• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    As for Waker, He doesn't need ALL tose moves. Two is good, since we are replacing Donphan for Starmie.\

EDIT:That rudeness to Tortured wasn't necessary, especially sionce he only helped you out.

I see.

Sorry about that. I have a really hard time being able to tell what is rude and what is not.

Anyway, if we're using Starmie instead of Donphan (which does make sense since we're using Gliscor), I guess the decision is between Aerial Ace for Heracross or Ice Fang for general coverage.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    In a Sandstorm helps to even things out though, and Ice Fang isn't too much better. As I stated after you PM'd me, I couldn't care about your Togekiss, I was simply stating what would be best for the team here if we were to use it. Yours can be whatever you want, but I simply fixed it in favour of this thread.

BTW, sorry if I offended you.

*BACK ON TOPIC: May I ask the pokemon in discussion? (The whole team I mean) If I know the whole team, I can give thoughts better in regards to threats and what-not.

~T_S

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    That's the main thing here. He has the defences to afford a miss. Plus, the accuracy isn't that painful. I use it on a daily bases. The misss hurts, but the pain that I give is worth it.

Besides, 8 PP isn't so bad. Ice Fang is an option, but I am sick of how Stone Edge is being downplayed. This isn't aimmed at anyone in particular, however.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    In a Sandstorm helps to even things out though, and Ice Fang isn't too much better. As I stated after you PM'd me, I couldn't care about your Togekiss, I was simply stating what would be best for the team here if we were to use it. Yours can be whatever you want, but I simply fixed it in favour of this thread.

BTW, sorry if I offended you.

*BACK ON TOPIC: May I ask the pokemon in discussion? (The whole team I mean) If I know the whole team, I can give thoughts better in regards to threats and what-not.

~T_S

It's okay.

I'd like to ask what the team is so far as well.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Goodnight sims. :)

Anyway, if we do decide on Gliscor, then how is this?

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk

Earthquake
    Stone Edge / Ice Fang
    Knock Off / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Rock Polish / Baton Pass
    Knock Off / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Rock Polish / Baton Pass

My opinion, it can switch in on Cross pretty easy. I know not having roost is more of a o.0 moment, but hear me out. Most likely to opp. will switch. Rock Polish or Swords Dance on the switch and then BP to something that can take the hit. Again, this depends on the rest of the team, but....yeah.

I still don't like my disclusion of Roost, but I cannot see it going anywhere else unless we decided to go without BP and keep the SD/RP to Gliscor. (Either that or Earthquake goes, making it a one-hit wonder to Heracross, and not able to take on much else.)

Somewhere in the 76 Spd. EV's range I think would be good if we had worries of Timid Magnezone, but yet again I need to see the team.

Good Night Everybody,

~T_S

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    knock off is excellent as it really cripples your opponent, but we should really make a debate to choose what is better:
    I'm sticking with AA because the main debate was to have a pokemon that beats Hera.

-Stone Edge(-accuracy +power; good coverage):
    -Ice Fang (+accuracy -power; good coverage):
    -Arial Ace(+accuaracy +power; bad coverage):1

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Umm I don't know if you know this but stealth rock does 12.5 damage to a pokemon that regularly is neutral to rock, if it X2 weakness then it does 25% and if it has X4 weakness it receives 50%, IF IT IS RESITANT IT DOES 6. 25 % and it takes one turn to setup versus spikes.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Umm I don't know if you know this but stealth rock does 12.5 damage to a pokemon that regularly is neutral to rock, if it X2 weakness then it does 25% and if it has X4 weakness it receives 50%, IF IT IS RESITANT IT DOES 6. 25 % and it takes one turn to setup versus spikes.

I know what it does. I don't see why it's so useful.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I know what it does. I don't see why it's so useful.

Ruins focus sashers and is also great to pile on damage to make walls easy to pick off with sweepers. Spikes is better, but oh well.

But ruining sashers is a must if you carry fragile stuff like Zam and for pretty much any late-game sweeping attempt invloving one of those pokemon...if that made sense >.>

And about AA on Gliscor, I really fail to see how that has bad coverage...somebody explain that to me.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Ruins focus sashers and is also great to pile on damage to make walls easy to pick off with sweepers. Spikes is better, but oh well.

But ruining sashers is a must if you carry fragile stuff like Zam and for pretty much any late-game sweeping attempt invloving one of those pokemon...if that made sense >.>

And about AA on Gliscor, I really fail to see how that has bad coverage...somebody explain that to me.

Now that is a great explanation.

Aerial Ace is super effective against Grass, Bug, and Fighting. I fail to see how this is "bad coverage" as well.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah...it's a pokemon website, people overlook stuff ;)

But my other thing with AA is that not only does it hit certain types for supereffective (fighting being the biggie, as it beats any fighter w/o Ice Punch). But really, not much resists AA/EQ (Skarm and Bronzong do, what you can't hurt either of them for crap anyways.) but it is hardly resisted at all, unless I'm overlooking something.

So...

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Aerial Ace / Ice Fang (up for debate)
    - Knock Off / Stealth Rock (also up for debate)

I prefer AA, since the extra power over ice fang is great. And my team gets slaughtered by Heracross >.>

Knock Off/SR is something that I shouldn't comment on since I'm really biased here. Knock Off is the coolest move ever though, bye specsmence!

SR has its uses though, I quite like the move myself lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Shouldn't Cliscor have something to sidetrack its opponents when it uses Roost? Like an immobolizing move or something? It just seems that while Roost gives Flying power, it leaves you open to an OHKO Ice Beamer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back