• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Curse of Mt. Doom [GAMEOVER]

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Night Zero
    As the raided island disappeared, becoming just a dot on the horizon, the crew cheered. Twenty tankards clunked together, splashing their beer across the merry men and their hard-sought treasure.

Little did they notice the forced smiles in four of their colleagues. The island's curse had already possessed the weak, now it was time to wreck havoc on the ship and return the stolen treasures to the gods.

PM me your night actions!
    You have 24 hours.

Players

Mana as The Narrator/The Captain

Bardothren as ????
    Who's Kiyo? as ????
    Ethereal Wizard as ????
    Johnny as ????
    TheCapsFan as ????
    drewbie411 as ????
    NightKrow as ????
    Ullion as ????
    Desinishon as ????
    Nuclear Chicken as ????
    Lost as ????
    davepetasprite^2 as ????
    Rowlett as ????
    CatmanDaGamer as ????
    GropyAbsol as ????
    Alex Kaz as ????
    killua as ????
    Zehn as ????
    Golgari as ????
    jdthebud as ????
    Klippy as ????

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Day One
    Their celebrations ran long through the night, but eventually the rowdy crew succumbed to the alcohol. Many individuals fell fast asleep, but others took advantage of the quiet and set about their own business.

Several pirates set about investigating, following and listening in on their fellow crew. Professor Eiter, perhaps having one too many, decided to shack up with an old friend for the night and share an hour of passion with a sharp individual.

Coiny the Coindresser also found herself momentarily distracted, led astray by an unusual song she had heard below deck and never completing her task that night.

Loud Limey Shakes had managed to find a quiet corner in the ship. Without being disturbed all night, he had managed to craft himself some protection. He had been twitching and shaking ever since leaving the island, he knew there would be trouble soon. A piercing scream confirmed Limey's wandering thoughts.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=417400
    Bob was found dead!
    He was a member of the crew.

GM notes:
    > no lynch available
    > day will last 48 hours

Players

Mana as The Narrator/The Captain

Bardothren as ????
    Who's Kiyo? as ????
    Ethereal Wizard as ????
    Johnny as ????
    TheCapsFan as ????
    drewbie411 as ????
    NightKrow as ????
    Ullion as ????
    Desinishon as ????
    Nuclear Chicken as ????
    Lost as ????
    davepetasprite^2 as ????
    Rowlett as ????
    GropyAbsol as ????
    Alex Kaz as ????
    killua as ????
    Zehn as ????
    Golgari as ????
    jdthebud as ????
    Klippy as ????
    CatmanDaGamer as crewmate "Bob"

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm gonna be gone for a while today, but I have one thing to say/ask...

"share an hour of passion with a sharp individual."

Does this mean there is a lover?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Okay, so we know Bob (Catman) is a lightkeeper, which explains why there is no lynch.

To be honest, I'd think it's a safe bet for everyone to claim who they are.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • I'm gonna be gone for a while today, but I have one thing to say/ask...

"share an hour of passion with a sharp individual."

Does this mean there is a lover?

Sounds more like a hooker to me tbh... Not sure though.

Okay, so we know Bob (Catman) is a lightkeeper, which explains why there is no lynch.

To be honest, I'd think it's a safe bet for everyone to claim who they are.

Lol I think Mana meant we are allowed to no lynch, not that we can't lynch today xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    NightKrow is correct. You have the option to no-lynch, but can kill someone if you want. o/

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I agree that this one hour of passion thing sounds like a hooker, nice one Night! Most likely it's not lover cuz lover is third party. The setup is pretty clear, there are pirates as town, and possessed pirates as mafia. I don't think third parties are included, not unless Pete wanted to mess up with us anyway.

Also,
    Mana said:
    Little did they notice the force smiles in four of their colleagues
    By the night 0 post we know there's four mafias.

So, we're making some progress here already.

@Johnny : If you don't use that gun, chance is you'll get killed for it. So, maybe you should use it, just don't rush to shoot.
    Who knows, this Loud Limey Shakes person could even hand out vests instead of only crafting them for himself, so he could give you one?

Last edited:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • The Curse of Mt. Doom [GAMEOVER]

Btw, your gun being fabbed never even crossed my mind tbh. Sigh I'm getting rusty stop killing me I wanna play :'(

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Coiny the coindresser appears to be roleblocked as she "didn't complete her task"

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • So, assuming we have investigative roles of some sort, I'm going to place a vote as [Walk The Plank] Nobody

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Good morning!

Johnny claiming his gun right away makes me lean town on him, assuming he's telling the truth.

If no one else claims to be gunned (I am not), then it's likely be real. If someone else claims to be gunned then there is a strong possibility there is a fab. Of course that scenario assumes that a gunsmith actually gave out a gun. >.< I would say it's best to hold onto it for now.

I agree that it looks like we have a hooker and a drunk. Looks like drinking songs are distracting lol.

NLing is a valid plan but not really something I like doing. We should try to find some scum first anyway.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Coiny the coindresser appears to be roleblocked as she "didn't complete her task"

That's what I got from the flavour text, as well. So would it be correct to assume the Professor is a lover role, or was targeted by such?

I don't mind doing a NL, but agreeing to do so this early in the day phase is a very bad idea - it raises the chances of cutting out on discussion. We want more discussion and more early - so we get more frequent reads to potentially use later on.

As for JD's comment: Just claiming having a gun doesn't make him town (re: Klippy in BttB). I'm not saying I'm scum reading Johnny - not at all. Let's just not be hasty on town reading someone for doing something properly. :P

Also, I wasn't here for the first Pirate mafia game - but I'm not so sure revealing our names so soon is a good or bad idea. It could work both ways, tbh. But it's too early to decide, maybe. :/

Killua

Ok, so maf has a hooker and a roleblocker, I guess the maf has someone to recruit since they have 4 members.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Either that or you're actually the fabricator; fabbed me, then proceed to encourage me to use the gun to have your so desired revenge. A little farfetched, I know. Makes sense though :P

Assuming I take this seriously if I was mafia and wanted revenge on you I would have just killed you <3

Coiny the coindresser appears to be roleblocked as she "didn't complete her task"

Good point. So what, we have a hooker and a drunk?

Uhm, maybe Coiny was the one hooked and drunk doesn't even exist? Or am I missing something?

Edit : Nope, derp. Ignore this. Reread the phase post.

Back