• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
  • It will be interesting to see what the 1000 episode has in store.

Possibly the start to the new season as well, which might be what they are waiting on to change the SM opening.

I'm pretty sure that season will kick off Season 21 for the dub.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the confirmation with USUM being the final main series 3DS games and next will be on Switch, we can assume that Sun and Moon will likely last until at least the end of 2018 to Mid 2019. Unless they completely change up the show.

They said the Switch Game would be 2018 or later, which tells me it will probably be more so Spring or Summer 2019.

Years
  • With the confirmation with USUM being the final main series 3DS games and next will be on Switch, we can assume that Sun and Moon will likely last until at least the end of 2018 to Mid 2019. Unless they completely change up the show.

They said the Switch Game would be 2018 or later, which tells me it will probably be more so Spring or Summer 2019.

I can see what you mean, because 8th Gen will likely be another complete reboot to the franchise due to returning to a single screen for the first time since 3rd Gen. I'm guessing SM will now be the shortest anime saga, if that is an indication.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I can see what you mean, because 8th Gen will likely be another complete reboot to the franchise due to returning to a single screen for the first time since 3rd Gen. I'm guessing SM will now be the shortest anime saga, if that is an indication.

I didn't think of that, but I don't know if it will be a complete reboot. We thought the same thing about Sun and Moon, but it was pretty far from that. We didn't had a reboot till Unova, which was 6 games into the DS Era, so I don't know if we can go by it being a complete reboot.

But honestly, I wouldn't mind. I still wish we would get a Manga anime series.... but of course they aren't going to do that...... I just hope with the next saga, we actually get a female like White who wants to do something other than girly stuff.

Years
  • For those wondering who the English VAs of Sorrel and Verity from the new movie are... Sorrel is voiced by a guy named David Oliver Nelson, and Verity is voiced by Suzy Myers who is the VA of Burgundy, Chespin and the Alola Nurse Joys.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Haven't seen the movie yet(probably won't either) but good tidbit of information nevertheless. I'm beginning to wonder how far they intend to go with this season. Been looking back at the first few Seasons and some of them are quite long. Excluding Season 1 that spanned roughly 18 months(over 2 years when Orange Islands is included), not many went above 50 Episodes. A case can be made that the "first" season of Sun and Moon was 43 Episodes long and the "second" season of Sun and Moon started with the Aether Arc. Still ongoing and I intend to reserve judgment until its over but one thing that I can say, with relative certainty, is that Team Skull has been an abject disgrace of an Antagonist group so far. They haven't been in an Episode since 27(when Gladion was introduced) and haven't been in an Episode in a meaningful capacity since Episode 25. Meaning its been over 20 Episodes and not a sign of them.

I also had a dream in which May, Dawn and Serena all returned in a Coordinator/Performer theme mini-arc after this whole Aether Foundation mess blows over. Like with the trip to Kanto to demonstrate Gym's and Gym Battles, they will either travel to yet another region(say Hoenn since Coordinating originated there if memory serves(correct me if I'm mistaken)) or they shoehorn them in somehow. Alas, that's probably 40-50 Episodes off if it happens at all. Also wouldn't mind seeing Iris again but that's about as likely as Ash aging.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • When I said hell was about to break loose after returning from Kanto I wasn't expecting it to explode.

I was not expecting this part of the anime to accelerate so quickly. I thought it might be toward the end of the anime, but apparently Poni Island is next, not Ula'Ula.

I wonder if that means there will indeed be a Pokemon League.

But that isn't all, they are take a large amount of aspects from what we know from USUM, so I wonder if Team Rocket will have a major role and if all the bad guys will come back. But we haven't even see Guzma or the rest of Team Skull other than those 3 grunts.

So I have no idea what they are planning to do with the anime now... I don't know how they can continue for another year or year and a half.

Only going by episode titles, not actual show.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wait they're skipping Ula'ula entirely? Well that's clearly a bummer.

