• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I was pro-Starmie since we compared her to Gengar.

We only need her as a spinner. Let that be the case, we could use Donphan as a Shuffler (thanks to Anti for finding the right word), or Keep Bronzong for Spikes setting-up. Or, we could use Gliscor as a wall. Does it get whirlwind?

I don't think Gliscor can PHaze, 99% sure on that.

Donphan works best when it can set up SR on its own and then just roar roar roar.

Actually, I used it once with Weavile (to kill incoming gengar and other special sweepers that otherwise murder donphan) and Noir to block Spinners, and it was a nuisance for people to deal with. However, it does take quite a beating, but allows a good set-up for a late-game sweep from the likes of DDtar or DDnite.

Remember, Starmie a the mixape counter here :P that's its other use...that and countering Gyara.

EDIT: Any mixape with HP ice is lol since you can kill it with a bulky water easily or just wall it with blissey if its close combat that it drops (making it special Nape). without flamethrower mixape is just lol. for obvious reasons...

EDIT 2: forry is a cooler Weavile counter since it is a more reliable wall and can spin.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This is off topic but..

Is Gliscor ran with U-Turn? I realize it can Baton Pass. That seems interesting. Baton Passing Swords Dance. Of course, we wouldn't use it, but still. I mean, if it uses U-Turn, Baton Passing seems better.

U-Turn is best for beating up on its counters. That's the whole purpose behind it, otherwise it would be a pretty meh move.

BP is to take advantage of SD, Rock Polish, and Taunt.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    I thought it might help if I gave you guys a list of all the OU and BL Pokémon (according to Smogon), and a list of how many weaknesses they each have.

OU

Starmie 5
    Zapdos 2*
    Azelf 3
    Lucario 3
    Electivire 1
    Yanmega 5
    Vaporeon 2
    Celebi 7
    Machamp 2
    Magnezone 3
    Tyranitar 6
    Dugtrio 3
    Dragonite 3
    Tangrowth 5
    Swampert 1
    Suicune 2
    Forretress 1
    Skarmory 2*
    Infernape 4
    Jirachi 2
    Slowbro 5
    Garchomp 2
    Hippowdon 3
    Breloom 5
    Salamence 3
    Rhyperior 6
    Cresselia 3
    Gliscor 2
    Porygon-Z 1
    Gyarados 2
    Heatran 3
    Heracross 3
    Blissey 1
    Gengar 3*
    Dusknoir 2
    Metagross 2
    Bronzong 1
    Donphan 3
    Aerodactyl 5
    Togekiss 3
    Weavile 5
    Weezing 1*

BL

Arcanine 3
    Lickilicky 1
    Venusaur 4
    Zangoose 1
    Entei 3
    Ambipom 1
    Ursaring 1
    Mamoswine 5
    Medicham 2
    Exeggutor 7
    Milotic 2
    Mismagius 2
    Cloyster 4
    Gallade 2
    Honchkrow 3
    Staraptor 3
    Ninjask 5
    Sceptile 5
    Torterra 4
    Jynx 6
    Regice 4
    Marowak 3
    Steelix 4
    Blaziken 4
    Rampardos 5
    Floatzel 2
    Raikou 1
    Roserade 4
    Kingdra 1
    Magmortar 3
    Ludicolo 3
    Spiritomb 0**
    Gardevoir 3
    Feraligatr 2
    Uxie 3
    Registeel 3
    Tauros 1
    Empoleon 3
    Miltank 1
    Flygon 2
    Charizard 3*
    Claydol 6
    Jolteon 1
    Snorlax 1
    Shaymin 5***
    Regirock 5
    Scizor 1
    Houndoom 4
    Smeargle 1
    Abomasnow 7
    Shedinja 5
    Moltres 3*
    Drapion 1
    Alakazam 3
    Umbreon 2
    Regigigas 1
    Hariyama 2
    Slaking 1
    Articuno 5
    Leafeon 5
    Espeon 3
    Mesprit 3

*Add one weakness if Gravity is in effect.
    **Add one weakness if this Pokémon is affected by Scrappy, Foresight, or Odor Sleuth.
    ***This Pokémon is currently illegal.

There you go. Looks like you have quite a list to choose from, depending on what strategy this "ultimate team" you're working on is going to implement.

On a side note, my spell checker tells me that Slaking is not misspelled. The rest of the Pokémon names are (because you won't find them in a dictionary).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Just to point out that weaks of certain types are almost always irrelevant, I (true story here) had an ADV team with 5 pokemon weak to ice, and then Blissey. Let's just say that ice types were never a problem.

