• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Gag is Getting Old!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Ah, yes, gags. There have been many in the past, like Brock flirting with many girls and getting pulled by his ear. Butch's name being said incorrectly, and of course, all those dumb Team Rocket gags. So, of all the running gags, which ones did you like, and which ones did you get tired of? Are there any you miss?

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I liked the gags with Brock, and I loved when Team Rocket broke the 4th wall.

Guest123_x1

Probably my favorite running gag was Butch having to correct James with "My name's Butch! Can't you get anything right?" every time Butch and Cassidy appeared. The aforementioned Jessie/James/Meowth breaking the fourth wall on occasion was really enjoyable as well.

I wasn't all that crazy about Misty's Psyduck coming out whenever another Pokémon of hers was called instead, and Brock's Sam Malone*-style womanizing got annoying at times, but thankfully, Misty pulling him by the ear mostly nullified that.
    Also on the really annoying list was when Team Rocket would dig pitfall traps that Ash and his group would accidentally walk into.

The standard Team Rocket motto was pretty tiring, although I did like when they modified it to fit a particular situation they were in (my favorite being in A Goldenrod Opportunity, when they were caught eating more than just "free samples" and were eventually ordered to work to pay for everything they ate).

*For those not in the know, Sam Malone was the starring character in the 1982-93 sitcom Cheers, played by Ted Danson.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Ash losing each generation

If a gag is funny, I don't have a problem, such as Brock and women/being denied. If it's not, like Bonnie continuously proposing, then it gets old quick.

I also like it when TR add little variations to their catchphrase. I dislike hearing the standard motto every single time.

Years
    I hated the gag where Team Rocket would send out Pokemon and James' Cacnea or Victreebel would attack him instead it pissed me off so much yo I was at the point where I wanted blaziken to just char those b!tches into coal just stop cacnea goddamit

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I thought that gag was funny with Victrebell because it would eat James and scream, but yes it wasn't as funny with Cacnea.

Back