• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Pregnancy

M+A fan

Lonely and Lovin it!^^
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 14, 2006
    i dont support this. my friend got a baby at the age of 15 and its hard. the baby is really cute but i just think she should have waited

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Just because some of you believe in not having sex before marriage, it doesn't mean it's wrong for other people not to believe the same, so it's unfair for you to judge people based on your own beliefs.

There are three types of teen pregnancies:
    -Those that are planned
    -Those that aren't planned but no contraception was used
    -Those that aren't planned, but they were unlucky enough to still get pregnant.

If the pregnancy was planned by the couple, and they can support the baby and give it everything it needs, where's the problem? All that matters is the baby's health and happiness. Don't forget, some people don't have huge career aspirations etc and their only goal in life is to start a family and dedicate their lives to them.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned but no condom was used, the couple only have themselves to blame. In this day and age, ALL teenagers should be well aware of the consequences of unprotected sex. We all have the sex-ed classes, where the more immature amongst us laugh whenever the words "vagina" or "penis" are used, and now most of us have parents who should also be teaching us about the same things. Not to mention how it is frowned upon by society. I mean, In England now, we have these commercials where a few teenagers are talking. This girl is bragging about having sex, thinking she's cool. The other girl asked if they used a condom, which she replied "no". The girl then called her stupid. There's another one featuring two guys, with the same outcome.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned and a condom was used, then that's just bad luck. As someone stated earlier, condoms are only 99% effective. However, it would also be wise for the girl to take contraceptive pills, which are still only 99% effective, but at least that's 99% x 2.

My beliefs are that there is no set age to have sex. I know in England the legal age is 16, and in other parts of Europe it's 14. But it all comes down to when you're ready. Everybody develops at different speeds. But if you're physically ready, mentally ready, knowing full well what's involved, and actually wanting to have sex then they're of the right age.

Sex is the most important thing in the world, it makes the world go round. Without it, nobody would be alive. But sex is also important in relationships. Sex represents an intimate physical bond between the two people and can be considered physically showing how you feel by providing pleasure for the other person, hence the term "making love". I couldn't have a relationship with someone without sex, because I know I'd be missing out on so much.

Also, sex is just too **** awesome XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    FireFox113 said:
    Well...if you wanna be stupid enough to lose your virginity at such a young age, then power be to ya...

But I think its wrong. I dont plan on doing ANYTHING till im married

same here. Not only will it be more special, but if that person also waited til marriage, you dont have to use protection because since neither of you have ever been with anybody else, STD's shouldnt be an issue.

Strawberry<3

Āqǔǻ Ťǎşťė
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2006
    No. I do not support it, because Teen Pregancy may lead to prostitution. But still, teens are free to do their own choice. Even if it is dumb.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Support it, no.

Condemn it?

NO!

Can you honestly condem a 15-year-old girl who gets RAPED and becomes pregnant?! Do you think that it's that poor girl's fault? Was she "stupid" enough to get pregnant or did a clearly thinking adult take advantage of her young, impressional mind?

Like me?

Okay, I didn't get pregnant, but I know what it's like to be sexually abused. I was lucky.

Some girls are not.

Rape is not something that you can condemn the victem for. Take that into account before you start saying how stupid girls that get pregnant in their teens are.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Unpurposeful teen pregnancy is the persons own fault for not using some kind of protection. If they did and it didn't work, just get an abortion or just give birth to it.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Nagoyaka Aikouka said:
    Can you honestly condem a 15-year-old girl who gets RAPED and becomes pregnant?! Do you think that it's that poor girl's fault? Was she "stupid" enough to get pregnant or did a clearly thinking adult take advantage of her young, impressional mind?

Like me?

Okay, I didn't get pregnant, but I know what it's like to be sexually abused. I was lucky.

Some girls are not.

Rape is not something that you can condemn the victem for. Take that into account before you start saying how stupid girls that get pregnant in their teens are.
    Well, the South Dakota legislature did not think that way. Their stance is that abortion in all cases, even when someone is raped, is against the Bible and inherently wrong. This is also why we have all this family feuding among Muslim countries; the custom there is that it's a good idea to get revenge on a guy by raping his daughter. The governments there encourage this. With this at hand, it'll take a short time before radical Muslim leaders welcome South Dakota and other states led by Radical Republicans into the fold of literal thearchy.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 20, 2006
    What would really suck for a teen that gets pregnant is that if the guy leaves her and the baby. =| Meaning that the girl would have to become a prostitute, or luckily she will be able to receive enough money to take care of herself and the child.

M+A fan

Lonely and Lovin it!^^
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 14, 2006
    Dawson said:
    Just because some of you believe in not having sex before marriage, it doesn't mean it's wrong for other people not to believe the same, so it's unfair for you to judge people based on your own beliefs.

There are three types of teen pregnancies:
    -Those that are planned
    -Those that aren't planned but no contraception was used
    -Those that aren't planned, but they were unlucky enough to still get pregnant.

If the pregnancy was planned by the couple, and they can support the baby and give it everything it needs, where's the problem? All that matters is the baby's health and happiness. Don't forget, some people don't have huge career aspirations etc and their only goal in life is to start a family and dedicate their lives to them.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned but no condom was used, the couple only have themselves to blame. In this day and age, ALL teenagers should be well aware of the consequences of unprotected sex. We all have the sex-ed classes, where the more immature amongst us laugh whenever the words "vagina" or "penis" are used, and now most of us have parents who should also be teaching us about the same things. Not to mention how it is frowned upon by society. I mean, In England now, we have these commercials where a few teenagers are talking. This girl is bragging about having sex, thinking she's cool. The other girl asked if they used a condom, which she replied "no". The girl then called her stupid. There's another one featuring two guys, with the same outcome.

