• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best Web authoring tool

• Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Microsoft Expression Web

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Visual Studio/Visual Web Developer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    What's the best Web authoring tool for you? Mine is Microsoft Expression Web 2, and Visual Studio.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    I like NVU (or whatever the updated version is called these days!) simply because it's rather lightweight and supports everything I need to do. It's like Frontpage, but actually useful! :)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I've favoured DreamWeaver and iWeb myself (though iWeb is only for if I was creating pages for a ME.com account, otherwise I'd use DreamWeaver.)
    Edit: I've also found Coda to be very useful for those who run Mac.

Last edited:

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I'm having no problems with Dreamweaver and I favor using it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • What's the best Web authoring tool for you? Mine is Microsoft Expression Web 2, and Visual Studio.

It really depends on the way you work. I prefer free hand coding over using a program. If I have to choose a program, I think I'd choose Dreamweaver.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • I use notepad++ for me I have used dreamweaver and it just gets on my nerves when it puts things in that I don't want to and its so slow at times it not worth the money to me.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • Smultron, which could very well de described as the Notepad++ for Mac OS X.

WYSIWYG Editors like Dreamweaver are just HORRID things. They need to be burned. Bonfire, anyone?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, I use Notepad++ among others. I find the software a little limited in some aspects, unless you edit the raw code, which would be the same as using a normal text editor.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • I use the Zap Text editor for all my web programming.

Henrik

d'oh!
    Years
  • I use Dreamweaver CS3 for coding designs and Notepad for changing and adding small things.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Steve and I are really the only ones that use HTML Kit? To me it just has the best interface and I've just grown so accustomed to using it that I've never been able to switch to anything else, even if I try to.

Back