• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't know what Hera has that is even a threat to Donphan. Forry is a decent counter, but using both Donphan & Forry is redundant. You know what would be nice? A baton-passer. That is a nice little role to have. Maybe Scizor?

I guess Hera. For the physical sweeper.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Ok NO HIPPOWDON! Is EVERYONE foregtting Sandstream! It'll hurt us too, so Donphan stays, and we can keep a spinner. Gengar beats Starmie, with its resistances, switching in on Earthquakes, Close Combats, Returns, blah blah balh gives us a killer edge on Choice itemed users.

And Im saying Bronzong over Gliscor, rewriting the team right now its

Gengar
    Blissey
    Bronzong
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Electivire/Dragon Sweeper/Heracross

So Im saying yes to Electivire.
    '

This is true. So when you use Hippo's Sadnstorm, Bronzong can't be hit, plus you got two walls. And with Bronzong's Trick Room boosting Hippowdon's Speed, it equals=UH OH for the opponents.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Ok NO HIPPOWDON! Is EVERYONE foregtting Sandstream! It'll hurt us too, so Donphan stays, and we can keep a spinner. Gengar beats Starmie, with its resistances, switching in on Earthquakes, Close Combats, Returns, blah blah balh gives us a killer edge on Choice itemed users.

Your point is? Why not have both? You just need to get rid of Weavile first.

Starmie can switch on Infernape, Gyarados, Garchomp - 3 of the biggest threats in the game, and threaten to 1HKO, while being able to spin. Ice Shard from Donphan doesn't even nearly kills Garchomp or Salamence who might carry Draco Meteor and end him.

sims796

Years
    Then we will lack a wall. & a Phazer/Stealth Rocker.

We backtrack too much. We said Starmie before.

I say no Hippowdon. I never liked Sandstorm, it hurts our team.

& jb, if Bronzong uses Trick Room, WE will get hurt the most. Just about all of our pokes are fast. Trick Room will make them all go last. Except Bronzong & Hippowdon. Oooo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    But trick Room and Sand Stream only last 5 turns. that's what walls are for. To take hits and stall time to weaken the opponents. And If you don't wat Hippo's Sand Stream, you can always switch it out.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But trick Room and Sand Stream only last 5 turns. that's what walls are for. To take hits and stall time to weaken the opponents. And If you don't wat Hippo's Sand Stream, you can always switch it out.

lolwut ?

Sandstream lasts the whole match

Trick room does nothing but hurt us, our team is too fast for it.

Although i agree with Syaoran, Starmie is arguably the best Rapid Spinner and should be considered.

Last edited:

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    Midnight Winged said:
    Gengar
    Blissey
    Bronzong
    Infernape
    Donphan
    Electivire/Dragon Sweeper/Heracross

Donphan or Starmie as rapid spinner heres differences.

Donphan:
    Pros:
    ice shard
    rapid spinner
    Only weak to grass ice and water <- Water and ice are pretty popular.
    Good moveset
    high attack and defence base stats

Starmie:
    Pros:
    Boltbeamer
    only weak to electric, grass, bug, and dark. <- dark and electric moves are pretty popular
    rapid spinner
    higher speed base

So their pretty much the same, take Donphan for less super effectiveness or take Starmie for speed I guess.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Donphan:
    Pros:
    ice shard
    rapid spinner
    Good moveset

Starmie:
    Pros:
    Boltbeamer
    only weak to electric, grass, bug, and dark. <- dark and electric moves are pretty popular
    rapid spinner
    higher speed base

So their pretty much the same, take Donphan for less super effectiveness or take Starmie for speed I guess.

I say starmie >> Donphan.

Just because we have Gliscor as a physical wall and we sort of die to mixape.

sims796

Years

I must agree with Dark Azelf. You really think that they will allow us to stay for 5 WOLE TURNS? Ya need to do a bit of research first. As Azelf said, Sandstorm last THE WHOLE MATCH.

As for Trick Room, again, you think they will stay for 5 WHOLE TURNS? What self respecting opponent will allow your wall to stay for that long? Trick Room hits the whole team, & should never be used just for one poke.

Donphan:
    Pros:
    ice shard
    rapid spinner
    Good moveset

Starmie:
    Pros:
    Boltbeamer
    rapid spinner
    higher speed base

Not really. One is a true blue wall, which we will lose without Donphan. One is, well, Starmie. You know.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sims arnt we going a bit overkill though on physical walls, i mean we have Gliscor, thats enough, starmie is spinner and can fit in nicely where Donphan is and as i said before to stop mixape obliteration.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    I'm going to have to agree that starmie fits better with the team. Forgive me for asking a redundant question, but what is the point of gliscor?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    To stop Heracross rape lol

Even better for stopping Garchomp destruction, though Caihchomp owns Gliscor.

'

This is true. So when you use Hippo's Sadnstorm, Bronzong can't be hit, plus you got two walls. And with Bronzong's Trick Room boosting Hippowdon's Speed, it equals=UH OH for the opponents.

No, not at all. Even with speed Hippo is no threat to anything that counters it. Hippo can't attack that well even with its nice base Atk and can be outpredicted for a few turns, or just plain outstalled (*coughBlisseyandSkarmorycough*).

