• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Today I was trying my hand at chaining (Pachirisu) and for ages couldn't get past a chain of 12, then finally I did it and was at 17 and I finally thought I'd got the hang of it. Wild Shellos appeared! Needless to say, Shellos is now my least favourite pokemon >.<

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Today I was trying my hand at chaining (Pachirisu) and for ages couldn't get past a chain of 12, then finally I did it and was at 17 and I finally thought I'd got the hang of it. Wild Shellos appeared! Needless to say, Shellos is now my least favourite pokemon >.<

ive been there mate, 2hours of 12s with krabby
    finally got 22
    & that ****ing goddamn fearow showed up....
    i had my lv77 Typhlosion with me, needless ot say, i turned that bird into fried chicken.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    chaining is easy, theres guides out there that are VERY detailed and if you follow them youll chain easily. Start with shinx, its the easiest to chain. Second, get Magnemite cause of it being 1) a swarm poke and 2) available to abuse with static/magnet pull

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    chaining is easy, theres guides out there that are VERY detailed and if you follow them youll chain easily. Start with shinx, its the easiest to chain. Second, get Magnemite cause of it being 1) a swarm poke and 2) available to abuse with static/magnet pull

i dont like Shinx, plus its overly used when shiny, it may look good, but i just dont like it, i want my Krabby :P

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Put my Level 47 Dialga onto the GTS for a Palkia Level 40 and up. I thought I would get a Palkia at Level 47 (like one caught from Pearl), turns up I get a Level 72 Palkia (one caught from Platinum at Level 70)! I was so chuffed; I've finally got the Legendary I wanted...

(Silently curses shop for making Pearl more expensive than Diamond...)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Battling my rival in Pt.
    "Rival Lucas sent out Roserade!
    Go, Salamence!
    The foe's Roserade used Poison Jab!
    A critical hit!
    Salamence used Crunch!
    A critical hit!
    The foe's Roserade used Poison Jab!
    A critical hit!
    Salamence fainted!
    Go, Infernape!
    The foe's Roserade used GrassWhistle!
    Infernape fell asleep!
    Infernape is fast asleep!
    The foe's Roserade used Shadow Ball!
    A critical hit!
    Infernape fainted!
    Go, Floatzel!
    Floatzel used Aqua Jet!
    A critical hit!
    The foe's Roserade fainted!"
    From now on, I will **** myself when I see a Roserade holding a Scope Lens. O_o

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Does Chaining somehow make it easier to get shinies?

btw I'm buying a new copy of Platinum soon maybe even tommorow so maybe more WTF Moments coming up soon.

Last edited:

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    :O :O :O this happened in 9 days.
    I won 6 lotteries Grand prize . 4 in a row the first day, then 2 more in a row. i was like WTF thats like very rare right? and i only caught like 42 pokemon. I am now the proud owner of 6 masterballs! not that i have ever met roaming legends.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • a while ago. while i was training a weak crobat this happened:
    crobat used poison fang
    pokemon used supersonic( dont remember which pokemon)
    crobat became confused
    it hurt itself in confusion
    pokemon used tackle
    crobat is confused
    pokemon used supersonic
    nothing happened
    crobat is confused
    pokemon used supersonic
    crobat is confused
    it hurt itself in confusion( now crobat had only 4 hp left)
    pokemon used tackle!
    then i just pulled out my dusknoir and pwned it.
    what a great match!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I was fighting Roark in my new copy of Platinum, I had his Rampardos Paralyzed, then I powered up with a growth on my Budew, and Mega Drain still didn't OHKO it... luckily i just barely survived a Headbutt and hit it with another Mega Drain.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I was fighting Gentleman Leonardo and Socialite Rebecca (I think) they had out Purugly and Chatot, I had Budew and Eevee. Eevee basically spammed quick attack on chatot, and Budew paralyzed the Purugly and started hitting it with Mega Drain. I got Chatot down to low health... "Gentleman Leonardo used full restore"... well, back to quick attacking. Got Chatot down to about half health... "Chatot used Roost"... Dang it! finally got Purugly to low health (took a long time wearing him down) "Socialite Rebecca used Full Restore!"... really, anyway after finally defeating them, my budew evolved. (Finally!)

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
  • I was chaining mareep and my chain was around 18 to 23, don't know which, I was in Valley Windworks then I went into a patch close to the edge it was mareep but no good patches came out after the battle, so I ran to the middle of the to reset my radar by running bak and forth and out of nowhere my chain broke. I was like " WTF!". How did this happen!? That really made me mad....

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    IMO, the biggest DPPt WTF moment was that these games weren't as entertaining as the others...
    Platinum got a bit nicer though!

Years
  • Quick Claw, Horn Drill Nidoking > Battle Tower.

Needless to say, three of my Pokemon who could easily OHKO it got haxed to the max.

Jrx

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I had WTF moment When i saw that Palmer has Regigigas. I always though there is only 1 kind of him o.o

Trainer Rye

Demon Hunter
    Years
  • i was fighting some hard person, and then i finally got its health to about 3 hp. i get ready to attack with my last pokemon and then the other guy uses FULL RESTORE!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • I decided I'd go and catch Giratina in Diamond, sent out Luxray to cut his attack then withdrew him and sent out my level 16 Starly assuming he'd faint and I would be able to send out Luxray again to lower his attack further. Giratina kept using Shadow Force, Heal Block and Earth Power and Starly ran out of Wing Attack so I started throwing balls in the hope Starly would faint. Threw a dusk ball and caught it first time. I was pleased and might actually now train my Starly :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back