• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Curse of Mt. Doom [GAMEOVER]

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    Idk, on the one hand Gunner is just being her usual self when townsided but on the other if she is mafia and managed to pull such a wifom trick off, then she is at a pretty solid spot when it comes to townreading people.
    So my thoughts about her alignment are kinda mixed at the moment.
    If a bandwagon were to form against Gunner I'd jump on it, but since we have investigative role(s) we should probably take advantage of the day 1 no lynch.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    Hmm... I'm not convinced she's mafia, but I'll keep an eye on her. It would suck to have 3 townies die before N1, so unless something else comes up I'll [Walk the Plank] no-one

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Honestly I townread gunner to a certain extent, She is an experienced player...

However, a certain cohort of hers could have done it were she in the mafia.

I wouldn't be too quick disprove the fab theory, Mana could just have quoted who johnny was aiming for.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Gunfire echoed through the ship. Someone had pulled a trigger, they were already suspicious of someone despite only two deaths.

Ullion's body fell to the ground after a single bullet to the head. A dense smoke seeped out of his mouth, falling through the floorboards and out of the ship.

Dream Shanks fell down!
    He was Possessed.

Spoiler:

Killua

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shanks, did you actually die this time?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
    The gun wasn't fabbed, Yuli just got shot...

[Lynch] Gunner

That was my exact thought when I saw Gunner's post.
    But there's no need to rush. Mana seems rather generous with his phase posts, so we can just nl and keep an eye at Gunner.
    • We can wait while the investigative role(s) find some leads for us
    • Mana gives us stuff to go on with his phase posts
    • Worst case scenario, we got no leads tomorrow, so we lynch Gunner.

[Walk the plank] Noone

Years
    That was my exact thought when I saw Gunner's post.
    But there's no need to rush. Mana seems rather generous with his phase posts, so we can just nl and keep an eye at Gunner.
    • We can wait while the investigative role(s) find some leads for us
    • Mana gives us stuff to go on with his phase posts
    • Worst case scenario, we got no leads tomorrow, so we lynch Gunner.

[Walk the plank] Noone

Good call. We have time.

[Walk the Plank] No One

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Dream Shanks fell down! He was Possessed.

I revisited Ullion's posts and there wasn't much that really interested me; most of his stuff was unsubstantial flavor that didn't indicate an opinion, townread, or scumread in any direction - very safe statements as to not indicate his scum alignment. He did try to instill doubt in JD by relating Johnny's gun claim to Klippy's sniper play in BttB:

As for JD's comment: Just claiming having a gun doesn't make him town (re: Klippy in BttB). I'm not saying I'm scum reading Johnny - not at all. Let's just not be hasty on town reading someone for doing something properly. :P

So if anything, this adds to my townread of JD; since, why would Ullion feel the need to make another scum player doubt his hasty townread in Johnny? It doesn't make sense from a ScumTeam!jdthebud/Ullion perspective.

This other bit did intrigue me, however:

I feel like these "bad mafia / derpy townie" moves are done by gunner nearly every game, though. So while under normal circumstances I'd consider Golgari's reasons as a reasonable. But since it's Gunner and she does this so often, I just don't know. :| Not saying I think she IS a townie - I just feel like this scenario comes up for often than it really should. XD

Wow, so many words to say absolutely nothing about what the town should do. This feels like a defense for gunner, in a way. "Oh, she does this all the time, it doesn't mean anything ..." And while, yes, Gunner does have silly plays and weird behavior in nearly every mafia game she's in (like when she was Hunter in BttB, she purposely looked scummy so she could get her dying shot in), it feels like he's trying to pull the town's eye from her.

Additionally, Gunner's name being used as the cursed word sounds like a play Gunner would use (since it's easily brushed off, "oh, just because my name was the word doesn't mean I'm scum"), so I'm currently subscribing to the Scum!Gunner theory. I would vote for her, but Alex has a point. We might have plenty of detectives and the narrative is choice, so I'll hold off for now and hope something more substancial crops up. [Walk the Plank] No-One.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shanks, did you actually die this time?

Mourning the scum.

okay.

So does this mean we had a fab after all? Now I'm confused...
    Guys, we might have a town sided fabricator ... Would explain why Yuli was fabbed, and maf, unless maf derped up.

Unless there's a role that creates a gun that backfires when shot by a maf and works when used by a town, I don't see this being a fabbed gun; especially since the death was mafia sided (seriously, it would take some sheer stupidity to fab your own teammate.) Considering the narrative:

"Someone had pulled a trigger, they were already suspicious of someone despite only two deaths."

This sounds like a real gun and active kill of someone, instead of Ulli getting a karmatic backlash.

The thing is though, Why wasn't this gun claimed?
    I wouldn't be too quick disprove the fab theory, Mana could just have quoted who johnny was aiming for.

That's what my initial thought was on the whole quote situation, and the idea is a bit more plausible considering another gun just went off successfully, but Johnny didn't say anything about it revealing who he shot - and when a gun backfires, at least in epicmafia, it doesn't reveal its target. So idk.

But now that I think about it, the new gunshot could be from a deputy/sheriff-esque role, so, there's that to think about as to why the gun wasn't claimed.

Also, I have to say that Loud Limey Shakes sounds a lot like a Tinkerer, but for vests. Maybe he can make guns too? Seems kinda strange when it said he wasn't disturbed by anyone, but that could just be flavor text.

I'm still thinking it's a blacksmith and he just chose himself to vest. As I said before, it looks like he can only use his powers when he isn't visited, hence the "wasn't disturbed" text.

Gotta test the waters first. Also, not sure if I should say this or not, but I got a vest. Doesn't mean it's real, just mean someone visited me.

This could be Limey soft, could be fabbed vest, could be lie. Noted, though.​

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I haven't heard much from you. What do you think about Gunner? Or the whole Hooker/Lover thing? Do you have any reads on people? I wanna hear other people's perspective on the whole thing as well.

Since you asked...

On the Gunner thing, I was thinking she would hopefully not have been stupid enough to voodoo her own name. And I doubt it was some sort of scheme to throw herself away from suspicion based on this exact reasoning.

For this whole hooker/lover deal, my thoughts are that 'Professor Eiter' is a) a drunk ("perhaps having one too many") and the shacking up was flavor text, b) a hooker-type and the drinking was flavor text, or c) something else, and that whole line indicates there is a role that 'provides drinks' and blocks two people (unlikely).

"sharp individual", I agree, is a hint as to the role that they hooked up with. I'm thinking this means they block an investigator ("sharp" as in clever) or a killer/vigilante ("sharp" referencing some kind of weapon).

Of course most of this has already been suggested so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back