• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Honestly, AA has more uses than just killing heracross. Any team with the likes of Gengar or Azelf will like to switch in on Earthquakes, predicting the switch and hitting them with AA doesn't necessarily do 100% damage, but it does enough to make them think twice about switching in again (especially with sand stream).

Also, any STAB move with lots of PP helps stalling and beats double team n00bs. But another use is anyhting with sand veil at low health, you'll want to be able to kill them in a sandstorm, as EQ often misses in this scenario (this is mostly for Garchomp).

But what really makes AA the superior choice over Ice Fang is that IMO, Ice Fang isn't really useful. A lot of those dragons threaten Gliscor with the likes of Draco Meteor and Hydro Pump, nothing Gliscor wants to face. It does help with Aerodactyl though, and quite a lot.

Guess it depends on who we fear more.

Oh, AA also beats nasty brelooms, though they rarely switch in or stay in.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Honestly, AA has more uses than just killing heracross. Any team with the likes of Gengar or Azelf will like to switch in on Earthquakes, predicting the switch and hitting them with AA doesn't necessarily do 100% damage, but it does enough to make them think twice about switching in again (especially with sand stream).

Stone Edge does MORE than a STABBED Aerial Ace, it's just that weak

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Stone Edge does MORE than a STABBED Aerial Ace, it's just that weak

Stone Edge has terrible PP and accuracy. This might be just me, but I really hate my walls not having reliable and long-lasting attacks, or their usefulness falters.

And again, Stone Edge misses so much I'm thinking of using Rock Slide again :0 AA isn't the strongest move, but walls don't really need to be OHKOing stuff anyways ;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What is Earthquake going to cover with Aerial Ace Anti?

Coverage really doesn't matter much to me, I like reliability in this situation. Coverage is needed in some situations, but really, Gliscor usually isn't attacking.

And it hits quite a lot for Nuetral Damage. I prefer to worry about coverage on sweepers, not walls. Ice Fang is even weaker than AA also.

Heck, Articuno only can ice beam, doesn't hurt its usefulness one bit.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    No, I agree with Name 100%. Since he is a wall with many resistances, he can afford a miss. Plus, power on the walls is a bonus. Stone Edge is a great move, despite his accuraccy. I use it on Gyarados, it works wonders.

Aerial Ace won't exactly help much, not as much as Stone Edge. And countering dragons is a huge plus, as well as a minor chance to freeze.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Are you saying I go for coverage while you prefer power? D: That's exaclty what I am.. coverage

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    No, I agree with Name 100%. Since he is a wall with many resistances, he can afford a miss. Plus, power on the walls is a bonus. Stone Edge is a great move, despite his accuraccy. I use it on Gyarados, it works wonders.

Gyarados is a sweeper, though-that's an unfair comparison.

Really, walls don't switch in and then do nothing, they do use attack moves. Being able to attack 8 times (5 on WiFi) with a move with an 80% chance to miss is not how I'm spending a moveslot on my wall.

Ice Fang is at least reliable, I personally think stone edge is trash on Gliscor. Stone Edge Kills Articuno at the most...

Aerial Ace won't exactly help much, not as much as Stone Edge. And countering dragons is a huge plus, as well as a minor chance to freeze.

This doesn't make sense...Stone Edge doesn't counter dragons and can't freeze. Ice Fang does, but that's irrelevant as to how useful stone edge is.

You can argue for ice fang over AA, since Garchomp and Aero can be really scary to some teams, but I really don't see any real case for stone edge.

All it does is miss A LOT (just ask my Choice Band Mence when it used to try to fire blast opponents) and run out of PP fast (not to mention that pokemon with pressure aren't exactly uncommon-Dusknoir, Weavile, Zapdos...) Really, The way I see it...

Aerial Ace > Ice Fang >>>>>>>>>> Stone Edge

Ice Fang vs. AA is a pretty reasonable debate, but Stone Edge has been useless on Gliscor. And really, 100 base power isn't too impressive if it can't hit the foe. It isn't that impressive to begin with when Gliscor has a STAB EQ to work with.

And how I love arguments ^_^ Not to flame kind, the intelligent argument kind of arguments ;)

EDIT: I don't really think coverage on a wall is necessary-just look at Blissey, Skarmory, and even Tangrowth...all are top-tier walls.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Ok now look, you just contradicted that Earthquake is useful with Stone Edge, it's one of THE best 2 moves to use together for a physical attacker. If you are saying to rely on Accuracy, Ice Fang also has a really good coverage with Earthquake.

