• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was training Wurm (my prized Dunsparce, hows that salamence glitchcity? still healin from that 1hit KO? :P ) in eterna forest
    & out of nowhere a lv45 kicketot comes out of nowhere, i caught it in a quick ball as proof :laugh:

(if you wanna cya it PM me& we can meet in wifi lol)

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • So i got pokerus in soul silver naturally and i got hte pokecenter message and i was like HOW RARE IS THAT i mean its rarer then getting a shiny...

and then...

just today i got pokerus naturally (again no trading no hacks) in platnium. wtf

isnt pokerus supposed to be rare?

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    So i got pokerus in soul silver naturally and i got hte pokecenter message and i was like HOW RARE IS THAT i mean its rarer then getting a shiny...

and then...

just today i got pokerus naturally (again no trading no hacks) in platnium. wtf

isnt pokerus supposed to be rare?

indeed mate,i only got it naturally once on a wild pokemon i caught lol i already had pokemon wit pokerus with me tho llol so i didnt need it :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • my wtf moment, I just found out i'm getting wifi that should work (finally) on wednesday and I still don't have a wifi team ready...lol

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
  • Level 100 Kyogre with full health uses Water Spout

Level 73 Milotic Survives

Milotic uses Mirror Coat

Kyogre Faints

Only part of the pokemon league that I actually need to think about now instead of Surfing everything to death.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • haha, yeah, mirror coat has been the death of me several times. I once attacked it with freakin zap cannon, it survived, used mirror coat, and killed my magnezone.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Imagine this...
    My Slaking is becoming a real PAIN ._____. Oh, and I hate Golbat.

Wild GOLBAT appeared! Go! SLAKING!

SLAKING tried to flee... But it failed!
    GOLBAT used Mean Look!

Wild GOLBAT used Poison Fang! SLAKING is badly poisoned!
    SLAKING used Hammer Arm! The attack missed! It got hurt by poison.

GOLBAT used Confuse Ray! SLAKING is confused!
    SLAKING is slacking off. It got hurt by poison.

GOLBAT used Air Cutter! It's a critical hit!
    SLAKING is confused... It hurt itself in its confusion! It got hurt by poison.

GOLBAT used Wing Attack!

GOLBAT used Bite.
    SLAKING flinched. It got hurt by poison.

GOLBAT used Air Cutter! It's a critical hit!

GOLBAT used Poison Fang!
    SLAKING is confused... It hurt itself in its confusion! It got hurt by poison.

SLAKING fainted.
    Obviously I didn't record the battle exactly, but that's something like how it went down. You can image my fury. So I just used a Max Revive and Hammer Arm'd it ._____________________.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I once made a ghastly kill itself.
    I was training a pichu. at the time I was stupid enough to believe that pichu evolved by leveling up. Anyway I got in a fight with a ghaslty and my only attack move was normal and it had used mean look. (I was also stupid enough to not know normal has no effect on ghost) So I confused it with sweet kiss, badly poisoned it with Toxic, and just watched it die off....

Dreamboat Dixon

Star-Commander of Funk
    Years
  • I've found PKRS quite a few times. I found it twice in the wild on Pearl. One time I just turned it off though, cus I didn't need it and hadn't really done anything worth saving... I found it on my Soul Silver like 3 hours after finding a shiny Hypno on Soul Silver and I'm doing the Nuzlocke Challenge on Diamond and I got PKRS on that before I got my third badge!

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • In a recent battle tower match it was my latias against the game's blissey
    I had my latias with 3 calm minds already, and wanted to max it to take out blissey (was my last poke)
    Before then, the blissey used ice beam. Froze latias and left it frozen for what felt like 10 turns. Then it defrost to get one more calm mind in only to repeat the process again.
    Then when it was at max, it took two hits to take it out. Isn't blissey supposed to be some special defense goddess?

Luckily, I recorded the battle. I was frozen for 15 turns straight.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    In a recent battle tower match it was my latias against the game's blissey
    I had my latias with 3 calm minds already, and wanted to max it to take out blissey (was my last poke)
    Before then, the blissey used ice beam. Froze latias and left it frozen for what felt like 10 turns. Then it defrost to get one more calm mind in only to repeat the process again.
    Then when it was at max, it took two hits to take it out. Isn't blissey supposed to be some special defense goddess?

Latias is the Eon pokemon, it pwns all :P

even more so when its a shiny :P

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • You never really know with in-game Pokémon, but the general consensus is that in-game Pokémon are much weaker than ones that you see over Wi-Fi or for competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    my d p pt WTF moment is i was playing around with the pokemon modifier i pressed 494 to see what happens an egg appeared so i tryed to catch it

my secod WTF moment
    i was trying to get the shiny code to work i walked in the grass instead of a shiny i got a glitch thingy i tryed to catch it to see what will happen my game froze

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I think my biggest WTF moment...

Togepi used Metronome!

Togepi used Fling!

Togepi flung its Exp. Share at the wild Ponyta!

*it does 2 HP damage*

Me: You idiot. -_- At least I imported another one from my Ruby game.

After that happened, Togepi wasn't allowed to use Metronome ever again. It took him a while to evolve into a Togetic...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    WTF moment: Plusle shows up in trophy garden, next pokemon i encounter minun.... wait really? when im not lookin for them, they show up back to back *slams head into wall*

pokefan1211

experienced trainer
    Years
  • my wtf moment...
    *lookin for a ditto*
    *finds shiny ditto*
    Glaceon uses bite
    99 % of the time i don't get critical hits and . . . IT'S A CRITICAL HIT?!?!
    I hate you glaceon -.-
    *looks for another ditto*
    and all i could find was roselias and kricketunes :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    I wanted a light ball so as to breed a pichu with volt tackle.

after reading guides and tips, I spent about an hour catching yanma's (to get one with compound eye, thus raising the chance of finding a pikachu holding an item). caught about 20ish. EVERY yanma had the speed boost ability.

spent another half hour trying to catch a benette so as to have the ability frisk, so I could see what the pikachu was holding. Didn't find one.

headed to the trophy garden thinkin, well i guess ill just catch a zillion pikachu until i find one with a light ball :(

I go to the trophy garden, put on a max repel, run around, encounter a female pikachu, catch it, and it's sent to my storage box.

I then decide you know what? F*ck this im not spending any more time on this failed mission.

I go back to town and check out the ONE pikachu I caught. It is holding a light ball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back