• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Pregnancy

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Oh, you actually asked a load of teenage mothers those questions? Do you mind if I ask exactly how many people you asked? I think you just made up those "results".

You aren't experienced in this area, it's obvious to everyone who has properly read this thread. You've tried to provide "facts" when in fact all you've done is posted blindly naive opinions. But you're 13 years old, it's expected of you not to know about this kind of stuff. You're not old enough or mature enough to be involved in these kinds of discussions properly. You should just admit that fact, you'd have a lot more respect from members if you had.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    YoMama said:
    100% of the pregnant teens wish they had never got into this situation.

Disproved. I know three teen mothers who have never been happier than they have with their children. Even if they could, they would not redo this. Those three mothers, even if they are the only ones in the world (which I highly doubt) prove this "statistic" wrong. Show me a source as well if you want me to even consider believeing that BS.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    ~Ozy~ said:
    Disproved. I know three teen mothers who have never been happier than they have with their children. Even if they could, they would not redo this. Those three mothers, even if they are the only ones in the world (which I highly doubt) prove this "statistic" wrong. Show me a source as well if you want me to even consider believeing that BS.
    Agreed. As I've said numerous times, I know two teen mothers who would give their lives for their children. They've become much more mature, responsible and rounded because of it and count giving birth as the best thing they've ever done.

Years
    Dawson said:
    Agreed. As I've said numerous times, I know two teen mothers who would give their lives for their children. They've become much more mature, responsible and rounded because of it and count giving birth as the best thing they've ever done.
    That would make a hell of a story. I mean, first their lives are almost in wrecks, and their babies come along. Then their lives changed.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It's completely true. Well, they're lives weren't "almost in wrecks" but, I'll explain.

The first girl I went to school with. She had a reputation of being a slutty person and there were even rumours going round that she'd provide oral sex in exchange for a pack of cigarettes. She smoked from the age of 13, was regularly drinking alcohol at 14-15 and had even tried various other drugs. As you can see, not a great mother candidate from that. She got pregnant at age 16, strangely enough, it was a planned pregnancy, which shocked my friends and I because of the reasons above. We actually felt sorry for the baby for having them as parents. But, ever since the baby was conceived, she quit smoking, drinking and drug taking. She got herself a part time job so she could do a little work but still have plenty of time with the baby. She spends all of the money she earns from her job on food, clothes and toys for the baby. She lives for the baby now.

The other girl got herself pregnant when she was 17, she gave birth just after she turned 18, and it wasn't a planned pregnancy. Prior to the pregnancy, she was incredibly immature, annoying, loud, brash, in your face, etc. I hated her, I couldn't stand to be around her. She was very selfish, spending all of her money and most of her boyfriend's money on clothes and stuff for herself. She also had loyalty issues and had cheated on her long term boyfriend and caused a lot of problems because of it. Since the pregnancy, she has calmed herself down and really mellowed down and matured tenfold. She started making savings with her money for the baby and she sorted her life out properly. Her and her boyfriend have never been happier than they have since the baby was born.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It's completely true. Well, they're lives weren't "almost in wrecks" but, I'll explain.

The first girl I went to school with. She had a reputation of being a slutty person and there were even rumours going round that she'd provide oral sex in exchange for a pack of cigarettes. She smoked from the age of 13, was regularly drinking alcohol at 14-15 and had even tried various other drugs. As you can see, not a great mother candidate from that. She got pregnant at age 16, strangely enough, it was a planned pregnancy, which shocked my friends and I because of the reasons above. We actually felt sorry for the baby for having them as parents. But, ever since the baby was conceived, she quit smoking, drinking and drug taking. She got herself a part time job so she could do a little work but still have plenty of time with the baby. She spends all of the money she earns from her job on food, clothes and toys for the baby. She lives for the baby now.

The other girl got herself pregnant when she was 17, she gave birth just after she turned 18, and it wasn't a planned pregnancy. Prior to the pregnancy, she was incredibly immature, annoying, loud, brash, in your face, etc. I hated her, I couldn't stand to be around her. She was very selfish, spending all of her money and most of her boyfriend's money on clothes and stuff for herself. She also had loyalty issues and had cheated on her long term boyfriend and caused a lot of problems because of it. Since the pregnancy, she has calmed herself down and really mellowed down and matured tenfold. She started making savings with her money for the baby and she sorted her life out properly. Her and her boyfriend have never been happier than they have since the baby was born.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    ~Ozy~ said:

I took a random survey of 50 people smart one. I didn't bother going to every neighborhood in the USA.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Wow, you managed to find 50 teenage mothers in your neighbourhood in one day and get them all to answer personal questions to some strange 13 year old. Impressive. And you then managed to process the results into percentages, all of which favoured the opinions and "facts" that you tried to put across. Coincidental or what?

It leads me to wonder just how you managed to track down 50 pregnant teenagers in such a short amount of time and how none of them actually wanted the baby. I'm also curious as to how your results were pretty exact figures, "60, 70, 95 100". The 95% confused me the most, because if you're interviewing 50 people exactly (another striking coincidence that it was an even 50) then all of your percentages would be an even number. Concluding to me believing that you completely made up those results.

