• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Group of Twerps?

Years
  • Which Group of Twerps were the best and had the best team Dynamic IYO?

Kanto and Johto Twerps: Ash,Misty and Brock
    Orange Island Twerps: Ash,Misty and Tracy
    Hoen Twerps: Ash,May,Brock and Max
    Sinnoh Twerps: Ash,Dawn and Brock
    Unnova Twerps: Ash,Iris and Cilan

DarkLordEon

Ruler Of Time and Space
    Years
  • All of them...
    I don't like tracy, cilan or iris.
    Hate all 3 of them.
    actually tracy wasn't half bad.
    CILAN AND IRIS :(

Years
  • Tie between Ash, Brock, May, and Max and Ash, Iris, and Cilan.

I found May's stubbornness to be a good fit with Ash's personality; Brock was also kind of like their older brother figure. It was also pretty interesting to have a fourth group member (a younger kid nonetheless) and the group dynamics were pretty amusing and believable.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan I feel go well together too, mainly because of Iris and Cilan's quarreling on the topic of spiritual vs. science. Clueless kid, stubborn and wild girl, and flamboyant boy seem to go well together. :P

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • My favorite group would have to be Iris and Cilan. I'm loving the plots that they have in the series and the personality that is being developed for them. There hasn't been many fights with this group. I don't think there was any if I could remember correctly. My second favorite group would have to bee May, Max and Brock. I enjoyed how they worked together as well as Iris and Cilan are doing.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I reckon it's Ash, Brock, May and Max. The only group with four members and they all seemed to "mesh" togethor. And Brock hadn't lost all his personality in this group, unlike Dawn's Group.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm going with Ash, Iris and Cilan. All 3 of them seem to get along well, even though Iris almost always teases Ash.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I really liked the Hoenn quartet (I can call them that right?). They had a sibling dynamic, which always turned out fun and interesting especially when Max revealed May's fear of Tentacool in one episode that escapes my mind. I also really liked the chemistry between May and Ash.

Jalsy

RESET
    Years
  • Actually, I love the old and the new/current teams. I love how May and Max joined Ash and Brock in Hoenn having the first 4 members in one group, how Dawn become part of the trio with Ash and Brock in Sinnoh and how Iris and Cilan becomes Ash's new companions in Unova. But I simply love the original trio; Ash, Misty and Brock the most. I love their adventures, their journeys and their interactions and friendship with each other.. and I simply grew to love them, (even I start out watching the Advance series and so on).

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I really liked May in the group but the Hoenn group was completely ruined for me because I simply have an irrational hatred for Max. There's nothing anyone can say to change my mind so due to bias reasons I definitely know the Hoenn group is my most hated group.

I really like the balance between the characters in the B/W group since there seems to be the right balance of character development between the 3 of them of course Ash getting the most since he's the main character. In Kanto and all the way up to Johto it was just too focused on Ash and the other characters nearly got completely overshadowed, or in Tracey's case he did get overshadowed. However in D/P, Dawn just got way too much attention that it seemed like the show was about the Dawn trying to be a contest master and Ash and Brock were accompanying her with Ash pretty much having May's role in the Hoenn saga. Of course Brock also had the worse development in this saga with only 3 Pokemon on his team.

So if I had to choose the best group of twerps it would be Ash, Iris and Cilan/Dent.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In terms of dynamics, I think each group worked perfectly well together. Although, I suppose Ash, Misty and Tracey should have had problems the writers didn't pick up on.

I suppose my thoughts of the group with the best dynamics would be either between Ash, May, Brock and Max or Ash, Iris and Cilan. The Hoenn group were pretty well rounded, we had two Pokémon Trainers, one wanting to win the Hoenn league, and the other a Coordinator, we had Brock to do all the cooking, and Max pretty much used that PokéNav to check where they were all the time.

As for Ash, Iris and Cilan. I'd probably say they have the best dynamics out of all the twerps we've seen. There is so much plot potential (and filler potential) around Iris and Cilan, I suppose Cilan even more seeing as he's into almost anything. Cilan pretty much works a lot like Brock did as a cook, only most of the time it's just sandwiches. Iris has proven herself quite useful seeing as she can cook up some medicines if one of the Pokémon are unwell. Overall so far, I think Ash, Cilan and Iris are my favourite group so far, they're just so fun.

Years
  • I'd have to say the Unova twerps (Ash/Iris/Cilan) cos I started to get attached to Iris and Cilan plus they have great designs, English VAs (Eileen Stevens and Jason Griffith) and Japanese VAs (Aoi Yuki and Mamoru Miyano).

Even though Dawn was my fave female companion, Iris is my second-fave cos of her hair and she inspired me to use an Emolga in Black (mine is also the same gender as hers - female).

Cilan is my fave of the male companions cos I like his "It's evaluation time" catchphrase and also his Pansage.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I'd give this honor to Misty, Brock & Ash. Misty acted more like a big sister to Ash. Brock was just an older brother who wanted girls and Misty, like a sister, would pull him by the ears. They were the best together. :)

Then there's May and Max during the Hoenn travels. The 4 people as a group was awesome, and they all had their unique personalities. So I'd say Kanto/Johto or Hoenn "Twerps"

Back