Stone Edge takes good care of Salamence + Dragonite

Aerial Ace takes care of Grass/Bug, now this has become an opinion war rather than an argument =O You go for Aerial Ace, contains Acc + Medicore Power, Stone Edge, contains power + coverage, Ice Fang, super coverage

STAB isn't always needed, one is enough for one Pokemon, with that STAB, you combine COVERAGE. Understand me now?

sims796

Years
    Well, I'm not in the mood for a debate, nor do I feel like explaining myself, but I will for now.

Yes, Gya & Gliscor can be compared, because Gya can't afford to miss. However, the coverage is amazing. While Gliscor can afford a miss.

When I said Stone Edge can freeze, for God sake, I was comparing both Ice Fang & Stone Edge to Aerial Ace.

I use moves more on wifi. The accuraccy isn't that painful at all. I don't care about how it is on shoddy, because as said, it's a shoddy imitation

Blissey, Tangrowth, & Skarmory can fight back (especially Tangrowth) to a degree. Plus, they are easily predictable.

As long as it has Roost, it can go for more power if able, which he is.

I gotta cool down.

EDIT:I'm glad Name isn't stressed, he explained it better.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ok now look, you just contradicted that Earthquake is useful with Stone Edge, it's one of THE best 2 moves to use together for a physical attacker. If you are saying to rely on Accuracy, Ice Fang also has a really good coverage with Earthquake.

Yeah, I get that stone edge is all nioce on the likes of Tyranitar, but Gliscor is no attacking force, no need to try to make him one. Ice Fang is fine with EQ, I have no problem with ice fang, my beef is with the uselessness that is stone edge on gliscor.

I know QuakeSlide is good, but Ice Fang and AA are both far superior as they both maintain at least decent coverage and actually don't miss hardly at all and actually hit its counters.

Stone Edge takes good care of Salamence + Dragonite

Which Ice Fang does far better.

Aerial Ace takes care of Grass/Bug, now this has become an opinion war rather than an argument =O You go for Aerial Ace, contains Acc + Medicore Power, Stone Edge, contains power + coverage, Ice Fang, super coverage

AA is hardly less powerful than Stone Edge to begin with. With STAB, 90 Base Power and PERFECT accuracy vs. a move with poor accuracy and only a little more power.

This reminds me of the Aqua Tail / Waterfall Debate for Gyara...I believe Waterfall won. Not to mention AA has far more PP.

STAB isn't always needed, one is enough for one Pokemon, with that STAB, you combine COVERAGE. Understand me now?

Well, there's EQ which it always has. Stone Edge has coverage, but walls don't really need coverage, they usually only need to hit what they're countering.

Ice Fang and AA do that FAR better than Stone Edge, both with reliable accuracy and PP, even if power is slightly lacking.

There really isn't any reason to use Stone Edge. Anything it hits, Ice Fang, AA, or EQ hits it just as hard or harder.

AA / Ice Fang IMO is a much more worthy debate to use our time on...Ice Fang is coverage, AA is power. Really, 90 base power and 100 base power...the difference is minimal...and I think 15 more PP and way better accuracy make up for that minor difference.

Ice Fang has superior coverage and does hit more pokemon it is meant to counter, harder.

You choose. Stone Edge's slight power increase isn't worth it and Ice Fang can provide coverage if you so desire.

Or that's my point of view :P

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Naw, it's not truly the power I'm looking at Anti, I'm looking at coverage. Like I said above, take advantage of Gliscor's abnormally high Spd/Atk

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Stone Edge takes on more prominent threats like Gyarados. Ice Fang 2HKOs Garchomp and Salamence, although you can only take on the latter if it is only sporting physical attacks.

Its really a matter of who our team fears more.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Stone Edge takes on more prominent threats like Gyarados. Ice Fang 2HKOs Garchomp and Salamence, although you can only take on the latter if it is only sporting physical attacks.

Its really a matter of who our team fears more.

Gyarados...interesting...but Ice Fang and Waterfall blow Gliscor into the ground, I wouldn't really keep it in to live the day it dies. Though for switch-ins I like the idea.

Naw, it's not truly the power I'm looking at Anti, I'm looking at coverage. Like I said above, take advantage of Gliscor's abnormally high Spd/Atk

Then Ice Fang is the best option.

the power vs. coverage debate is mere opinion, but I can pretty much prove stone edge isn't so useful on it when looking at its other options.

