• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That is... so.... UTTERLY STUPID!!

TY

You cant play this game without people being vote-kicked. Seriously someone even gets votekicked for being new to a game. The community is even worse than any other game in existence... Dont play this gamemode EVER with random people.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    What I find stupid is the DBZ fans who keep buying the lazy designed mediocre Dragon Ball Z games. I saw a trailer for the new one that's coming out and that game looks super dated both in graphics and gameplay, but is still gonna sell decently which shouldn't be the case for such a game. This is why these games will never get any serious development, there's no reason to, as long as fans keep blindly buying these games they will stay mediocre.

The same seems to be happening to Ultimate Ninja Storm games but they are not at that level yet.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Grand Theft Auto.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those 'hipsters' who will shun a game just because it becomes popular. Honestly I love playing Minecraft, for example. But if a game is wildly popular and it actually sucks, then there's certainly a problem.

Kinda like Minecraft? ;) Many entries in the GTA franchise have been great games, but that's just my opinion... and that of most game critics ;D

And something I find kind of stupid is when people generalize, such as when people say they hate the FPS genre and everything in that genre is terrible. While yes, too many FPS games are the same cookie-cutter WW2 game, what about the one's that are actually really good?
    The Bioshock Franchise, the Half Life Franchise, the Borderlands Franchise, the Far Cry Franchise, the list goes on.

the old CoDs weren't that bad

Hmmm... other than that, the recycling that CoD does and Gaming Elitists :3 that's all

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    CoD, angry birds(which is just a rip-off of Crush the Castle), all of those sports games(aside from mario & sonic at the olympic games). seriously, why the heck would you even bother playing a video game of a sport rather then just going outside and playing the sport? heck, CoD actually makes more sense in that aspect. actually playing the sport ain't going to war. the only ones who should even bother playing those video games are the ones unable to play the sports.
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the people who play these sport games actually do play the sport as well (or are into them but can't play them much due to specific reasons)?

I haven't seen a single person who played FIFA that doesn't play football in real life as well. What a ridiculous statement to make. What if I'm in a boxing mood but the gym's not open? Or I wanna do something football related but it's raining outside? :/ On top of that, the sports game are nothing like real sports. Last I checked I have one specific position to play in real life Baseball, not be everyone at the same time. I mean, you might as well complain about watching sports instead of playing them.

Either way, surprised no one mentioned the whole Forza 5 microtransaction.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • During the Call of Duty: Ghosts MP Preview, the guy announced there would no longer be Death Streaks and like, 3, maybe 4 people clapped in the entire room. And there's a good 500 some-odd people in that room.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the people who play these sport games actually do play the sport as well (or are into them but can't play them much due to specific reasons)?

I haven't seen a single person who played FIFA that doesn't play football in real life as well. What a ridiculous statement to make. What if I'm in a boxing mood but the gym's not open? Or I wanna do something football related but it's raining outside? :/ On top of that, the sports game are nothing like real sports. Last I checked I have one specific position to play in real life Baseball, not be everyone at the same time. I mean, you might as well complain about watching sports instead of playing them.

watching sports rather then playing them is also redundant. i don't see how playing football in the rain is much of a problem, a little water doesn't hurt anyone.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    watching sports rather then playing them is also redundant. i don't see how playing football in the rain is much of a problem, a little water doesn't hurt anyone.

How is watching sports redundant? Watching sports is not a replacement to playing them, they are two different enjoyable activities so it's not a choice to either do one or the other. This is like saying that to enjoy watching somebody do something you can do is redundant, that's just silly.

Years
  • watching sports rather then playing them is also redundant. i don't see how playing football in the rain is much of a problem, a little water doesn't hurt anyone.

You've obviously never slipped on wet grass or pavement while playing a sport, it would seem! I haven't, either, but I've seen a few people injure themselves while doing so even among friends, so it's a risky proposition to play any sport in the rain if one's livelihood depends on being able to walk everyday.

Hard to tell if you're 'murican or from that island cluster near Europe full of people who claim to speak English. :P Either way, though, my statement applies (and even if you're not from either it still applies), and I've played both in school on the fields on rainy days before... before they told us we're high-tailing it inside so no one sprains an ankle.

Anyway, back on topic, I find gamers who whine, moan, generalize, and insult other gamers for liking games they don't like to be the most obnoxious. With the exception of those who only whine about poorly made movie or toy franchise tie-in games because with the high budgets those tend to get, you'd think they'd put out something decent on a more consistent basis.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Games like FIFA, CoD and Battlefield.

