• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That dreaded topic: religion

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Ah yes, Adam and Eve.

But yesh...The Bible was written by people that were inspired by their religion.

And how about Noah's Ark?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Allstories said:
    Please, quit posting these nonsense, one-lined statements. No one cares about postcount anymore.

Lol. When did you become a moderater?

I was just agreeing that some theories that have existed since the BCs don't all seem to make logical sense.

By the way, mini-modding is so annoying. :tired:

Years
    YoMama said:
    Lol. When did you become a moderater?

I was just agreeing that some theories that have existed since the BCs don't all seem to make logical sense.

By the way, mini-modding is so annoying. :tired:
    I could not agree more. ****, why's it gotta be this way... I mean, it's not cool to get on each other's backs...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Red530 said:
    And how about Noah's Ark?

Noah's Ark there is at least some historical precedence for. All religions originating in that region have a flood story and from the recovery of those records, they all date to about the same time period. Whether or not the particulars are true, the aspect of a massive flood is not solely conjecture.

Years
    ~Ozy~ said:
    Noah's Ark there is at least some historical precedence for. All religions originating in that region have a flood story and from the recovery of those records, they all date to about the same time period. Whether or not the particulars are true, the aspect of a massive flood is not solely conjecture.
    I heard they found it in some mountains, can't remember what happened...

Kakashi Sensei

はたけカカシ
    Years
    They did find it. They didn't do anything to it though. They are just still trying to figure out if it is the ark or not. But what they have found is the remains of a boat that would make titanic look like some kids toy boat to this thing!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    bna_li said:
    I could not agree more. ****, why's it gotta be this way... I mean, it's not cool to get on each other's backs...
    Okay, cut the swearing. Even when it's censored, it's still against the rules of the forum. And you, Allstories, YoMama, and anyone else for that matter, really need to quit getting offtopic. Next time anyone makes an offtopic post with nothing relating to the actual topic in it, they're getting a warning, alright?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Kakashi Sensei said:
    They did find it. They didn't do anything to it though. They are just still trying to figure out if it is the ark or not. But what they have found is the remains of a boat that would make titanic look like some kids toy boat to this thing!

Well, in all fairness that doesn't necessarily point to the divine. Chinese junks of the Han Dynasty Were massive in size as well and employed seprate watertight compartments and onboard gardens capable of producing produce for the entire ship. Furthermore, the typically given measurement for the Ark is (correct me if I'm wrong) 40 cubits. The typically accepted Israeli/Judaic cubit is just under 18 inches, pointing to an estimate size for the Ark of 60 feet.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    *~Ashley~* said:
    Okay, cut the swearing. Even when it's censored, it's still against the rules of the forum. And you, Allstories, YoMama, and anyone else for that matter, really need to quit getting offtopic. Next time anyone makes an offtopic post with nothing relating to the actual topic in it, they're getting a warning, alright?

Sorry about that Ashley. :)

Anyway, didn't they find Noah's Ark in like the Dead Sea or something?

Years
    YoMama said:
    Sorry about that Ashley. :)

Anyway, didn't they find Noah's Ark in like the Dead Sea or something?
    You're such a good boy. I hate playing by the rules. Can't see how asterisks are gonna hurt kids.

No, they found it in some icy mountains.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Yes, I remember seeing that on a Discovery channel program.

A global flood could have been possible. Maybe there was global warming at that specific time? We don't know at all.

Years
    I'm not even going to try and explain this one, it's way too long. I watched a video about this and it was so boring...

Years
    I'm a Christian, a Mennonite, to be specific. It's interesting to see everyone's opinions, and I tend to agree with both bna_li and Nagoyaka Aikouka, who both bring up many goood points. I beleive that we should respect other peoples religions.
    Yeah, that was weird/cool that they found Noah's ark.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I wish this haden't been made, religious topics are what make me hate going on Forums.

But, I'm a Christian, and I like being a Christian.
    Nothing's gunna change my views.
    I don't get what the point of being an athiest is, I mean, I'd rather take a chance (if I wasn't a Christian) with being a Christian, then not being a Christian and when I died, there being a Heaven (which there is), then going to hell.

That's my opinion, like I said, I hate threads like this, but this one sparked my interest.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I'm sorry that you hate topics like this, but as I said, this is a place to express views, not force them on anyone else.

And whether or not I have mentioned it, I figure I'll do it again, as something interesting happened to me while I was gone last week. I was at a camp, and all of a sudden, I think it was like I first started seeing and hearing. I heard things that I'd never heard before. I was sleeping... or at least, about to sleep, and all of a sudden, I could hear the crickets outside, smell the slight chance of rain flitting across the wind, hear my roomie's quiet breathing... It was slightly amazing.

And that's something that happens in Buddhism, if I'm not mistaken.

*laughs* So maybe I'm not strictly Christian. Basically, I believe that all religions intertwine. And thus, I take a little from each one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    G-Man (The_Pokemon_Hossier) said:
    I wish this haden't been made, religious topics are what make me hate going on Forums.

But, I'm a Christian, and I like being a Christian.
    Nothing's gunna change my views.
    I don't get what the point of being an athiest is, I mean, I'd rather take a chance (if I wasn't a Christian) with being a Christian, then not being a Christian and when I died, there being a Heaven (which there is), then going to hell.

That's my opinion, like I said, I hate threads like this, but this one sparked my interest.

Um..That part about being an atheist...You're not making sense.

Sometimes it's not their fault that their atheists.

If you're such a Christian, G-Man, why don't you respect others? It's none of your businesses to say that atheists have a possibility of going to Hell.

And yes, I agree with NA (Nagoyaka Aikouka).

Back