• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Shouldn't Cliscor have something to sidetrack its opponents when it uses Roost? Like an immobolizing move or something? It just seems that while Roost gives Flying power, it leaves you open to an OHKO Ice Beamer.

?????? Stop posting useless stuff AND DO RESEARCH !!

It actually takes away your flying type thus halving the Ice weakness, and why in the blue hell would you leave it on something you full well know is packing Ice Beam or even a special attacker for that matter ?

Gliscor is a physical wall, by that i mean its there to stop physical onslaughts, not imobolize the opponent. Knock off is its best way to really cripple stuff and that was mentioned.

Also Anti stop disregarding Stone Edge, if we fail to put it on Gliscor, im sorry to say we fail to Tauntridos once Starmie is dead and relying on one pokemon to counter something is putting too much on starmie.

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Shouldn't Cliscor have something to sidetrack its opponents when it uses Roost? Like an immobolizing move or something? It just seems that while Roost gives Flying power, it leaves you open to an OHKO Ice Beamer.

Roost nullifies the Flying type, not gives it. That said, Gliscor doesn't need something to sidetrack an enemy while recovering, really. Gliscor takes hardly any damage from physical attacks, and thus can just Roost damage off.

Anti

return of the king
    Years

I'm seriously on the verge of reporting you...we've told you countless times to do research, but you keep posting these stupid and inaccurate remarks. Hate me if you must, but it's REALLY annoying. Not to mention you'd be an idiot to leave gliscor in on something that can ice beam it ;/

And DA, Gliscor can't beat Gyarados to save its life. Waterfall or ice fang will destroy Gliscor. A stone edge won't be OHKOing Gyara, that's for sure.

Really, Waterfall will OHKO after 2 DDs and stone edge can't do much...yeah, I see no point really trying to beat something that'll kill us first.

Stone Edge has terrible accuracy and PP, watch as flyers can stall us out and then lol that we can only EQ back. I, for one, don't like missing 3 consecutive turns (true story) and wasting half my PP.

And really, if we have Gyara covered, no need to overkill. Starmie beats it, and we aren't going to let it die...if we do, stone edge Gliscor isn't going to help. Watch as we hit it with stone edge after they take away 80% of our health with waterfall.

And sims, Gliscor can't afford to miss as many times as you think. It can take a beating, but note that it only has 5 PP.

Really, I'm not just trying to be annoying saying stone edge sucks on Gliscor, IT DOES. Gyara will eat it alive every time (a DDed waterfall took 80% from my Gliscor T_T), so that really doesn't warrant its use, especially when it has that lol PP and Accuracy.

Hey, even if we end up with a stone edge/EQ Gyara, Stone Edge could miss and then we get the whammy.

Maybe I just have TERRIBLE luck, but when Meteor Mash misses half the time and it has BETTER accuracy than stone edge, I'm not inclined to condone its use on Gliscor.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    I'm seriously on the verge of reporting you...we've told you countless times to do research, but you keep posting these stupid and inaccurate remarks. Hate me if you must, but it's REALLY annoying. Not to mention you'd be an idiot to leave gliscor in on something that can ice beam it ;/

And DA, Gliscor can't beat Gyarados to save its life. Waterfall or ice fang will destroy Gliscor. A stone edge won't be OHKOing Gyara, that's for sure.

Really, Waterfall will OHKO after 2 DDs and stone edge can't do much...yeah, I see no point really trying to beat something that'll kill us first.

Stone Edge has terrible accuracy and PP, watch as flyers can stall us out and then lol that we can only EQ back. I, for one, don't like missing 3 consecutive turns (true story) and wasting half my PP.

And really, if we have Gyara covered, no need to overkill. Starmie beats it, and we aren't going to let it die...if we do, stone edge Gliscor isn't going to help. Watch as we hit it with stone edge after they take away 80% of our health with waterfall.

And sims, Gliscor can't afford to miss as many times as you think. It can take a beating, but note that it only has 5 PP.

Really, I'm not just trying to be annoying saying stone edge sucks on Gliscor, IT DOES. Gyara will eat it alive every time (a DDed waterfall took 80% from my Gliscor T_T), so that really doesn't warrant its use, especially when it has that lol PP and Accuracy.

Hey, even if we end up with a stone edge/EQ Gyara, Stone Edge could miss and then we get the whammy.

Maybe I just have TERRIBLE luck, but when Meteor Mash misses half the time and it has BETTER accuracy than stone edge, I'm not inclined to condone its use on Gliscor.

I'd like to note that PP Ups can be used to increase that to 8, but your point remains valid.

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
    Impish; 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang / Stealth Rock
    Roost

This looks like our best bet, leaving only one debate left.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'd like to note that PP Ups can be used to increase that to 8, but your point remains valid.

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
    Impish; 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang / Stealth Rock
    Roost

This looks like our best bet, leaving only one debate left.

Don't Forget Knock off, can be the difference between beating the likes of Blissey (and on a funner note, knocking off shed shell from Skarm and trapping it with Magneton lol)

Honestly, I think SR or Knock off would be better over Ice Fang. The only reason I think it should go there is if we have some mammoth Fear of Aerodactyl, in which case it might be a good idea (though I actually would rather put it over AA...we maintain a reliable move with good coverage and can still use our support slot).

On a sidenote, I think we should have a torment user on this team. Sounds totally random, but it annoys the crap out of any Choice Item user, which will force a switch. Or the TrickBand.Torment combo Zam can run.

Eh, probably not after further thought, but I think this team really should have an annoyer of sorts (the good annoyers, like subseeders, not the double team crap).