Gliscor is one of those few new pokemon I like, I'm accustomed to using it :P Stone Edge is really meh (unless you run a mega-novelty SD set, where coverage would matter more and power would help a lot)

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    You guys were talking about using Gliscor as a physical wall and Heracross counter. That's why I picked Aerial Ace. You can use Donphan for Stealth Rock if you feel you really need it, in my opinion.

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
    Impish; 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Roost

I think this is what I posted earlier, except I only mentioned moves. Earthquake is there because it's one of the best physical attacks in the game, Aerial Ace for getting rid of Heracross, Breloom, and whatever else may be weak to it, Ice Fang for Garchomp, Flygon, and Aerodactyl, and Roost for recovery.

The idea I have here is to have the most Defense possible while still doing enough damage to make your opponent worry. My Togekiss employs a similar strategy.

Eden @ Life Orb; Serene Grace
    Timid; 252 Special Attack, 80 Speed, 176 Special Defense
    Tri Attack
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Wish

Wish is there to help with the Life Orb's recoil, and Eden otherwise attacks. We can do the same with Gliscor.

(Note: I can change Eden's EVs if I need to, but this isn't the thread for that, so if you have any fixes, PM me instead.)

Ársa

k.
    Years
    You guys were talking about using Gliscor as a physical wall and Heracross counter. That's why I picked Aerial Ace. You can use Donphan for Stealth Rock if you feel you really need it, in my opinion.

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
    Impish; 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Roost

I think this is what I posted earlier, except I only mentioned moves. Earthquake is there because it's one of the best physical attacks in the game, Aerial Ace for getting rid of Heracross, Breloom, and whatever else may be weak to it, Ice Fang for Garchomp, Flygon, and Aerodactyl, and Roost for recovery.

The idea I have here is to have the most Defense possible while still doing enough damage to make your opponent worry. My Togekiss employs a similar strategy.

Eden @ Metronome / Leftovers; Serene Grace
    Calm; 252 Special Attack, 80 HP, 176 Special Defense

Roost
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Thunder Wave

Wish is there to help with the Life Orb's recoil, and Eden otherwise attacks. We can do the same with Gliscor.

(Note: I can change Eden's EVs if I need to, but this isn't the thread for that, so if you have any fixes, PM me instead.)

In regards to Togekiss, it isn't going to be outspeeding anything, so it doesn't really need spd IV's. Plug them into HP. You wan to be able to recover, and Togekiss is also able to paralyze the opponent with Thunder Wave, handy when combined with Air Slash. You wanted it to be defensive, and yet you give it life Orb? Metronome or Leftovers please, as life orb sort of defeates the point of a wall.

BTW, this is blown out of the water by Heracross...

~T_S

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    In regards to Togekiss, it isn't going to be outspeeding anything, so it doesn't really need spd IV's. Plug them into HP. You wan to be able to recover, and Togekiss is also able to paralyze the opponent with Thunder Wave, handy when combined with Air Slash. You wanted it to be defensive, and yet you give it life Orb? Metronome or Leftovers please, as life orb sort of defeates the point of a wall.

BTW, this is blown out of the water by Heracross...

~T_S

I specifically stated to PM me stuff like this. Clearly you don't read.

sims796

Years
    Then Ice Fang is the best option.

the power vs. coverage debate is mere opinion, but I can pretty much prove stone edge isn't so useful on it when looking at its other options.

Gliscor is one of those few new pokemon I like, I'm accustomed to using it :P Stone Edge is really meh (unless you run a mega-novelty SD set, where coverage would matter more and power would help a lot)

Not really. Simply because Dragons/Tangrowth won't be the only thing we battle. That's the exact reason I took that sub-par Ice Fang off Gya. The drop in power was too great. Stone Edge kept that power.

Thusfore, it's Power + Coverage vs Accuraccy.

The accuraccy isn't that painful. As I said, it works fine for my Gya. Which is an arguement, since he's always put in a do-or-die situation. Gliscor is not. I don't know how it is on shoddy, but I know how it is on wifi-it isn't that painful.

As for Waker, He doesn't need ALL tose moves. Two is good, since we are replacing Donphan for Starmie.\

EDIT:That rudeness to Tortured wasn't necessary, especially sionce he only helped you out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back