Anyways, this image came on Tumblr:
    Spoiler:

Looks like Ash's Rowlet and Litten will fully evolve, and so will Lana's Popplio if this is to go by. Remember that during the entire course of the anime, we've never had the main cast own all three fully evolved starters at once. The closest ones to come to that were Hoenn (Ash and May's starters fully evolved but not Brock's) and Sinnoh (Ash had two fully-evolved starters while Dawn's Piplup never evolved due to marketing reasons).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Spoiler:

Looks like Ash's Rowlet and Litten will fully evolve, and so will Lana's Popplio if this is to go by. Remember that during the entire course of the anime, we've never had the main cast own all three fully evolved starters at once. The closest ones to come to that were Hoenn (Ash and May's starters fully evolved but not Brock's) and Sinnoh (Ash had two fully-evolved starters while Dawn's Piplup never evolved due to marketing reasons).

Doesn't mean they're skipping the island, just means the Aether Arc is having the plot move towards Poni Island. If Rowlett and Litten fully evolve, I'll be mildly surprised. Popplio evolving is all but expected after Episode 40(when it evolves, those 2 recurring characters will return to give Lana another push development wise). At least Sun and Moon will give me something to watch while Star Wars Rebels goes on Holiday hiatus after Episodes 9 and 10 air next Monday(7 and 8 debuted last night).

Some other events I'm waiting to see are Mallow's Steenee evolving, Mallow, Lana and Lillie catching a 2nd Pokemon(seriously... 48 episodes in and they still haven't caught 1?) and Ash getting that upgraded Z-Ring(still waiting on that...). Might also be on the lookout for other past characters making a return.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Spoiler:

It is possible that they are saving Ula'Ula for last. They still have at least of year of episodes left in Alola, so I am sure it is just for now and they will go to Ula'Ula later. I don't know why they would skip one of the main islands.

It is possible that Poni Isle will be the 3rd Island in USUM. And it is also possible they are just holding off if they are planning to make a League.

I am also still expecting for Gary to return at the very least and possible Dawn or Serena. Especially Dawn with all the 4th Gen stuff going on in Pokemon.

It will also be awesome for Lillie to get a Z Ring. I am expecting her appearance to change soon in the anime.

Also what are the Z Stone in the Lana and Lillie set? I see Primarina Stone, Ice Stone, but what are the other 3?
    One may be Fairy. The other 2 I am confused about.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • It is possible that they are saving Ula'Ula for last. They still have at least of year of episodes left in Alola, so I am sure it is just for now and they will go to Ula'Ula later. I don't know why they would skip one of the main islands.

It is possible that Poni Isle will be the 3rd Island in USUM. And it is also possible they are just holding off if they are planning to make a League.

I am also still expecting for Gary to return at the very least and possible Dawn or Serena. Especially Dawn with all the 4th Gen stuff going on in Pokemon.

It will also be awesome for Lillie to get a Z Ring. I am expecting her appearance to change soon in the anime.

Also what are the Z Stone in the Lana and Lillie set? I see Primarina Stone, Ice Stone, but what are the other 3?

Ash: Electrium, Normalium, Deciduium, Incinium, Aloraichuium-Z.

L&L: Primarinium Icium, Fairium, Eeveeium, Mewnium-Z.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ash: Electrium, Normalium, Deciduium, Incinium, Aloraichuium-Z.

L&L: Primarinium Icium, Fairium, Eeveeium, Mewnium-Z.

Interesting. I forgot Eevee had one. But I guess that means one of them is going to catch an Eevee. Mew one is very surprising. Having both Ash and Lillie possibly controlling a legendary at once is pretty awesome. I don't see why Lana would control Mew, so it has to be Lillie.

But I have to wonder if these are accurate to the anime. Why does Ash have a Aloraichuium-Z?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also what are the Z Stone in the Lana and Lillie set? I see Primarina Stone, Ice Stone, but what are the other 3?

