• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best character that can replace Ash

Which character is the best that can replace Ash Ketchum?

• Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ritchie

• Brock

• Mikey

• Serena

• Other manga characters

• Total voters

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
    I was thinking about if a character can replace Ash Ketchum.
    I think a few characters can replace Ash.

Tell me your suggestions.

Last edited:
    Years
    I really think they should just get somebody new, cause technically Ash is kinda based on Red. Although their personalities are different, I still think it would be best for an entirely new character to become the protagonist.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I will forever love Ash Ketchum. I would like to see maybe a short series following Serena and her Pokémon showcase training, performing, etc. I would also LOVE to see the type of trainer Bonnie becomes in the future.

I really think they should just get somebody new, cause technically Ash is kinda based on Red. Although their personalities are different, I still think it would be best for an entirely new character to become the protagonist.

I think that might be interesting, but imagine all the hate the show would get for replacing Ash.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I think the ship of getting a new lead character for the Pokemon anime has long since sailed, though I'd be down more side stories like the Pokemon Chronicles series to get the supporting characters a little more screen time. If they were to go with a new main character though, I'd hope for a brand new character. Maybe Hau, since I don't believe he's been introduced in the Sun/Moon anime yet- they could follow his story of completing the trials of Alola, possibly meeting with Ash along the way.

Anyway, this is more suited over in our Pokemon Anime board, so I'll move this over there for you.

MOVED.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Voted Alain...meant to vote Manga Red.

Although Alain is still a better character than Ash (at least while he was in the ME specials, in the main anime his character suffered)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I agree with Brendino, Ash has been the main character for so long that they're stuck with him. I think in order to replace Ash the show would have to be cancelled and then return a few years later as a new show. It's not that Ash is irreplaceable or absolutely necessary to the show, but if they were going to replace him it should have been after the original series.

Years
    I could have voted for someone, but I think Brendino's point is spot-on. Ash seems like he's unlikely to ever leave the anime, at least until Rica Matsumoto (Ash's Japanese VA) retires from voice acting or Pokemon games stop being produced.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    If we ever get a replacement for the old Satoshi... the character will most likely be a carbon copy of him (Pikachu included)

Satoshi had joined the ranks of the cast of Doreamon and Conan as one of the most recognized animated characters (well in Japan). So I doubt they'd ever change him.

However, that doesn't change the fact that I would still like a spin-off adapting the amazing (and not to mention unbelievably violent) Pokemon Manga.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Red or Alain, totally, I'm not even ashamed. I know one has Generations, and the other had the Evo specials, but they need more. *shakes fist*

Back