• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I stopped collecting Pokémon cards when I left primary school, I never even got into Yu-Gi-Oh to begin with, and I lost interest in Magic: the Gathering. The only cards I even bother touching nowadays are just regular old playing cards.

Vie

Years
    I stopped Pokemon in primary school and stopped yu-gi-oh about 3 years ago.

but isnt it dangerous to go to public schools in america? because of all that weapons and stuff.

Vie

Years
    sounds logic. My cousin moved from germany to kansas, but she lives far away from the town. she said there its 'normal' that boys shoot their pregnant girlfriends.

Years
    And I thought England (Although London should be honest, its not happening barely anywhere but London actually.) was bad with our knife crime.

America legalize alot of things that our country would never think of legalizing.

Vie

Years
    thats why I ask :) I want to know more about america, because I would like to live there someday. germany is annoying, but the politics in america are a bit..exiting... obama is here today and speaks in berlin. cant understand that. he really wants to copy kennedy.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    There isn't a lot of gun violence where I live, although there is still probably a lot more than in other parts of the world were guns are illegal in the first place.

I don't know why you think politics in America is at all exciting... It takes a heck of a long time to get anything done, especially this election which has seemed to last forever. :(

I think I would rather live in Europe or Asia someday, but as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side, no?

Vie

Years
    yes. I live in germany and I hate it, but I know lots of people wich woould love to live here.

well, I am actually not very interested in politics, but the american politic is very interesting to me. Have you ever watched the movie fahrenheit 9/11 ? its so scary that a man, which was never voted could become president of the united states. and now we have barack obama, wich wants us (<--germany) to send solidiers for america `_´ he really said that yesterday, I could not believe it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Send soldiers to where?

Unless it's like Iraq or some country like that... which is always having wars with some country. XD;

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I think you misunderstood him, DarkAkuma.
    I do believe Obama wanted Germany to helpUnited States forces over in the Middle-East. I believe he did this because Germany is a good ally of the United States now.

None-the-less, I don't really support the "war" anyhow. I'm Democratic, just like Obama, but I don't support his views on the war. However, I suppose it's a better strategy than McCain's. :\

On the subject of violence in America, I can safetly say I have experienced very little of it in my lifetime. I live about 10 minutes away from Indianapolis, IN. Indianapolis is pretty high up in the crime bracket, and yet I haven't really experienced much. When I was about three years old, a stray bullet hit the side of my house, however; I lived on the South side of Indianapolis then.

Here in the suburbs, it's pretty safe. The school system's are really nice and highly rated. In fact, one of the kid's in my AP United States History class brought in his acceptance letter to Yale University. xD

I suppose America does get it's stereotypes.
    Then again, what country doesn't? Even Japan is starting to get a bad reputation for the way they treat their homeless. Japan was once considered a "Heaven on Earth" for almost everything... as long as you were Japanese. The world is changing constantly.

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
    yes. I live in germany and I hate it, but I know lots of people wich woould love to live here.

well, I am actually not very interested in politics, but the american politic is very interesting to me. Have you ever watched the movie fahrenheit 9/11 ? its so scary that a man, which was never voted could become president of the united states. and now we have barack obama, wich wants us (<--germany) to send solidiers for america `_´ he really said that yesterday, I could not believe it.
    You want to see real politics? Then visit Pakistan. Believe me. people getting killed at the hand of those stinky politicians. That's way amazing (Huh. >_>)

Obama wants to copy Kennedy? Well I've learned about John.F.Kennedy. He was a good president.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I collected Pokémon cards back in the day but didn't bother learning the proper rules for it until last year, then my two friends and I only played the Trading Card Game for an entire day, one of the greatest days ever. Yu-Gi-Oh was pretty great too, I remember watching the show and matching my cards with the ones used on it and beating anyone who 'challenged me to a dual'. Those were the days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back