We're really looking to counter stuff, not see what types hurt us the most. Types can determine pokemon a team is weak to, but that's the only use in most cases as far as team-building and using a team goes.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Just to point out that weaks of certain types are almost always irrelevant, I (true story here) had an ADV team with 5 pokemon weak to ice, and then Blissey. Let's just say that ice types were never a problem.

We're really looking to counter stuff, not see what types hurt us the most. Types can determine pokemon a team is weak to, but that's the only use in most cases as far as team-building and using a team goes.

Quite true.

Nice try, but unfortunately, that doesn't really help much. At least you didn't make a list of the pokes we MUST use, like MKDS. That was annoying.

But a list of OU's & how many weaknesses they have is, as Anti said, quite irrelevant. We don't need to know how many weakesses a poke have. Unless we are using it. We aren't trying to counter every poke out there, nor are we trying to make a team with no shared weaknesses. My team was VERY much Boltbeam weak. Grumpig solved that pretty easily. Type isn't the *most* important part in a team. It's overccoming those weaknesses. Grumpig is weak to Ghost, but it laughs at Gengar's Shadow Ball's, & outlives Porygon-Z's Dark Pulse.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    *inserts me going all emo and berserk, yelling about how I'm just a worthless noob who knows absolutely nothing about Pokémon from a competitive point of view whatsoever*

I couldn't be bothered to type another rant.

The point is, I tried to help. Telling me that it's irrelevant or pointless obliterates what little self-esteem I have, so please refrain from doing so in the future.

That said, if I remember correctly, countering is switching to a Pokémon who both takes as little damage as possible from the opponent while also posing an immediate threat, right? How am I supposed to come up with a list of counters? At this rate, I may as well just advertise Smogon a lot more.

All right, at least tell me what you have so far, and I'll see what I can do from there.

sims796

Years
    What? Neither me nor Anti never, ever said anything like that. We just explained why that list was irrelevant. If the list does not help, we will not pretend that it is. You don't come up with a list of counters. There is no need for that either. We said you tried to help, but that list does not help us. I don't see how that can "damage your self esteem", as we only explained why that list wasn't exactly helpful. We didn't insult you, in any way, shape, or form, so please, don't make it as if we were. We won't stop from saying "that does not help us", just because you might get upset.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    What? Neither me nor Anti never, ever said anything like that. We just explained why that list was irrelevant. If the list does not help, we will not pretend that it is. You don't come up with a list of counters. There is no need for that either. We said you tried to help, but that list does not help us. I don't see how that can "damage your self esteem", as we only explained why that list wasn't exactly helpful. We didn't insult you, in any way, shape, or form, so please, don't make it as if we were. We won't stop from saying "that does not help us", just because you might get upset.

The fact that it wasn't helpful is the problem. You and Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13 pointed this out, which made me feel worse. Yes, you acknowledged that I tried, it's just that I'm very pessimistic by nature.

But let's drop it, or we'll just turn this into another flaming spam war. What do you have so far?

sims796

Years
    Oh, this is the current team, in debate

Gengar
    Blissey
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Electivire/Dragon Sweeper/Heracross

These pokes are being discussed:

Starmie, Gliscor, Donphan.

Look at the previous post to catch up on what we are currently doing. Helps prevent needless clutter
    & endless confusion.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Oh, this is the current team, in debate

Gengar
    Blissey
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Electivire/Dragon Sweeper/Heracross

These pokes are being discussed:

Starmie, Gliscor, Donphan.

Look at the previous post to catch up on what we are currently doing. Helps prevent needless clutter
    & endless confusion.

Okay, then let's use that Magikarp set I came up with earlier in the thread.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

The way I see it, Infernape would be a mixed sweeper, Gengar a special sweeper, Electivire/Heracross/Dragon-type a physical sweeper, Blissey a special wall and medic, and Donphan an entry hazard/spin/shuffle utility.

Also, since this is supposed to be the best possible team, weather conditions shouldn't matter.

That said... We could probably use Snorlax as a general wall (the Curse set I think), since we need some sort of physical defense. We could also use a physical tank of some sort, like Swampert maybe.

Then again, Donphan might be being used as a physical wall, in which case pretty much any kickass Pokémon would work.

Looks like I have some thinking to do.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    That team seriously isn't THAT ice weak, it just looks so because we're debating Gliscor and Garchomp for it. But, as you guys said, the weaknesses don't matter if we have good Pokemon against them.

sims796

Years
    No, you gotta look at the previous post, as you stated everything we said. EVERYTHING. It's very eeriee.

But look at the pages 70 to here. You'll catch up. Snorlax is more of a special wall, we have Blissey, & if you look at the past five pages, you'll see that we are searching for a Hera counter. Snorlax is Hera-weak.

EDIT:Wooty, that is exactly what I said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back