Well, yeah.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't Forget Knock off, can be the difference between beating the likes of Blissey (and on a funner note, knocking off shed shell from Skarm and trapping it with Magneton lol)

Honestly, I think SR or Knock off would be better over Ice Fang. The only reason I think it should go there is if we have some mammoth Fear of Aerodactyl, in which case it might be a good idea (though I actually would rather put it over AA...we maintain a reliable move with good coverage and can still use our support slot).

On a sidenote, I think we should have a torment user on this team. Sounds totally random, but it annoys the crap out of any Choice Item user, which will force a switch. Or the TrickBand.Torment combo Zam can run.

Eh, probably not after further thought, but I think this team really should have an annoyer of sorts (the good annoyers, like subseeders, not the double team crap).

Well, yeah.
    Aerodactly ? Oh please Gliscor can take that even without Ice Fang as long as it isnt Choice Banded and packing Ice Fang itself lol

ice Fang is mainly for Dragons, 2hko on Salamence and Garchomp are nice.

Dont run one attacking move though, either go Stone Edge Aerial Ace or Ice Fang. EQ and Ice Fang have great coverage when used together. It needs 2 attacking moves so not to get walled, if you want to run Knock off use it >> SR.

Also annoyers generally fail, honestly and take up a team slot that could be put to better use.

What is the current team anyhow ?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Also annoyers generally fail, honestly and take up a team slot that could be put to better use.

What is the current team anyhow ?

Annoyers are good (well, about 5% of them), but the few good ones are GOOD. Not a waste of a team slot is you have a powerful CBer to mop up the mess.

And what IS the current team?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Annoyers are good (well, about 5% of them), but the few good ones are GOOD. Not a waste of a team slot is you have a powerful CBer to mop up the mess.

And what IS the current team?

I think its

Gliscor
    Starmie
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Blissey
    Heracross

after looking through the last few pages, correct me if im wrong, i might have missed something or put something that isnt suppose to be there lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I think its

Gliscor
    Starmie
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Blissey
    Heracross

after looking through the last few pages, correct me if im wrong, i might have missed something or put something that isnt suppose to be there lol

Um, this team has a hard time switching in anything really. And Donphan and Gliscor is really quite redundant, they both fulfill the same role...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Um, this team has a hard time switching in anything really. And Donphan and Gliscor is really quite redundant, they both fulfill the same role...

I thought we were agruing that we needed a phazer and donphan drops Rapid Spin for Roar as Rapid Spin is on Starmie.

And i think Gliscor is here for the sole purpose to prevent Heracross rape.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I thought we were agruing that we needed a phazer and donphan drops Rapid Spin for Roar as Rapid Spin is on Starmie.

And i think Gliscor is here for the sole purpose to prevent Heracross rape.

Or we can just combine the two and use weezing to haze and beat up Hera (and Gyara which we, for some reason, are worried about).

There are better PHazers for this team than Donphan though, such as Suicune.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Or we can just combine the two and use weezing to haze and beat up Hera (and Gyara which we, for some reason, are worried about).

There are better PHazers for this team than Donphan though, such as Suicune.

Weezing it is then.

Weezing@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Haze
    - Pain Split

Yeah.

T-Bolt 2hkos Gyarados. Fire Blast 2hkos Heracross, Haze, well Hazes lol and pain split not to die.

Now we have freed a slots up

Weezing
    Starmie
    Blissey
    Infernape
    Heracross
    ?????

Thats what it is now.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Weezing it is then.

Weezing@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Haze
    - Pain Split

Yeah.

T-Bolt 2hkos Gyarados. Fire Blast 2hkos Heracross, Haze, well Hazes lol and pain split not to die.

Now we have freed a slots up

Weezing
    Starmie
    Blissey
    Infernape
    Heracross
    ?????

Thats what it is now.

This team gets destroyed by our friend Alakazam. A lot. 3 psychic weaks and shadow ball and Focus blast for the rest...>.>

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Blissey isnt really bothered by focus Blast, unless Zam gets at least 2 Calm Minds in.

Spiritomb comes to mind to stop ZAm.

Choice Specs Focus Blast 2HKOs...well, it should it it does for gengar, as Zam has better SAtk. That could be trouble.

And really, we don't have enough sweeping power...tghat's my real worry.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    then why don't you just make inferape mixed ? , mixed always mess people up aslong as they don't expect it

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Choice Specs Focus Blast 2HKOs...well, it should it it does for gengar, as Zam has better SAtk. That could be trouble.

And really, we don't have enough sweeping power...tghat's my real worry.

Timid 252 SP.ATT Zams Choice Specs Focus Blast

Does

Defender HP: 714
    Damage: 314 - 369
    Damage: 43.98% - 51.68%

To 252 HP / 6 SP.DEF Bold Blissey

Its a 3hko, with lefties the max its gonna do it 45%.

I know what you mean with not enough sweeping power =/

I also dont know why Heracross found its way into the team, it adds to weaknesses along with Infernape, i say we either drop one or the other.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Timid 252 SP.ATT Zams Choice Specs Focus Blast

Does

Defender HP: 714
    Damage: 314 - 369
    Damage: 43.98% - 51.68%

To 252 HP / 6 SP.DEF Bold Blissey

Its a 3hko, with lefties the max its gonna do it 45%.

I know what you mean with not enough sweeping power =/

I also dont know why Heracross found its way into the team, it adds to weaknesses along with Infernape, i say we either drop one or the other.

I've always run a modest specsZam ever since the timid one started getting all weak.

And really, Infernape can't switch into anything and really doesn't last long. Starmie can't sweep really with its bulky setup, and Heracross is strong, but our only solid threat to switch in and threaten stuff right away.

Gengar anyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back