• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think the hardest/worst thing with birthdays (not your own then) is coming up with ideas for presents. I rarely have enough money to give somebody something really good, so I have to come up with something useful or symbolic instead. It's SO hard. That's another reason I hate Christmas a bit ^^" But it's nice giving things and see people get happy... Not kidding.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I hate coming up with gift ideas too. D: Sometimes it's really easy to decide what to get someone, but most of the time I end up giving my friends money. They do the same though, so I guess it works out.

But with my family, we aren't allowed to give money or gift cards because it's not personal enough, so we have to come up with more meaningful gifts. :|

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hate coming up with gift ideas too. D: Sometimes it's really easy to decide what to get someone, but most of the time I end up giving my friends money. They do the same though, so I guess it works out.

But with my family, we aren't allowed to give money or gift cards because it's not personal enough, so we have to come up with more meaningful gifts. :|
    It's the total opposite for me.

Even though my little sis often gives me drawings or things she's made herself (which makes me happy, I promise) I usually get money from family. They know I don't trust them to get me things I like ^^ My friends though, there's a widely spread thing here to give cheap, symbolical gifts for Christmas, b-days are worse though. Since there's only one person to receive gifts then, they have to be something special :/ Or else you'll be considered a bad friend T_T tough life...

I already know something want to get a special friend. He needs a carpet! Because his apartment echoes >.< But that's the only thing I know so far...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I already know something want to get a special friend. He needs a carpet! Because his apartment echoes >.< But that's the only thing I know so far...

Haha, that was a funny image. "Echo!" "Let's put down a carpet!" *puts* "all better."

But it is true lol.

Anyway, I tend to forget about gifts for some reason it doesn't click. Not this year though; I'm going to have 2-3 paychecks before Christmas, so I'm going to make sure my dad sets up my separate bank account next week so I can set aside money for presents.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, that was a funny image. "Echo!" "Let's put down a carpet!" *puts* "all better."

But it is true lol.

Anyway, I tend to forget about gifts for some reason it doesn't click. Not this year though; I'm going to have 2-3 paychecks before Christmas, so I'm going to make sure my dad sets up my separate bank account next week so I can set aside money for presents.

xD Yeah it's true... All he tried to do himself was putting up another bench. As if that would help.

2-3? O_o You lucky (hardworking) bastard. I'll only get one, and since I've got some weird bills to pay, I just realized I'm probably out of money by the start of december xD I wonder how I got myself into this situation... never loan money when I don't know the EXACT time I can pay back? And don't load up your wallet with money when you're going out with friends on weekends... it hurts to wake up and find out you spent just a littttle too much ^^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    xD Yeah it's true... All he tried to do himself was putting up another bench. As if that would help.

2-3? O_o You lucky (hardworking) bastard. I'll only get one, and since I've got some weird bills to pay, I just realized I'm probably out of money by the start of december xD I wonder how I got myself into this situation... never loan money when I don't know the EXACT time I can pay back? And don't load up your wallet with money when you're going out with friends on weekends... it hurts to wake up and find out you spent just a littttle too much ^^

Haha. Well we get paid every two weeks, so if I get paid tomorrow, that leaves..eh yeah, about 2 more before cram-shopping. I've gotta put a bunch of it in the bank, though. I dunno, I work maybe 6 hours 3 days a week on average; other than that, I'll bulk up on holiday weekends like Black Friday (5:45am-2:30pm. :P) to get a bit more. I think we get paid $8.75 too, instead of $8.00 an hour, but I'm not certain.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Haha. Well we get paid every two weeks, so if I get paid tomorrow, that leaves..eh yeah, about 2 more before cram-shopping. I've gotta put a bunch of it in the bank, though. I dunno, I work maybe 6 hours 3 days a week on average; other than that, I'll bulk up on holiday weekends like Black Friday (5:45am-2:30pm. :P) to get a bit more. I think we get paid $8.75 too, instead of $8.00 an hour, but I'm not certain.
    I just found out what Black Friday was like two weeks ago. It was a question in a trivia pack I was listening too. :P

I am not making any money right now, as I'm currently a full-time student. So I can't spend much on gifts, unfortunately. However, I'm thinking of taking the Winter Term off and getting back to work.