Trick room is meant for the likes of choice band Tyranitar who then turn pretty much uber.

sims, Hippowdon gets slack off to recover :P Chainchomp in the hands of a good player is almost a guarenteed kill. SD Garchomp just SDes and watches Weavile show up to its doorstep. Hi fire blast. But that's besides the point lol

That's right, one on one is useless. *slaps self*

And to be honest, I haven't kept very up to date on this thread since it has kind of gone downhill. (BTW, I missed that response earlier, just thought I'd share my response lol)

It's a shame to see what has happened to this thread...we aren't really getting anywhere lol

If you want a PHazer, Donphan is knocking on your door. Utility donphan is a nice pokemon, but hasd a huge donside in lacking Recovery:

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock / Ice Shard

Spikeshuffler anyone? Spinning is cool too.

When you have a wall like that that can perform these functions, it gives you a lot more freedom in choosing the rest of your team.

Blissey can be a heal beller for walling and crap, or you can just use Celebi and some other special wall.

Just a few of my thoughts lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Even better for stopping Garchomp destruction, though Caihchomp owns Gliscor.

No, not at all. Even with speed Hippo is no threat to anything that counters it. Hippo can't attack that well even with its nice base Atk and can be outpredicted for a few turns, or just plain outstalled (*coughBlisseyandSkarmorycough*).

Trick room is meant for the likes of choice band Tyranitar who then turn pretty much uber.

sims, Hippowdon gets slack off to recover :P Chainchomp in the hands of a good player is almost a guarenteed kill. SD Garchomp just SDes and watches Weavile show up to its doorstep. Hi fire blast. But that's besides the point lol

That's right, one on one is useless. *slaps self*

And to be honest, I haven't kept very up to date on this thread since it has kind of gone downhill. (BTW, I missed that response earlier, just thought I'd share my response lol)

It's a shame to see what has happened to this thread...we aren't really getting anywhere lol

If you want a PHazer, Donphan is knocking on your door. Utility donphan is a nice pokemon, but hasd a huge donside in lacking Recovery:

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock / Ice Shard

Spikeshuffler anyone? Spinning is cool too.

When you have a wall like that that can perform these functions, it gives you a lot more freedom in choosing the rest of your team.

Blissey can be a heal beller for walling and crap, or you can just use Celebi and some other special wall.

Just a few of my thoughts lol

I guess Blissey could support donphan with Wish (Sorry i love wish support XD)

But dont we have like Bronzong, Gliscor , Donphan and Blissey for walling-ness. We really need to choose.

Bronzong gets stealth rock so that frees up a moveslot for donphan.

Im saying this now, if we dont run Starmie we die to Mix Infernape.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I guess Blissey could support donphan with Wish (Sorry i love wish support XD)

But dont we have like Bronzong, Gliscor , Donphan and Blissey for walling-ness. We really need to choose.

Bronzong gets stealth rock so that frees up a moveslot for donphan.

Im saying this now, if we dont run Starmie we die to Mix Infernape.

I support Starmie 100%.

But if we use it, we REALLY are going to want soemthing that will destroy weavile being Starmie's kryptonite basically.

Bronzong is cool, but overrated IMO. I'd go for something more along the lines of gliscor (meaning it can wall a certain kind of attack really well) because bronzong as a pure special or physical wall is pretty bad, and the mixed wall is overrated IMO. Really, Bronzong has let me down many times before :(

But really, Mixape dies to anything faster than it that can resist and OHKO. though it sucks, Scarf Mence is an example of a pokemon that can do this.

Dnite will OHKO and outspeed Nape after DD and can take any attack from it, even after nasty plot. It ruins the surprise of the late-game sweep, but is effective nonetheless.

sims796

Years
    I was pro-Starmie since we compared her to Gengar.

We only need her as a spinner. Let that be the case, we could use Donphan as a Shuffler (thanks to Anti for finding the right word), or Keep Bronzong for Spikes setting-up. Or, we could use Gliscor as a wall. Does it get whirlwind?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I support Starmie 100%.

But if we use it, we REALLY are going to want soemthing that will destroy weavile being Starmie's kryptonite basically.

Bronzong is cool, but overrated IMO. I'd go for something more along the lines of gliscor (meaning it can wall a certain kind of attack really well) because bronzong as a pure special or physical wall is pretty bad, and the mixed wall is overrated IMO. Really, Bronzong has let me down many times before :(

But really, Mixape dies to anything faster than it that can resist and OHKO. though it sucks, Scarf Mence is an example of a pokemon that can do this.

Dnite will OHKO and outspeed Nape after DD and can take any attack from it, even after nasty plot. It ruins the surprise of the late-game sweep, but is effective nonetheless.

Bronzong is an effective weavile counter though, it OHKO's it with Gyro Ball and has a good Utility movepool.

Be careful ive seen some Infernapes packing hidden power ice and Hidden power Electric, not much can really switch in because its so fast. I agree with you though it cant take hits, but you have to switch in on a move you resist and MUST be faster Starmie resists both its STAB moves but doesnt like predicted Grass Knots or Hidden power Electrics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back