• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That One Boss.

Years
    (Note: It can pertain to any trainer, actually. Even Youngster Joey can apply!)

That one trainer. Who always kicks your ass. Who is he/she, I wonder...

I will admit, I actually lost in B/W. Ghetsis and his broken Hydreigon are forcing me to train my own Zweilous and Co. to be on par.

But nowhere near the nightmare of Blue...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    R/S Norman was very tough for me because of his Slaking. Wallace is also here because his Milotic was hard to take down.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first time through Sapphire, I had trouble with EVERY gym leader. I think Hoenn had the toughest leaders, to be honest. And Brendan/May kicked my ass on the route below Cycling Road all the time. Not so much anymore, but man, back in the day. Phew.

And Ghetis omg. I beat him my first try in White, but did they honestly have to give him a Hydreigon that was ten levels below when it was supposed to evolve? Completely broken. Should have given that to Alder, because...he sucks. lol

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I'm playing through Sapphire right now and Wattson's Magneton is destroying me due to having no one on my team who can cause any decent damage to it but, I've never had more trouble with any trainer more than I had trouble with Cynthia.

Years
    To respond to the myriad of replies about Ghetsis, I did beat him on the first go, but his Hydreigon would have swept me, had my Unfezant not killed it/he used a full restore when it had 1% (somewhere around that) HP left.
    I remember I lost to Agatha and Lance a lot, during my first playthrough of LeafGreen, granted, I was 8, but they still give me trouble now.
    I also hate fighting may on Route 112, even Gary Oak didn't evolve his starter at Lv. 18, and people call her a weak rival. Those people must have been biased because her evolved starter wiped the floor with them, as it usually does with me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Many of the older fans will be familiar with using Charmander, and only Charmander, against Brock...

Hehe.

Artemis Enzeru

Neo-Human
    Years
    Somehow, Lance has managed to hand me my ass in non-remake Gold, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Fire Red. I remember being so frustrated and irritated that I leveled up my Typhlosion, taught him Thunderpunch, and used him to decimate Lance's team. Deeply satisfying.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    Red in Gold is always a pain to take out. On my playthrough with just my lv 61 Pinsir and Heracross I ended up buying X Speeds and X Attacks, killing Pikachu with Pinsir, pumping up my Heracross against Red's Venusaur, slaughtering it with Megahorn, Enduring his Charizard's flamethrower and sweeping the floor with him with Reversal.

Never before had I had to use X Items in my 11 year career with Pokemon.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I remember the first gym trainer that really was a pain in the ass was Norman. (supposedly, my/our dad)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I remember the Psychic gym leaders in my ruby been an annoyance... I started with Blaziken who was the main powerhouse and he got sweeped with ease -__- The fact they was two little kids made it worse! O.o

Back