If you didn't make those results up, would you please inform me of the ages of these interviewees. I assume you took their ages, otherwise you'd have no evidence that it was in fact a teenage survey.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    YoMama said:
    I just wanted to provide facts, regardless of the date. You assumed that I knew nothing of this issue and kept accusing me that I was inexperienced with teen pregnancy. I kind of wanted this little arguement to stop. Can we finally arrive at a truse?

I learn much from the experience with teen pregnancies, and most of the people I know that get pregnant aren't responsible people at all. They drink, smoke, and use drugs I don't even want to meantion. They break the news to their parents considering that they can't handle a baby at that age and want the punishment to end as soon as they can. I actually random survey some people about this situation in my neighborhood.

60% of the pregnant teens have drink, smoke, or use drugs before.
    70% of the pregnant teens have had sexual relationships before.
    95% of the pregnant teens cannot handle the responsibility of a child.
    100% of the pregnant teens wish they had never got into this situation.

A few examples for you to prove to you Dawson that I'm experienced with teen pregnancy.

I agree with Dawson and ~Ozy~, but I'd like to point out that, in the very, very unlikely event you didn't just make that up, YOU'RE not experienced with teen pregnancy, dear. =)

Dawsy - Don't worry; I wasn't really telling you off. :D I just wanted you two to make it less personal. My post was hardly directed at you.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Hiyori-chan said:
    I agree with Dawson and ~Ozy~, but I'd like to point out that, in the very, very unlikely event you didn't just make that up, YOU'RE not experienced with teen pregnancy, dear. =)

Dawsy - Don't worry; I wasn't really telling you off. :D I just wanted you two to make it less personal. My post was hardly directed at you.
    That's okay, I wasn't worried about it. Besides, you're staff, you've got to do what needs to be done to keep the peace. I know that, I used to be staff XD ...You didn't need to write so small either XD

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Read your stories, Dawson.

It's quite inspiring how the birth of a baby can bring new life not only to the world but the parents of the baby themsleves. Anybody having serious drug related issues should get a baby! XD

Though the choice to have a baby in such cirumstances wouldn't be approved by most 'experts', it's obviously not always a wrong choice to make. And we have seen this from stories such as the ones you have shared, even though apparently 100% of tennagers wished they hadn't got in that position.

Where did YoMama get those numbers anyway?

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    He fabricated them, said he surveyed 50 teen mothers and drew up a series of figures that only the Ad Council could come up with.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Crystal Walrein said:
    He fabricated them, said he surveyed 50 teen mothers and drew up a series of figures that only the Ad Council could come up with.

XD

That's clever...

But the figure that says 100% would agree that they wished they hadn't got into it in the first place doesn't seem too outragous to me. I'm sure at some point every teen mother thinks in that way.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    YoMama said:
    I took a random survey of 50 people smart one. I didn't bother going to every neighborhood in the USA.

Even assuming that, 50 is hardly an adaquate number to represent a worldwide populace (which is, as PC is an international forum, what I assumer we're talking about), particularly given multiple indigenous cultures wherein births at 13-14 yars of age are commonplace and even encouraged. Your "statistics" are fallacies.

Years
    @ Dawson:

That is pretty amazing. I'm happy for them...

@ YoMama:

I hope you ain't coming back, dog, you can't win this...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    I'm sorry but I'm automatically calling BS on that 50 surveyed woman thing that was mentioned above.. it seemed as if it was only made up to try and prove something..

But anyways, my own sister has been pregnant as a teen and it was an interesting situation to say the least a few years ago when I was only 8.. but really to me, its like how can you judge someone else's life like that.. ya that person should have been more responsible but things happen. Some people look at teens who get pregnant as if they're lives are automatically ruined (those people need to STFU and look at their own life before making any kind of judgement), when thats not the case at all, where you have some who raise they're child just fine and live their own life just like any other person who raised they're kids "right".

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Personally, if you're a teenager you shouldn't go around having sex anyways because chances are you're not responsible enough to completely take care of yourself, and if you can't do that, why be responsible for another life?

Yes, I know there's some cases where everyone becomes happy and yadda yadda yah, but the thing is, a lot of times they shouldn't get themselves in that position.

xo*hugs.n.kisses*ox

Never Let Go <3
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2006
    yep I agree. You are too young, and if you are doing it to fit in, you aren't gonna fit in once you are pregnant. Anyways it doesn't make you coll either, it makes you irresponsible, and then you have to afford a baby, and poosibly putting yourself in danger when having it.

Last edited:

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Again, I feel the need to bring up the point that NOT ALL TEEN PREGNANCIES ARE CONSENTUAL OR EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PARTIES!

Please, please... Do not forget about rape. There are so many of them out there, and so many more of us who come closer than we're comfortable with. Being put in that situation doesn't make you irresponsible.

Back