta hopefully, since the running shoes will probably be given sometime after.

I've made a checklist for what should be done for Beta 0.1 and what should be done in the future, but it's on one of my other computers. I'll edit it in next time I'm on it, probably by next Friday. Happy Hacking!

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I'll PM you about the userbar, since multiple people are making them I think.

/offtopic 250TH POST :DDDDD

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Yeah, but the thing is I don't want every single person that's my Facebook friend to know I love Pokemon :/ Maybe MSN or a Hamachi chatroom or something

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
On FB, you can make a group hidden/private so that only people within it can see it. When you get added to that kind of group, it doesn't show up on anyones news feed or your own page.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Eehh, I'm still a little bit against the idea. I think we could make on of those free websites so that all of the users in the group with their own jobs can have their own discussions, pages, and then we get more customization.

P.S. I promised as of Friday I'd give official assignments. Well, I will tomorrow, seeing as one, I'm writing on my iPod, and two I'm very busy today. Please bear with me, and try to recruit your friends so we can succeed! Those who have not replied to me privately or in the thread shall be removed. If you have been removed, it would be very nice if you send whatever you have worked on for the group.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys. So I've come up with a plan for a checklist for each Beta section, but it is just an approximation. For Beta 0.1, we will need...

Storyline/Scripting
-First simulation battle (no tutorial battles yet)
-The "chores" around the lab done
-Chobin battle
-Bringing Jovi to HQ (hopefully with follow me script)

Sprites (* means OW, ! means battle)
Protagonist*
Krane*
Lily*
Jovi*
Chobin*!
Dr. Kaminko*
Cool Trainer*!
Old Man w/ hat*
Lab workers*
Pineco*

Maps+tiles
-Pokemon Lab (inside+out)
-Kamino's Lab (inside+out)
-Edited world map

Etc.
-ASM/Advanced scripting for various places(can be held off for now)
-Title Screen Edit(can be held off for now)
-Music edits(can be held off for now)

It seems like a lot, but we can easily get this all done. I probably forgot at least one thing, and we might not get all of it done, so we'll add and subtract things as we go. Also, we already have a lot of this stuff too, so that takes away even more of the work we have to do. I do have all the walking protagonist and the Pineco done, and I'm debating using the default scientist sprites for the scientists, or at least until I stop being lazy. But anyway, when you finish something, post it here or PM me and I'll take it off the list. I'll update it every day and eventually we'll release a great Beta! So let's do it!

EDIT: I made us a website. It's still being made, and I'll make a chatroom or some sort of discussion for it soon. The link is here.

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I'm to assume you mean more than being told to find your sister, so here's a couple of things that could be done there:

- Have a scientist that lost some important binder and last saw it on his lunch break. Can just have it outside somewhere near or on a bench.
- Could change th opening simulation battle to be helping with some research, or have a couple of other simulation battles that a scientist or two come to the player to go through. To help them conduct some research on various Pokemon they gained some data on. At the end just give like a small reward.
- Short one could be bringing some documents from one scientist in the lab to another. Player gets a present for doing so.

For some short stuff that's what I've got right now. I've got a migraine, so I'm off to bed in a little bit. When I've thought of more I'll post them here.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Great minds think alike :D. I was thinking exactly that (the first and second, the third is a good idea too). Since there are supposed to be memos in the game about Shadow Pokemon, it'll probably be something along those lines so the player knows about them. Also there's the TV report too.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
ok yeah im still with team shadow if you could give me a status report and gimmie a scripting job ill get right to work.

cbd98

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
You replied late, but it's OK. If you read the last couple posts you can see the ideas we have, so just tell me if there's anything you can't script so I can get some more help for it. You'll be a little overlooked at first but when we get a few more scripters you guys can divide it.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Let me know when to begin dialogue for some events if you don't want to do the first one's yourself. Ready to move on whenever you'd like me to.

Back