• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Curse of Mt. Doom [GAMEOVER]

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • Wait I just reread the op...
    Do the 'mafia' win when there are 8 of us left when there's 4 of them?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    They win when they're a majority, like it's always been. Also, it says they're 3.

Veto veto, there are now four I just forgot to change the number in the OP. Balance, etc.

and I dunno what Abby is thinking but shes wrong :P

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Mana said:
    They are now working together to gain majority against the Captain's Crew - once they exceed half the living players the possessed have won, and the island's curse will have won. The Captain's Crew will win if they free their ship of the curse.

The wording makes me feel that they win at 7 town if they have 4 members, 5 if there's 3, 3 if there's 2 and one town will lose to the lone mafia.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Little did they notice the forced smiles in four of their colleagues. The island's curse had already possessed the weak, now it was time to wreck havoc on the ship and return the stolen treasures to the gods.

I am curious about the whole "weak" and "god" aspects of this post, though ... in future phase changes, we might want to keep an eye open towards any indication of a pirate/player showing "weak" or "god-like" abilities.

Professor Eiter, perhaps having one too many, decided to shack up with an old friend for the night and share an hour of passion with a sharp individual.
    Most likely it's not lover cuz lover is third party ... I don't think third parties are included, not unless Pete wanted to mess up with us anyway.

If the Professor is a lover (I have heard of town-sided lover roles, so don't knock the idea just yet), they might now be bonded to a Detective, hence the "sharp" hint. Either that, or they're a town-sided roleblocker?

The way they committed their action sounded like it could be either one: a drunk (for the Professor's intoxication) or hooker (for getting down and dirty with his mates.) I'm a little iffy on my speculations, but the next roleblocker occurrence seems more fishy:

Coiny the Coindresser also found herself momentarily distracted, led astray by an unusual song she had heard below deck and never completing her task that night.

Bonus points awarded for properly gendered pirates <3

This sounds like a mafia roleblocker. "Unusual song" brings to mind a Siren. Unless there's a town drunk who has a beautiful voice or something; but that sounds too specific.

Loud Limey Shakes had managed to find a quiet corner in the ship. Without being disturbed all night, he had managed to craft himself some protection.

So, we got a blacksmith that can't operate if visited. But it sounds ... selfish, in a way? Maybe they just chose to use their action on themselves. Makes sense for n0.

Also, I got a gun that has a 50% of revealing my identity, which isn't such a problem, since I'm revealing I have it :P Do you guys think I should use it?

What exactly do you mean by "reveal?" What gets revealed: your ability, pirate name, alignment, or some combination of the three?

Also noting here that I did not receive a gun last night.

Oh, then I must've misread it oops...

sigh

I'm not so sure revealing our names so soon is a good or bad idea. It could work both ways, tbh. But it's too early to decide, maybe. :/

It might prove bad to reveal names, perhaps. For example: considering that Limey has been proven to make vests, if a person claimed Limey - they would have backing for their town status by the Phase posts, and therefore would be gotten rid of as soon as possible (either that or roleblocked the hell out of.)

It could also work in the reverse, where a certain pirate name is really scummy, but we don't have enough information currently and it might not be useful until later (a mafia could make up a fake name for the time being, and could feasibly get away with not appearing in the narrative for a while until we get a comprehensive list of all the pirate names.)​

Years
  • I am curious about the whole "weak" and "god" aspects of this post, though ... in future phase changes, we might want to keep an eye open towards any indication of a pirate/player showing "weak" or "god-like" abilities.

I'm pretty sure that's just a reference to the story, same as last game. The native tribal ghosts or whatever are possessing the weak pirates to get the stolen treasure back for their gods.

We have learned a lot, although most information will only be useful once we connect names with people. But it's a step in the right direction. Still not sure how I feel about a no lynch yet.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • If the Professor is a lover (I have heard of town-sided lover roles, so don't knock the idea just yet), they might now be bonded to a Detective, hence the "sharp" hint. Either that, or they're a town-sided roleblocker?​

That's actually brilliant.
    In case the professor is a roleblocker : They better not target the same person again, plus they now know it's an important role.
    My only concern would be that a mafia could also be a detective role, since everyone got to choose their role category at the start of the game, mafia included. So the professor's target might very well be a scout.
    The chances lean towards the professor finding a town role obviously, however, so yeah, just keep a close eye on said player and don't target him again for the time being.