If the pregnancy wasn't planned and a condom was used, then that's just bad luck. As someone stated earlier, condoms are only 99% effective. However, it would also be wise for the girl to take contraceptive pills, which are still only 99% effective, but at least that's 99% x 2.

My beliefs are that there is no set age to have sex. I know in England the legal age is 16, and in other parts of Europe it's 14. But it all comes down to when you're ready. Everybody develops at different speeds. But if you're physically ready, mentally ready, knowing full well what's involved, and actually wanting to have sex then they're of the right age.

Sex is the most important thing in the world, it makes the world go round. Without it, nobody would be alive. But sex is also important in relationships. Sex represents an intimate physical bond between the two people and can be considered physically showing how you feel by providing pleasure for the other person, hence the term "making love". I couldn't have a relationship with someone without sex, because I know I'd be missing out on so much.

Also, sex is just too **** awesome XD
    you might be right (the last part was a little to much though) but some girls get pregnant under presser by their friends or boyfriends, and some girls go way to fast.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I'm going to ignore rape here because it's really not the girl's fault that she got raped. She might have made a bad choice to walk alone at night or go to the party, but it's not like she intended to have sex. At any rate, very few women who get raped conceive, especially if they go to the doctor the next day.

With that out of the way...

I personally believe that sex should be saved for marriage, as it's an act of unity. Therefore, I can't condone having sex at all before you are married, let alone having a child.
    It's not healthy for a child to grow up with such a young mother, especially if the father doesn't decide to stick around. Children need to have a stable family life with a mother and a father, so having only a single mother who is a teen is a big problem in my opinion.

If people do decide to have sex out of marriage, they should take extreme caution and protect themselves so they don't get pregnant.
    And if they do get pregnant I think the best choice is putting the child up for adoption. That way the child has the possibility of growing up in an environment suitable for him.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    yaminokaitou said:
    And if they do get pregnant I think the best choice is putting the child up for adoption. That way the child has the possibility of growing up in an environment suitable for him.
    What if the girl wants to have the child? What if she wants to be able to love, care for, protect and raise her own child? I strongly disagree that all teenage pregnancies should be put up for adoption. People have different beliefs and different strengths. Some people may want to put their child up for adoption. Yet some people wouldn't be able to bear the thought of their own baby, which they carried around and supported for 9 months, to be with another family. Some people may want to abort the pregnancy. Some people would never even consider something like an abortion. And, thus, some people would want to keep the child and raise it by themselves if need be. Turning a mistake into a blessing. You can't paint all people with the same brush. There is no definitive right or wrong solution to teen pregnancies, it's whatever is right for each individual person.

Personally, I'd never consider abortion and I disagree with adoption. If my girlfriend were to get pregnant, I'd accept my responsibilities as a man and be a father to that child, supporting the baby and my girlfriend to the best of my ability. Just because I believe in that doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong, it just means we're different.

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
    Do I support teen pregnancy? Of course not, but I do not condemn it either.

When a teenage girl becomes pregnant it is not all her fault, remember kids it takes two to have a child. When a teen voluntarily has sex with another without thinking of the dangers and consequences (such as STDs and the troubles of raisign a child when one is still a child themselves) and becomes pregnant I believe that the two should figure out a solution to their problem, I believe that abortion is not an anwer to this problem, for this scenario I cannot show pity for the younge couple.
    But when a girl is taken advantage of (such as rape, sexual abuse, and from pressure from the male) it is not her fault, and in that case I can pity the girl because she has been through somthing that no one ever deserves to go through.
    As for your sister, if she is ready to raise this child then you should give her all the support you can because she will need it. If she chooses adoption than she will also be needing much support for that decision. What I am trying to say is that whatever she chooses to do be there for her and help her out because this will be a big event in her life and she will need her family to support her along the way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I don't condone premartial sex, and especially not teen pregnancy. Our generation needs to get less hindsight and more foresight.

As a side note, I hate how sexually active teens are these days.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Teen pregnancy... Tough topic. There's a girl in my Expos class who is one of the most responsible mothers I know. Having the child also caused her major health problems. It's a shades-of-grey issue. Legal age of consent in CO is 16, so that aspect is less debatable, but the rest... It should be taken on a case-by-case basis.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    Boys these days are gross. They get a girl pregenant and then they leave her for someone else and do the same thing to other women.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    WTF? Seriously, are you that immature to actually believe that? If boys are "gross" for getting girls pregnant then what the hell would you call a girl that lets some guy have sex with her without using protection? Sex requires two people, therefore it is the responsibility of both participants to ensure they are well protected. I'd even say the responsibility leans more towards the girl, since if she were to get pregnant she'd have no choice but to deal with it, whether that be childbirth or abortion. Whereas the guy has the option of being a cowardly bastard and leaving.

And I've never heard of a boy going round and getting different girls pregnant and then moving on. That's just stupid. And quite idiotic.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    my mum had me when she was only seventeen and she has done fine handeling everything. but i dont think teenage pregnacy is a good thing if you dont have a job and no money to pay for his things

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I say, unless you were raped(in which case you should recieve support to care for the child) if you consented to the act that created the child, you should deal with the consequences. You dont just get pregnant like you get the flu you know.

Back