• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    We can go with Scizor but even if we choose Heracross along with it we still have half the team weak to fire. Metagross, Scizor and Heracross. We need something with speed so I am going to suggest a Garchomp.

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
    I only meant for us to chose one of those pokemon on that list. Garchomp would be a good pokemon for the last choice. We could have Salamence and Dragonite for that matter. I do think it should be at least part dragon, seeing as we dont have one of those yet. Since we will probably have at least two pokemon weak against fire, we should balance it out with many pokemon resistant to fire(i.e. Dragon type).

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Okay I noticed that Dusknoir doesn't have a move set and we don't have a designated annoyer.

So how bout
    -Curse
    -Confuse ray/Calm Mind
    -Toxic
    -Shadow Punch

and we change his nature from Calm to Sassy, which raises Sp.Def and lowers Speed.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I am gonna go with Scizor. He is only weak to Fire and his Defense and Attack stats are great. Heracross is weak to flying and fire etc.

As for the last Pokemon I nominate Garchomp definately. This team needs Speed and he has it.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I only meant for us to chose one of those pokemon on that list. Garchomp would be a good pokemon for the last choice. We could have Salamence and Dragonite for that matter. I do think it should be at least part dragon, seeing as we dont have one of those yet. Since we will probably have at least two pokemon weak against fire, we should balance it out with many pokemon resistant to fire(i.e. Dragon type).

Salamence definatly, it has strong Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed stats and decent defense and sp.def for an attack based pokemon, plus I like it better.

Edit:Garchomp's base speed stat is only 2 better than Salamences, 100 to 102, he is better defensively though, but water attacks do normal damage.

Vainz

Years
    I was wondering why you guys wanted a annoyer. Dusknoir is an annoyer, he just also makes a great wall. His moveset should probably be:

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    EV's Def-252, SpDef-252, HP-6
    Nature: Sassy
    -Curse
    -Mean Look
    -Rest
    -Shadow Punch Or Confuse Ray

He does not need Toxic because by the time toxic kicks in, he will already be killed by Curse. (1/4) of HP each turn. Mean Look makes it so he cant run from Curse (Muhahahah). Rest so that he can get healed after Curse. Shadow Punch or Confuse Ray to shave off more HP or to annoy even more.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    If we do go with Salamence I did always like the Draco Meteor one. I went up against one and it completely dented my teams walls. All it does it hit and run but still enough to cripple teams.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I was wondering why you guys wanted a annoyer. Dusknoir is an annoyer, he just also makes a great wall. His moveset should probably be:

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    -Curse
    -Mean Look
    -Rest
    -Shadow Punch Or Confuse Ray

He does not need Toxic because by the time toxic kicks in, he will already be killed by Curse. (1/4) of HP each turn. Mean Look makes it so he cant run from Curse (Muhahahah). Rest so that he can get healed after Curse. Shadow Punch or Confuse Ray to shave off more HP or to annoy even more.

I say keep one attaking move in Shadow Punch, and then decide between Rest and confuse Ray.

Curse
    Mean Look
    Rest/Confuse Ray
    Shadow Punch

And just a random thought here, we could get a speedy pokemon like Ninjask/Crobat/Weavile as a fifth with Sunny Day and then throw a Salamence out there as a sixth with Solarbeam to take care of any pesky Milotics.
    I'm not going to serious with this just something that could be grown apon.

Edit: Woops got Salamence mixed up with Arcanine, Salamence can't learn Solarbeam, ignore^^

Vainz

Years
    This is a tough choice. On the one hand, Salamence is uneffected by ground attacks, has DD under his belt, and honestly, he looks better than Garchomp. On the other hand, Garchomp has one less weakness than Salamence, and has more speed (even if it is only a little). If we go with Scizor, we should go with Salamence. If we go with Crobat or Heracross, then we go with Garchomp.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I personally find Heracross very overrated. Ice moves are more effective on Salamence but because of Garchomp ground types some moves that are ussually not very efective are of normal effect.
    My main reason for posting, whats DD?

Vainz

Years
    I agree Mr.May16. We will go with Rest. Confuse Ray is fun to do to people, but it is only useful 50% of the time. Final Choice:?

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    -Curse
    -Mean Look
    -Rest
    -Shadow Punch

Vainz

Years
    I would just like to add that Dusknoir could doom a Blissey. Not even Aromatherapy can cure a curse. It can use softboiled all it wants, its not going to win.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Nothing Mr.May 16, Nothing. This is the line up i think we should use.

Dusknoir
    Milotic
    Metagross
    Porygon-Z
    Scizor
    Salamence

Once again. Nothing.

Nothing? like none of them look more scary and ya I agree with you, that's why I put them all in the first block.
    Lookin at this makes me sad, makes me miss the Salamence my brother traded when he stoll my Pearl, but anyways I think we've made a scary team.
    Now we need move sets for Salamence and Scizor.

Vainz

Years
    We will wait till the other usualls have a chance to respond. It took a while but i think we made some good choices. Plus, besides the sticky threads, we have the most popular string on this topic. I am going to change my trainer card to fit the team we made if the others agree.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Well do we want to go with the Physical Sweeping Salamence or the Hit and Run Draco Meteor-mence. Personally I'd go with the Draco Meteor Salamence. Being the first Pokemon it can just use Draco Meteor heavily damaging what is out in front of it. If the opponent is smart they'd swithc out their crippled Pokemon. Basically that is when we pull Salamence out and rest the field with Dusknoir.

As for one of Dusknoir's moves...

why isn't Will-o-Wisp one of them? It can basically stop all Physical Sweepers in their tracks.

I also agree on the team we have chosen. A sCizor would setup a Porygon-Z perfectly.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    But what else would Dusknoir do after it does Mean Look and Curse? It would just sit there and wait for the Pokemon to die.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back