The latter two have no good story at all, and the first one is full of little kids that spam "skills" all the time, and mostly they spend tons of money on the game too (no wonder EA is so rich >_>)
    I don't see why a game is stupid because of the story, weren't those games made for their multi-player modes? I mean, those arguments also work well against Pokemon.

Lil' kids screaming how good they are because they got mega Mewtwo, and pretty much the same story for the past fifteen years.

TY

I don't see why a game is stupid because of the story, weren't those games made for their multi-player modes? I mean, those arguments also work well against Pokemon.

Lil' kids screaming how good they are because they got mega Mewtwo, and pretty much the same story for the past fifteen years.

Well their stories were good (FIFA never had a story at all so that game asides) early on, but many sequels later it just got rubbish. They became too lazy with the story, most likely creating it as last, and focus on Multiplayer... And some people cant play Multiplayer at all if they dont have Internet so its basically wasting money.

Modern Warfare was the last CoD with a good story.
    And the last Battlefield was Bad Company 2.

They work indeed well against any game that more focuses on Multiplayer than on the story, and i used those games as a example.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    seriously, why the heck would you even bother playing a video game of a sport rather then just going outside and playing the sport?

Because I don't wanna break any legs or die in an avalanche when I want to snowboard.
    And neither do I want pay 100+ euro to get to a snow dedicated country for a short time when I can get a video game of it for just €29,99.

Years
  • Well, a lot of people who play FIFA would have plenty to say here. There are many stupid decision made in the game by the AI and it can get really frustrating. Seriously, some of the things that happen are just embarrassing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really like it when players make strange noises with their mic on Call of Duty. I've never seen this kind of things being done in other games aside from CoD. xD"

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Everything related to fps games. xD It all seems so stupid to me. I always here about the things people say in those games o_o Like really....There's also the whole thing with characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening. They don't have feet. Which is very stupid. xD

TY

I don't really like it when players make strange noises with their mic on Call of Duty. I've never seen this kind of things being done in other games aside from CoD. xD"

Oh i see it happen in GTA V, and in Borderlands, and even in StarCraft if someone has a mic.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Games or the gaming world? In both, many many many casualties of stupidity.

Like: Checking how deep can you dig in minecraft and exiting the world, Spamming with the rifle in "The last of us", only to get cross-fired by 2 different people from the sides (sorry dude who got killed by me :) ), Killing the boss yourself in TERA only to die by a lvl 1 pig...yeah.
    ALOT.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • If you can't follow the Battlefield 3 story I have some bad news for you. . ., koff~

You know, what bugs me is when people like to slash the B3 story. Yeah, sure, it jumps over the place, but so does a QT film. You get lost there? The story isn't confusing, it isn't difficult to grasp. COD stories, however. . . I've never known why they killed that poor astronaut, why that one guy let the missile launch even though he could stop it, and why nobody dies from ash inhalation or radiation poisoning in COD. . .

As a gun owner and as one who can look at why it's ridiculous to arm a small group of soldiers each with their own predator drones and tactical nukes. . . that is a ridiculous game. Who thought it'd be a smart idea to do that? Also, no gravity for bullets is a major fall for the COD games, no selectable alternate fire (single, burst, automatic), and bipods that do absolutely nothing. I'll stick with planes, tanks, boats, gravity, and soldiers that don't carry around nukes in their pocket thanks.

*Tangent incoming* Also, the stupidest game I've ever played was the Last of Us. Abso-frickin-lutely. Crafting a 'shiv'? You mean a knife? Like billions of knives that are in every single goddamn American home? And your little follower gets a switchblade that never breaks? Seems like that makes total sense to me. I've never been so bored with a game in my entire life. It fools people with it's fake integration and 'plausible' replayability. It isn't there folks. Stop looking for it and play yourself some Metal Slug. Or Battletoads, or Contra, or Tetris, or literally anything else you have in your gaming library. I swear I knew I was going to sell the piece of junk as soon as I started playing it. By the gods, they have some issues with their AI programming. The game sucks. 10 out of 10? Only in their dreams. My score? 2/10. Nothing but the graphics stand out for me. The story? Please. Have you read a zombie book in the past year or two? Went to the cinema? It's not new or unique at all, and boy does thinking about it get me pissed, koffi~

TY

You know, what bugs me is when people like to slash the B3 story. Yeah, sure, it jumps over the place, but so does a QT film. You get lost there? The story isn't confusing, it isn't difficult to grasp. COD stories, however. . . I've never known why they killed that poor astronaut, why that one guy let the missile launch even though he could stop it, and why nobody dies from ash inhalation or radiation poisoning in COD. . .

Ahem, let me be really clear, and also there is a spoiler in this.
    Spoiler:

Back