• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooo Nebby turns into Solgaleo? :D cool. I'm sooo far behind hehe.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With Sun and Moon game story coming to a close in the anime. I have to wonder if Rainbow Rocket will make an appearance. That would be an amazing time to bring more past characters back.

But if they do that, I hope Ash actually remembers all of them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It looks like we could be getting a new opening in the English Dub soon. I am not sure if Japan has gotten a new one, but it has been confirmed that this season of Sun and Moon is ending with today's episode.

That being said, we will probably have a break in the anime until February or so. Hopefully not later than March.

Years
  • It looks like we could be getting a new opening in the English Dub soon. I am not sure if Japan has gotten a new one, but it has been confirmed that this season of Sun and Moon is ending with today's episode.

That being said, we will probably have a break in the anime until February or so. Hopefully not later than March.

So Season 20 ends with 43 episodes, neat that it ended with the Kanto two-parter.

SM044 will be the start for Season 21, but like you said hopefully we go back to one episode weekly starting from February since Disney XD starting Season 20 in May and then burning off a lot of episodes in a week was annoying because of how long it took for those episodes to air.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys! Do yall happen to know when we might get the 2nd Pokemon 21 movie trailer?

With the new mythic pokemon and probably Lugia in it, I am really wanting to see more than what we got. When do they normally release the 2nd trailer or give more info?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Haven't seen the movie yet(probably won't either) but good tidbit of information nevertheless. I'm beginning to wonder how far they intend to go with this season. Been looking back at the first few Seasons and some of them are quite long. Excluding Season 1 that spanned roughly 18 months(over 2 years when Orange Islands is included), not many went above 50 Episodes. A case can be made that the "first" season of Sun and Moon was 43 Episodes long and the "second" season of Sun and Moon started with the Aether Arc. Still ongoing and I intend to reserve judgment until its over but one thing that I can say, with relative certainty, is that Team Skull has been an abject disgrace of an Antagonist group so far. They haven't been in an Episode since 27(when Gladion was introduced) and haven't been in an Episode in a meaningful capacity since Episode 25. Meaning its been over 20 Episodes and not a sign of them.

I also had a dream in which May, Dawn and Serena all returned in a Coordinator/Performer theme mini-arc after this whole Aether Foundation mess blows over. Like with the trip to Kanto to demonstrate Gym's and Gym Battles, they will either travel to yet another region(say Hoenn since Coordinating originated there if memory serves(correct me if I'm mistaken)) or they shoehorn them in somehow. Alas, that's probably 40-50 Episodes off if it happens at all. Also wouldn't mind seeing Iris again but that's about as likely as Ash aging.

Only quoting this because I called Season 1 back in November prior to the Kanto Episodes even airing in English. Kind of makes sense when you think about it but the wait is just killing me. No reason for Disney to wait as long as they are to air the Episodes. 44 aired back in like September and its now January with no set date on when "Season 2" is set to air. Second half of Season 4 of Star Wars Rebels doesn't start until February 24th. Odds are Pokemon won't start until then either :/

As for the 21st movie, I could care less(still haven't seen #20).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Only quoting this because I called Season 1 back in November prior to the Kanto Episodes even airing in English. Kind of makes sense when you think about it but the wait is just killing me. No reason for Disney to wait as long as they are to air the Episodes. 44 aired back in like September and its now January with no set date on when "Season 2" is set to air. Second half of Season 4 of Star Wars Rebels doesn't start until February 24th. Odds are Pokemon won't start until then either :/

Usually with pokemon, they don't really announce the date until like a week or two in advanced, most likely it won't start till Mid February and they might give us a date on the weekend of the 20th and 21st when they have the Pokemon Movie Marathon.

I wasn't expecting Pokemon to return till at least 17th or even the 24th of February. Likely they are timing it so they can end the next season at the end of the year. which will probably be around 45 episodes.

Since Silvally is official considered a Legendary Pokemon by the Poke Company, Gladion is the first character in a very long time to own a Legendary. Brandon and Tobias being the other 2.

I see no reason for Ash not to catch Poipole and use it now since Gladion is his main rival. Although he will probably release it in the end.

In other news: I am just glad they are finalyl going to Ula'ula.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Only quoting this because I called Season 1 back in November prior to the Kanto Episodes even airing in English. Kind of makes sense when you think about it but the wait is just killing me. No reason for Disney to wait as long as they are to air the Episodes. 44 aired back in like September and its now January with no set date on when "Season 2" is set to air. Second half of Season 4 of Star Wars Rebels doesn't start until February 24th. Odds are Pokemon won't start until then either :/

My DVR is set to record a Sun and Moon on the 3rd of February. I only have my DVR recording new episodes and it isn't recording any older episodes with those 2 weeks.

