• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 8000 legendries of Gen IV.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    He was referring to Base Stats - and for the record, the only pokemon to have 100 in every base stat are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin and Manaphy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    You know, why bother arguing about this? Where's it going to lead? If you like the Pokemon, go ahead, catch it and use it. If you don't, what's to say you have to? That's why you can faint them. Humanity can be rather stupid at times.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • You know, why bother arguing about this? Where's it going to lead? If you like the Pokemon, go ahead, catch it and use it. If you don't, what's to say you have to? That's why you can faint them. Humanity can be rather stupid at times.
    It's for discussion, not arguments. That's why we all registered in the first place. To discuss Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    You know, why bother arguing about this? Where's it going to lead? If you like the Pokemon, go ahead, catch it and use it. If you don't, what's to say you have to? That's why you can faint them. Humanity can be rather stupid at times.

I havn't heard of anyone arguing about it yet. So far, everyone is being really mature about it and just giving their opinions. Except for that one guy who hates people who thinks certain pokemon are ugly, lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The birds.
    ARTICUNO:
    I don't like this one in the old games, it was ugly, and didn't have good moves...

ZAPDOS:
    It's alright...

MOLTRES:
    I guess it's alright.

HO-OH:
    In R/S/E, FR/LG, DP/Pt, its sprite never changed; except its size.

LUGIA:
    It's attacks aren't half bad, I like it.

The psychic types:
    MEWTWO:
    I really hate its set moves. (Start moves.)

MEW:
    It's cute, but I wish it was obtainable in FR/LG.

CELEBI:
    Really cute, and has a decent move set.

LATIOS:
    It's cute, I guess.

LATIAS:
    Hard to capture.

JIRACHI:
    It should be obtainable in some way.

DEOXYS:
    It's alright, its battle music is nice.

UXIE:
    Its alright.

AZELF:

It's alright, I guess.

MESPRIT:
    Crappy move set.

CRESSELIA:
    It's a beautiful legendary Pokemon..

Others: I have no comments for the rest.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • People are really under-rating legendaries here. So some of them aren't exactly useful, like the Mirage Pokemon, but you can't say Darkrai is useless, can you? Darkrai is a very powerful Dark Pokemon with amazing abilities. You can put Pokemon to sleep and KO them in a few turns with Darkrai.

Heatran is very good. Excellent, actually. It provides you with a great moveset and perfect moves. It also has really high defense, perfect for resisting any Pokemon in your way.

Palkia is really useful, especially with its signature move, Spatial Rend. It has a high critical hit ratio, so you'll be able to 1-hit-KO more than usual. It also has great defense, something that shouldn't be sniffed at.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    He was referring to Base Stats - and for the record, the only pokemon to have 100 in every base stat are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin and Manaphy.

My mistake.

Heatran-
    Legend has it that Heatran was born from the flames of a volcano when Diagla, Palkia, and their relatives first created the universe. The lava from it pooled together to become Heatran.

He has some meaning, he was the result of the creation of the world. Cool.

Shaymin- Yeah, nothing. But, according to serebii, it's not classified as a legendary. Just rare.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • Has any one ever stopped and thought about this little detail, Pokemon legendaries are similar to the Greek/Roman gods.
    Arceus; ruler of all pokemon - Zeus; ruler of all
    Kyogre; ruler of the sea(or something like that) - Poseidon; ruler of the sea
    Dialgia; ruler of time - Chronos; ruler/creator of time
    etc, etc.

If you also look at Japanese mythology many of the gods are similar to the pokemon legendaries.

So, yes there might have been a lot of legendaries for this gen, but there are also more spin-off games that involve them. And isn't the whole point of pokemon to "catch em all", not complain because they put more pokemon that are a a bit more challenging than fighting bidoofs over and over again.
    This is what makes pokemon unique, you can never truly beat it. Ya you can beat the E4 and all the other goodies, but the pokemon will be there to train to higher levels, trainers will want to rebattle all over the region, and just because you have the legendaries in your PC dosent make you good at the game. You can never sit the game down and say there is nothing more for me to do or collect in this game, because there is always more. People dont complain when a shooter or other rpg has a huge number of bosses, because it makes it challenging and fun. But when pokemon does it people whine because there are so many legendaries/bosses.

damn you beat me but you said it in greater detail =)
    people have different opinions
    I like shaymin some don't ^^
    basically everything in the quote clears what I was gonna say XD

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    My mistake.

Heatran-
    Legend has it that Heatran was born from the flames of a volcano when Diagla, Palkia, and their relatives first created the universe. The lava from it pooled together to become Heatran.

He has some meaning, he was the result of the creation of the world. Cool.

Yeah, I know he has some meaning, but it's nothing particularly notable. It's not like being "the ancestor of all Pokemon" or "creator of the oceans".

Shaymin- Yeah, nothing. But, according to serebii, it's not classified as a legendary. Just rare.

It is a legendary Pokemon, for a start Bulbapedia says it's legendary, it's with lots of other legendaries in the National Dex, it's been confirmed as legendary in the Anime, and it wouldn't be an event-exclusive if it wasn't a legendary.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    I suppose. Oh, right, my input...

I don't really use legendaries. I use The Pixies occasionally, but not all that much. I just like them all, but I don't have room in my team to fit them in. :)

Back