• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Wait so what does the club nintendo points do for the 3DS shop? Cause I finally put my login in (hehe I forgot it). And my balence is still 0$ so idk if it adds money. What is it for?

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I love my 3DS so far. I'm trying to get Excitebike. Oh, and I found an awesome Super Smash Bros. Styled game for it! Check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

:P it's pretty awesome.

P.S. I don't know if this is true, but on the e-shop, there's something called Link's Awakening, and in there, there's supposed to be a side-scrolling level where you smash goombas and koopas. Can anbody verify that?

Years
  • I love the Pokedex, because aside from the 3D videos, it is the best simple display of 3D and the graphics on the 3DS, and is a great way to introduce friends to the system.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • They should if they haven't already owned up to their screw up with the updates as well. They pushed them back and then when the day when the updates were supposed to happen they didn't so then it went down the next day(which isn't that big of a deal). I'm just glad Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is now out. I did enjoy playing Samurai Warriors though, I thought it was just as good as any of the other launch titles.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I'll finally be getting one for my own! I already bought myself a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. It was the last copy they had at the store I went. And considering how hard I've been hearing it is to find already I'm considering myself lucky I was able to get my hands on it a mere 2 days ago.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Nintendo is being sued by an old sony employee... nothing suprising there.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • So apparently Netflix is available on eShop. Although it's probably not going to be too fulfilling of a watch on 3DS though. How long has it been available cause I haven't been to eShop in about a week? If I was a member I would try it out though. Seems like Nintendo is finally making use of the eShop, although a lot of the games don't appeal to me that much.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Although I do agree with the games not being that great. I am glad with that they have done so far. There is a lot of content, maybe not amazing content, but much better than how the Dsi started. With 3D game trailers being available too. I hope they can expand even more with it, I'm looking forward to this so called television service, let's just hope they don't go overboard.

Hey, it's free isn't it?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Got the Netflix. :D It's not bad at all. Watched me some Fullmetal Alchemist, the resolution is decent enough to appreciate it. Live-action stuff is a little fuzzy, I guess.

I don't think having it on the 3DS adds to your bill. We're already paying for Netflix for the Wii, and it hasn't told me about adding any other fees yet.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Is there any movies that are their to maximize the 3D functions with? If so that would be interesting to watch.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I love my 3DS so far. I'm trying to get Excitebike. Oh, and I found an awesome Super Smash Bros. Styled game for it! Check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

:P it's pretty awesome.

P.S. I don't know if this is true, but on the e-shop, there's something called Link's Awakening, and in there, there's supposed to be a side-scrolling level where you smash goombas and koopas. Can anbody verify that?

Link's Awakening has many enemies from other Nintendo games and also at least one side-scrolling part as I just went through it in the first dungeon. I saw Goombas but no sign of Koopa Troopas yet, there's also Chain-Chomps called Bow-Wows, I just saved one person's Bow-Wow and he asked me to take it to a walk, he can eat the enemies if he sees one :)
    I can already say that it's pretty good game. If you like other Zelda games or even if you're new to them but like same kind of games, you should try it.

The Hatter

twisted dimensions ::~
    Years
  • I downloaded Netflix this week, it's pretty nifty. I love the resolution with anime and cartoons, Iron Man: Armored Adventures looks wonderful on it. And, like Åzurε said, live action stuff is a little blurry. But not enough to make me not watch it.

I want to download some other games, is Link's Awakening fun?

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I want to download some other games, is Link's Awakening fun?

Take a look at my previous post :)

Waiting for Pokémon games to appear on eShop, I have still money on 3DS for one GB/C game and there's Mario's Picross and soon Game & Watch collection but I'm afraid that there will be even better VC game on next week if I go and buy Mario's Picross now.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Correction: Game and Watch Gallery. G&W Collection is the DS version released by Club Nintendo.

I've never seen Mario's Picross, but it sounds interesting. I so can't wait for Nintendo Video, though.

Sorry for my mistake. The game I meant to mention is Game & Watch Gallery :)
    Nintendo Video is nothing special at least for now. I hope it'll get better after some time.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yo: https://nintendo3dsblog.com/huge-price-drop-for-the-nintendo-3ds
    There is a huge price drop for the Nintendo 3DS that will soon sweep around the world. Starting from August 12th the Nintendo 3DS will cost only $169.99 in North America, $249.95 in Australia and 15,000 Yen in Japan
    And for those who already bought it:
    …will enable those Nintendo 3DS owners to download 10 NES games and 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free from the Nintendo eShop.
    So if you've already purchased the hardware, you'll be receiving twenty free games as a result of doing that.
    Sure, I like $100 cheaper prices myself but I won't complain about getting free games instead. =p (But... GBA games? That's something interesting in itself).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Nintendo Video will get better. E3 2010, they said stuff like Shawn the Sheep and other stuff will be coming. And Movie Trailers just look better in 3DS 3D. <3

Whaat. OH Pf. But free games dosent sound that bad. NES seems to quite the majority.. I dont like much of them, but get what you can.

Years
  • Wow, pretty interesting.
    It seems like this console is flopping a little, so they are trying to give it a boost.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what those games are.​

Back