• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Courtroom

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I was confused.
By not a town, I mean it's not something where you do nothing.
It says I pick someone to heal each night?
Am I a doctor then?
I'm not mafia because it probably would have mentioned it.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
...idek what to say to that. Doctor makes no sense for Gumshoe.

So, there are four kinds of players in this game: Defendants, who are akin to vanilla innos; Defense Attorneys, who are the inno power roles; Witnesses, who are third-party players with their own wincons; and Prosecutors, the game's mafia. From the sound of it, I'd say you're a Defense Attorney, and a pretty important one at that, if the claim can be believed.

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, it doesn't sound like the type of role Gumshoe would have. I'd pin him as a tracker or watcher. That said, plenty other defense attorneys could have that role, and there isn't a "Doctor" that prominent in the Phoenix Wright series from the top of my head. In addition, Gumshoe did save Phoenix Wright from the mafia tv producer, so it's arguable that there's the inspiration for making the detective a doctor role. Furthermore, the sheer awkwardness of the claim makes me believe it. I'm still mulling over whether to lynch Abby or EC, and at this point I'd vote EC for piling votes onto the Idawagon and trying to push for others to vote rashly. However, I'll wait for more reactions to this before doing anything. There's still daylight to burn, and I'd rather not lynch the doc if I can help it.

I'm a defendant also.
I'm not sure if it matters though.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I could reveal something that Ida was lying about but I think it would be considered game breaking or against the rules

I would like to know what it was.
I didn't lie, so if something is wrong then I made a mistake.
Can you let me know what it was?

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
I'm a defendant also.
I'm not sure if it matters though.

Ok, what?

Firstly, you can't be both a doctor and a defendant, since the defendants are not power roles.
Secondly, why would a real defendant EVER reveal that they are a defendant when the town loses when they all die?
Thirdly, and most importantly, I think you're forgetting that all the town know who the defendants are, and you are NOT one of them.

I nearly believed the whole clueless inno thing too, but you've just dug yourself an even deeper hole. FOS on Bard too for that matter.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
Ok got it, I don't know what my power is though

Don't reveal your power to us yet, but it should say what it does in your role PM. If you're still confused about it ask Mr James in private messages.

tbh asking the GM should really be something you do N0 if you're confused about your role, but better late than never I guess? :D

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
You are right.
I looked at it agin, and it's says I protect them, not that I'm one.

Wooooow ok.

Gonna [Unvote] Ida13 then, since she's now an uncc'd doc claim I guess, albeit a kinda messy one.
Gonna swap it to [Vote] Bardothren for not knowing that Ida couldn't be a defendant when she claimed one.

Also can I reveal who the defenants are?

why would a real defendant EVER reveal that they are a defendant when the town loses when they all die?

Might wanna think twice about that.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
OBJECTION!

So, since there seems to be some confusion, allow me to clear some things up.

I was under the presumption that Ida13, aka Detective Gumshoe, would be a Defense Attorney (aka Lawyer) because they're the ones with abilities. As stated in the OP,

Compare that to:

In addition, it makes no sense from a narrative standpoint that Detective Gumshoe would be a Defendant. He's never a defendant in any of the court cases in the Phoenix Wright games I've played. I'd say it'd be far more likely he's either a Lawyer or a maf-aligned Witness.

I was correct in my original analysis of Ida, and I didn't think it through when she said she was a defendant. I missed the later clarification, and I would really appreciate not being lynched because I didn't remember right away that all Defendants don't have abilities.

I'm not sure why everyone wants to lynch you.
You actively have been analyzing almost every post here, and you make one mistake, and everything lynches you.
You look innocent to me, though.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
*nods slowly*

If lynched here, boy I can't wait until the end when all will be revealed.

Back