So it is possible that Season 2 will start on the 3rd of February.

Currently it says Pokemon the Series: Sun & Moon still, so I don't know if it is the next season or not. It could be that the title for the 2nd season isn't set yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do the English and Japanese "season/series" start and stop episodes differ sometimes?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Do the English and Japanese "season/series" start and stop episodes differ sometimes?

Yes. This happens a good amount to be honest.

Original series, Kanto to Johto, in Japan they only had 3 seasons while in English, there was 5 seasons.

In Hoenn and Battle Frontier, Japan had 2 seasons and English had 4.

In Sinnoh, Japan had 1 and English had 4.

Unova, Japan had and English had the same, but started at different times.

Kalos, Japan had 2 and English had 3.

And so far for Alola, Japan has had 1 and English will have 2 when it starts back,

So Japan has had 13 seasons and English has had 21 and about to be 22.

This is mainly due to the fact that Dub usually stops seasons at the end of the year, so they are limited while in Japan, it keeps going. The only time English doesn't stop showing is when there is only a hand full of episodes left. I think both Kalos and Sinnoh kept going after the end of the year because there was only 5 to 15 episodes left.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    Am i the only one that shouts at ash while watching for every stupid thing he does? For example when he helps Korrina get the lucarionite even though she is the next gym he will have to face and with a mega evolved pokemon it will be even harder. Team Rocket has every right to call Ash a twerp.>:(

Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    lol so basically remeber that indigo league episode when they are doing the quiz and Jessie and James are also there disguised doing the quiz as well. So the other day I was doing an online who's that pokemon quiz. A black circle comes up one question. If ther's one thing I learnt from that episode: JIGGLYPUFF SEEN FROM THE TOP! It was electrode. ;-;

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Anyone have any clue to when box set 1 for Sun and Moon will be released? According to info I looked up it was already released last December in Region 4. But I need the Region 1 set. Region 4 won't play on my TV.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Since comedic filler is in no short supply in Sun&Moon, I'd kill for the following to occur. When I saw the Ditto Episode during the Aether Arc, it brought back memories of Duplica and her Ditto from Season 1(she came back during Johto with a Mini-Ditto). Since X&Y had an imitation scene in Episode 10(that didn't work so well but it did get a great line from James in "Copyright Infringement! Get away from him!"), i figure that Sun&Moon should take a crack at it. I mean it would fit the theme of the series no? Before X&Y, the last time it was done was back in Diamond&Pearl(and before that you have to go back to early in Johto). In other words... they need to bring back a classic, if only to stick to the comedic theme of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGL1fe6no7w <- video of scene for those who might not remember.

Edit*: Thought I'd add another thought in regards to Sun&Moon 66. Being that they're bringing back Ping-Pong, it brings back memories of Dawn's Ambipom(whom was once Ash's prior to being traded for Buizel). Therefore, there may be a reunion of sorts with Ambipom and possibly even with Dawn(although that would be a HUGE stretch or unlikely outcome). Still waiting on a Serena special as it'd be an even bigger crime than what they've done to Mallow not to bring her back for a dedicated special(or for a mini-arc that was longer than 2 Episodes like May's return in Diamond and Pearl).

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • Age 32
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm glad they are putting "I Choose You" on the PokemonTV app for Pokemon Day. I get to fire that thing up for the first time in a while.

Used to use it all the time, then one of their recent updates made it very hard to watch episodes in succession.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I think I died a little inside after watching Episode 69. 68 was filler but I got more out of it than watching this complete train wreck due to it being a Sophocles centric Episode. Can he be eliminated already?

Years
  • I think I died a little inside after watching Episode 69. 68 was filler but I got more out of it than watching this complete train wreck due to it being a Sophocles centric Episode. Can he be eliminated already?

I think we can agree that Sophocles is the absolute worst of the SM companions. I find him worse than even Max and Iris.

Every time we get an episode focused on him, it never adds anything. His fear of the dark is also very stupid, especially for someone who uses Electric-types. At least Togedemaru is cute.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I think we can agree that Sophocles is the absolute worst of the SM companions. I find him worse than even Max and Iris.

Every time we get an episode focused on him, it never adds anything. His fear of the dark is also very stupid, especially for someone who uses Electric-types. At least Togedemaru is cute.

I hated Max as a character and even more so when I watched XY/XYZ for the first time and saw Bonnie and what she brought to the table. Never thought I'd find a character I despised more than Max but apparently Sun&Moon is setting all-time records for mediocrity. I actually liked Iris though, but I think the writers disrespected her character by not giving her enough focus and making her seem childish at times(hence the "You're such a kid" line hit a hypocrisy nerve). Plus if she was going to be this Misty 2.0, then she should have gotten way more Dragon Types, much less a complete team like Misty did.

Back