• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That dreaded topic: religion

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    lol
    Alana said:
    Not all Atheists choose to be Atheists. You can't force yourself to believe in something you don't think exists.
    You're CHOOSING not to think (believe) God exists.

Also, I don't like the word "force." I prefer persuade.

Alana said:
    If you don't believe in God then chances are, you never will.
    Chances are? Since when were there ever statistics on people who don't believe in God one day believing in him? Most religions and denominations teach their followers to pull nonbelievers to their cause so if anything what you said is more than likely reversed.

Alana said:
    It is not someone's fault they're Atheist any more than it's someone's fault their Christian.
    Again, yes it is. People choose what they want to believe. Also, the use of the word "fault" really isn't appropriate unless you're speaking of specific places in Africa or other foreign countries where people are killed for believing in God. Assuming the role of the murdering lunatic, you could then say, "It was their fault they died, they were Christians."

Alana said:
    A Christian can't force themself not to believe in God, right?
    And why not? Many people grow up under the care of conservative parents force feeding them the bible. Those same children grow up and decide to reject anything holy. That's pretty much a good example persuading or "forcing" yourself not to believe.

Alana said:
    So how can an Atheist force themself to believe? And why do you think Atheists would go to hell?
    First of all, if you're atheist you probably don't believe in a hell anyway. Let's just assume for a minute that hell and God do exist. Why wouldn't atheists go to hell? Since atheists don't believe in either, and since God wants you to believe in him or rot in hell, I'd say being an atheist is a sure fire way to go there.

Alana said:
    If God is truly great, do you really think he'd care if you believed or not?
    You're so smart.

Alana said:
    Or would God look at what the person did in life and determine whether they deserve to go to hell or not?
    It's not really a question that can be answered. It simply boils down to if that's what you (CHOOSE) to believe or not.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Then you could say, "It was their fault they died, they were Christians."

Not to be rude, but, you probably should have said that differently.
    They died because of what they believed, yes. But, their fault they died? Not at all. It's the ignorant people that killed them that are at fault. They are killing people because the people who are getting killed are trying to save people from being corrupted by Satan. They are called MARTYRS.
    martyr: One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.

Those people are not at fault. They should be in magazines and newspapers and on the news, instead of the pathetic actors and singers that are so corrupted by money and sin. They died for something.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    It doesn't matter to me what anyone beleives in, I can't save them, they have to save themeselves...in the end all I can do is preach...but even then I feel like I would be forcing it on them...so I pray...but no matter what anyone beleives in I am happy that they beleive in something.

Yeah thats it...plain and simple.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    G-Man (The_Pokemon_Hossier) said:
    Not to be rude, but, you probably should have said that differently.
    They died because of what they believed, yes. But, their fault they died? Not at all. It's the ignorant people that killed them that are at fault. They are killing people because the people who are getting killed are trying to save people from being corrupted by Satan. They are called MARTYRS.
    martyr: One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.

Those people are not at fault. They should be in magazines and newspapers and on the news, instead of the pathetic actors and singers that are so corrupted by money and sin. They died for something.
    *rolls eyes*
    Not to be rude, but I ment it to sound raw on purpose. And I realize nobody is at fault, I was simply trying to make a point. Sorry the idea of christians being murdered in cold blood offended you, but it happens all the time. It's real.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Uh, yeah, you don't think I know that it happens all the time?
    I'm not really gunna bother arguing about this matter of religion anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Why would it be their fault that they're Christians? Why would it be the fault of atheists that they are like that? Or Buddhists?

And Chase Leader, why would you want to save them?

I think that every religion is fine, just as long as it's used for good.

Back