The five Z-Crystals in that set are:
    Fairium Z
    Icium Z
    Eevium Z
    Mewnium Z
    Primarium Z

And the ones at the top:
    Electrium Z
    Normalium Z
    Decidium Z
    Incinium Z
    Aloraichium Z

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The five Z-Crystals in that set are:
    Fairium Z
    Icium Z
    Eevium Z
    Mewnium Z
    Primarium Z

And the ones at the top:
    Electrium Z
    Normalium Z
    Decidium Z
    Incinium Z
    Aloraichium Z

Well Lana and Lillie?s Z-Crystal list all but foreshadows Popplio fully evolving and Lillie catching an Eevee(it?s one of her plushies). Would be a good tie-in to bring Serena back since she raised one(same with May) and Icium and Fairium point to Snowy evolving at some point into Alola Ninetales and/or Eevee evolving into Sylveon(again another Serena tie-in). Mew Z-Crystal is a bit of an eye raiser.

As for Ash?s crystals, all but foreshadows his Pokemon fully evolving. The one eye raiser is the last one. Pikachu going to evolve or is Ash going to have an Alola Raichu at his disposal?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well Lana and Lillie?s Z-Crystal list all but foreshadows Popplio fully evolving and Lillie catching an Eevee(it?s one of her plushies). Would be a good tie-in to bring Serena back since she raised one(same with May) and Icium and Fairium point to Snowy evolving at some point into Alola Ninetales and/or Eevee evolving into Sylveon(again another Serena tie-in). Mew Z-Crystal is a bit of an eye raiser.

As for Ash?s crystals, all but foreshadows his Pokemon fully evolving. The one eye raiser is the last one. Pikachu going to evolve or is Ash going to have an Alola Raichu at his disposal?

Kinda doubt Pikachu will evolve. Wouldn't make sense to be honest. Especially since Pikachu has always not wanted to evolve. Possibly in the worm hole, maybe he will run into another him and Pikachu and Raichu get exchanged by mistake.

Also, the Eevee one may be foreshadowing a new Eeveelution in the next generation. Usually when someone gets an Eevee or Eevee plays a major role in episodes, there is either a new evolution, or going to be in the next generation. Maybe at the end of the SM Saga, it will evolve into the new pokemon.

It is also very possible that she will get an Espeon. It would match her brother. He wears black and he has Umbreon. She wears white and could get Espeon. (Black and White. Sun and Moon) None of the main characters or rivals have ever had an Espeon. It would also make since because Sun and Moon is need for Umbreon and Espeon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It is also very possible that she will get an Espeon. It would match her brother. He wears black and he has Umbreon. She wears white and could get Espeon. (Black and White. Sun and Moon) None of the main characters or rivals have ever had an Espeon. It would also make since because Sun and Moon is need for Umbreon and Espeon.

I figured Lillie wouldn't get Glaceon or Sylveon since they're already owned by May and Serena, so Espeon was the next possible Eeveelution candidate I was looking at since Gladion has an Umbreon and Espeon is its counterpart, so Lillie having Espeon would make sense should she get an Eeveelution of her own.

I still hope Mallow and Lana get a second Pokemon as well. It is interesting that SM looks like it'll be the first time ever that all the starters owned by the main group will be fully evolved, since Ash's two starters and Lana's Popplio seem hinted to all fully evolve if those Z-Crystal sets were an indicator.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I figured Lillie wouldn't get Glaceon or Sylveon since they're already owned by May and Serena, so Espeon was the next possible Eeveelution candidate I was looking at since Gladion has an Umbreon and Espeon is its counterpart, so Lillie having Espeon would make sense should she get an Eeveelution of her own.

I still hope Mallow and Lana get a second Pokemon as well. It is interesting that SM looks like it'll be the first time ever that all the starters owned by the main group will be fully evolved, since Ash's two starters and Lana's Popplio seem hinted to all fully evolve if those Z-Crystal sets were an indicator.

Agreed. I think we can eliminate Sylveon, Glaceon, and Umbreon. To me, Espeon also makes the most sense if Eevee evolves and if she catches it.

I still think Mallow and Lana will catch pokemon, I just don't know what pokemon. There are know Alolan type pokemon for Mallow and Lana, other than Exeggutor and I don't see them catching it.

I will make a new post in Catches thread, so this one doesn't get to full of stuff that should be in it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Just watching that Episode 50 preview... Faba is... well... Sailor Moon influence? At least that's better than Yokai Watch honestly... Could have gone without the jump rope scene though... especially with Kakui. Anyways... will watch it in a few days(busy today and tomorrow).

Back