• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That dreaded topic: religion

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    ^^That's really stupid.

It's not their fault they're athiests?
    WTF, they chose to be athiest.

And, I never said anything about atheists going to hell, I said I'd rather take a chance with God, then not take a chance and wind up in hell.

I do respect others. That's why I didn't say any religion sucks, ect. ect.

The post above is why I hate topics like this. -_-
    People that are too young or too stupid to understand what a simple post means.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    G-Man (The_Pokemon_Hossier) said:
    ^^That's really stupid.

It's not their fault they're athiests?
    WTF, they chose to be athiest.

And, I never said anything about atheists going to hell, I said I'd rather take a chance with God, then not take a chance and wind up in hell.

I do respect others. That's why I didn't say any religion sucks, ect. ect.

The post above is why I hate topics like this. -_-
    People that are too young or too stupid to understand what a simple post means.

Not all Atheists choose to be Atheists. You can't force yourself to believe in something you don't think exists. If you don't believe in God then chances are, you never will. It is not someone's fault they're Atheist any more than it's someone's fault their Christian. A Christian can't force themself not to believe in God, right? So how can an Atheist force themself to believe? And why do you think Atheists would go to hell? If God is truly great, do you really think he'd care if you believed or not? Or would God look at what the person did in life and determine whether they deserve to go to hell or not?

Last edited:

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Okay, I'm putting my foot down here. Quit arguing, please. This thread is NOT for arguments between religions. Atheists can be atheists, that is their free choice. Chrisians can choose to believe whether or not the believe that atheists choose their "religion". No more fighting, thank you.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Nagoyaka Aikouka said:
    Okay, I'm putting my foot down here. Quit arguing, please. This thread is NOT for arguments between religions. Atheists can be atheists, that is their free choice. Chrisians can choose to believe whether or not the believe that atheists choose their "religion". No more fighting, thank you.

I agree. You guys don't have to post here you know. :\

Athiests are people that don't believe in gods. Period.

Years
    There are two different types of Atheists.

1. "I don't believe in God, but it's possible."

And the ornery atheist.

2. "I don't believe in God, and I don't wanna believe in God, it's possible, but I still won't believe in God, ever.

Alana

Years
    True, but there's also a third.

3. "I don't believe in God and I don't think it's possible. I also don't think I'll ever believe. There's just too much evidence against it.."

But don't go by me. I'm an oddball in everything. However, the same is true for all religions. The three different "types" would all say different things but they would be similar. Still, anyone who blindly follows any belief is a fool. You should always know why you believe the way you do.

((I wasn't fighting...:\))

Years
    No, I guess you weren't. I suppose these three are just "models" for most people.

But I didn't hear what you thought, and what religon you believe in?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    bna_li said:
    There are two different types of Atheists.

1. "I don't believe in God, but it's possible."

And the ornery atheist.

2. "I don't believe in God, and I don't wanna believe in God, it's possible, but I still won't believe in God, ever.

Uhh, I think you're thinking of 1. An agnostic person, and 2. An agnostic person who also happens to be a jackass.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Agreed. bna_li, my apologies but that showed a remarkable lack of understanding of atheism, agnosticism, and even deism to som degree.

Alana

Years
    I don't believe in God. I haven't for a very long time. I think that I did once, when I was five, but eventually I just stopped. I was never a very strong believer and I'm pretty sure I only believed because I was too young to question it.

Last edited:
    Years
    ~Ozy~ said:
    Agreed. bna_li, my apologies but that showed a remarkable lack of understanding of atheism, agnosticism, and even deism to som degree.
    Perhaps. I do not try to contend that I understand all of "atheism, agnosticism, and even deism"
    Not gonna fight this one.
    That was merely my opinion.

To AllStories: Dude... you using that avatar again?! How long have you had that.

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    I'm an atheist, but even though I don't believe in God, I do belive in reincarnation. I used to believe there was a God, when I was about four or five, but not really anymore. Back then, I think I just belived because my neighbors did. ^-^

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I know someone who is 14 and was a Catholic all her life. At 14 she stopped believing in God. She doesn't find it possible.

And this thread isn't for arguing? Erm...then why was this thread even created? Debates are done this way. It's a very normal thing. But there ARE limits of course.

Years
    Sure, you can't go around without a proper argument and just saying someone's beliefs are stupid. That's whack.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    I'm Jewish, and one of the few in our school. Personally, I like my religion, but then again, sometimes I feel utterly alone...I have Christian friends, and very few Jewish friends if I don't count my cousins. But hey, what can you do? 'sides, I LOVE being different!

Lord Mike

Years
    I personally think that in religion it doesn't matter if you're different or not.

Well, to some figures throughout history, it made a huge difference. I'll just take Adolf Hitler as an example. Hitler and his Nazi Party killed a total of 6 million Jews.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    WG, all that matters is that if you want to be Jewish.

I wish I had different friends that worshipped other religions. ^.^

Lord Mike

Years
    I took a geograph class last year and 60% of the class was spent talking about Buddhism, Christian, Hinduism, Jewdism, and Muslim followers.

Back