• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Pokemon Doesn't Work in that Region!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    I like this topic. I'll have to take a look at each region again.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    Now that I think about it, Furfrou doesn't really fit in Alola. The idea of wild poodles just roaming around was weird enough already, but to have them in a tropical region based off of Hawaii...🤔

KommissarLT

KaiserGreed
    Years
    Blitzle being found in Unova doesn't make sense since you don't see wild zebras around New York City.

Speaking of which, Girafarig being located in Johto wouldn't make sense giraffes can't be found in the Kansai region of Japan (the area that Johto is inspired by)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Unown being located anywhere in the Pokemon world is kinda weird tbh. :/

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Pokémon like Claydol, Yamask, or fossil Pokémon make sense for ruins. If Unown were like, hieroglyphs, than I'd totally see where you're coming from. But the modern American alphabet just.. I dunno man, it's too meta for me.

Nothing but respect for 'em though! I like Unown too I just don't see them fitting into the Pokémon world as seamlessly as others.

Last edited:
    Years
    To be fair, supposedly the Unown pre-dated any sort of writing system, and they were actually the inspiration for the Latin alphabet in the Pokemon universe. Then again, why they'd inspire the Latin alphabet in a Japanese based region is beyond me, haha.

Also, while I get there are a bunch of Ice types near Mount Lanakila in Alola to balance out the game, most of these Pokemon seem out of place for such a tropical region (especially Delibird, who just seem to show up wherever on the islands).

Back