This sounds like a mafia roleblocker. "Unusual song" brings to mind a Siren. Unless there's a town drunk who has a beautiful voice or something; but that sounds too specific.​

I agree on the unusual song being a mafia roleblocker. Pirates supposedly sing on-board, meaning no song of their own would be unusual. Only a foreign song would sound unusual to them, one sung by a possessed pirate.

Even tho it's so early in the game, I feel confident to say that yet again (BttB being the other one) Kiyo is my first strong town read.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Wow this happened so quickly I missed it. Lucky boo got an extra few hours

TobiASS Cantoochdis* fell dead!
    He was a member of the crew.

*Johnny chose this name. idk why.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • That's actually brilliant ... I feel confident to say that yet again Kiyo is my first strong town read.

I'm also really pretty and talented.

My only concern would be that a mafia could also be a detective role, since everyone got to choose their role category at the start of the game, mafia included ... the chances lean towards the professor finding a town role obviously, however, so yeah, just keep a close eye on said player and don't target him again for the time being.

All in all, to whoever the Professor is: if you're town-aligned, you should keep tabs on how your bedmate reacts in the following days (hopefully you both remain alive.) They may be able to tip you off to their alignment - or, better yet their findings - if my "sharp" theory is correct.

unrelated youtube video

wat

TobiASS Cantoochdis fell dead!

Wait, so Johnny just died?

welp I suppose that means we have a fabricator. Hopefully he doesn't give out any other kinds of fabbed merch or it might be hard to distinguish him from other vendors when claiming begins.

Unless Johnny didn't die from his own gun just now, so then I'm just confused.

guess we just lost some major booty in tobiass

Years
  • Well, I come home to some amazing detective work from all of you guys. Great job figuring out what we have so far. I think the best way to figure out the whole Lover/Hooker thing is probably wait until the next day's phase post to see if the same thing reoccurs. Because IIRC Lover is a 1 time use thing and Hooker is every night. If you are asking me, the way it is said in the phase post just sounds like a town member to me, but I see how it could be a hooker too. Also, I don't think we should reveal names yet, it will probably work against us more than it works with us. Kiyo brought up some amazing points as well, so we have a few leads right now. (technically we don't because we have no idea who is who based off of the names) I don't really have anything else right now, gonna do a bit of thinking to see if I can come up with anything to do right now...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Johnny appears to have died from voodoo since Mana quoted him saying 'Gunner.'

oooooh wait that makes so much sense nevermind im dumb it was totally voodoodyloody lady.

Well, at least we've got one of the roles on the maf team known for sure. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for any clues in the narrative. Shame we lost the gun, though. :/​

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Well, it sucks we lost someone to the Voodoo lady so early - but on the other hand at least we now know there is a voodoo lady. Good to know.

Secondly, when I read "sharp" - the first role that came to my mind was vigilante and not detective. Probably because a vigilante pirate would be shanking other pirates with something sharp... but detective makes sense, too .-.

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
  • Getting a slight scumread on Killua based on tone alone. G----r (dunno if it's cool to say her name) is, in my mind, too scummy to be scum right now, with the dumb intro post and her name being voodoo'd.

Shame we lost Johnny, but it appears that the night did provide a lot of information.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Damn it, why does everyone hate Johnny all a sudden? But, if no one else comes forward with another gun, his gun was probably real, as I see no reason for there to be a fab and no smith.

Also, I have to say that Loud Limey Shakes sounds a lot like a Tinkerer, but for vests. Maybe he can make guns too? Seems kinda strange when it said he wasn't disturbed by anyone, but that could just be flavor text.

@TheCapsFan, IIRC the voodoo is only cursed for a specific person - in this case, Johnny, so you're safe.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • ^ I was going to say Loud Limey Shakes seems like a tinkerer, but the protection text is really throwing me off. I'm guessing maybe a shank counts as protection to a pirate, who knows?

Also, I think Gunner saying some stupid 'townie derp' could've been part of a mafia plan to get johnny to instantly form a rebuttal because thats just the kind of player he is, this could also just be a mafia bait to get us to lynch gunner, but since it's day one and I'm feeling lucky I think we should [Walk the Plank] Gunner.

I'm totally open to discussion on this, I'm just not sure how much I'll be able to view the thread bc I'm not at home and doing college tours and stuff so I'm really only available late at night x:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I feel like these "bad mafia / derpy townie" moves are done by gunner nearly every game, though. So while under normal circumstances I'd consider Golgari's reasons as a reasonable. But since it's Gunner and she does this so often, I just don't know. :| Not saying I think she IS a townie - I just feel like this scenario comes up for often than it really should. XD

Back