In addition to Christmas, both parents and my grandma have birthdays in the first two weeks of January. XDD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So you don't study, you just work?
    I go to school and should work 4 hours, 3 times a week, but since I've been so weirdly ill lately, me and my boss agreed on me only coming 2 times a week. Doesn't give me much money though ;_;
    I don't know how to translate my pay in swedish crowns into dollars or euros xD So I just don't.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    So you don't study, you just work?
    I go to school and should work 4 hours, 3 times a week, but since I've been so weirdly ill lately, me and my boss agreed on me only coming 2 times a week. Doesn't give me much money though ;_;
    I don't know how to translate my pay in swedish crowns into dollars or euros xD So I just don't.

No, of course I study. XD Working 18 hours a week is a part-time job. I go to a community college, so I got to rearrange my schedule to suite my week. Luckily I was able to squeeze 17 credits and 6 classes into just Mon, Tues, and Wed. So I work Thurs/Fri and sometimes Sunday.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, of course I study. XD Working 18 hours a week is a part-time job. I go to a community college, so I got to rearrange my schedule to suite my week. Luckily I was able to squeeze 17 credits and 6 classes into just Mon, Tues, and Wed. So I work Thurs/Fri and sometimes Sunday.

O_o You're a busy person. Guess you can do that in college though. I have a friend who moved into town and could work 49% even though he studied a full program at university. Then he had to move out of town we partied too much in the apartment... so now he's got a tough life.

I live a long way outside town, so I have to go by car the days I'm working. Otherwise, bus service is nice to have (Y)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    O_o You're a busy person. Guess you can do that in college though. I have a friend who moved into town and could work 49% even though he studied a full program at university. Then he had to move out of town we partied too much in the apartment... so now he's got a tough life.

I live a long way outside town, so I have to go by car the days I'm working. Otherwise, bus service is nice to have (Y)

Yikes; well it also helps I'm still living at home. I'm getting my grades up and doing some transfer applications now, so I'm going to apply to 3-4 schools for next Fall. Community college is lame..haha. I'm sick of being home, I need a dorm room and access to real people.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yikes; well it also helps I'm still living at home. I'm getting my grades up and doing some transfer applications now, so I'm going to apply to 3-4 schools for next Fall. Community college is lame..haha. I'm sick of being home, I need a dorm room and access to real people.
    I understand you O.O
    I hope I wont need to up my grades when I quit this grade, but I'll try to apply for some schools.

Living at home sure helps bunches economically, but I'm so jealous of my friends who have got their own places. They can do whatever they like, they can invite people whenever they like (and I can use their homes and parking lots whenever I like xD)

Where I live now, I'm restrained by bad bus schedules and if I'm using my own car, there's the cost of fuel... And then I need to work more to afford it and so on and so forth ^^"

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    At the minute none of my friends live alone. A few have tried to do it but on top of school they weren't able to get the money.

Fuel costs are way to high a the minute. I just got my first car and well the cost of fuel for it is a joke. I earn not bad money but I can't earn enough to drive me to places I want to go aswell as be able to go out with friends. So right now my car is mainly unused but as soon as I finish this year and go full time I should be able to move out and use my car all the time. I can't wait for that.

Years
    I have a friend who is 16 and lives with his older brother and not with his parents and one who lives just by himself, I think they are kind of lucky but I don't think it is such a privilege to live by yourself.
    I might live with my family for a very long time and I don't really mind I find it very comfortable.
    I can't really imagine myself living by myself, it would be very lonely!

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I have a friend who is 16 and lives with his older brother and not with his parents and one who lives just by himself, I think they are kind of lucky but I don't think it is such a privilege to live by yourself.
    I might live with my family for a very long time and I don't really mind I find it very comfortable.
    I can't really imagine myself living by myself, it would be very lonely!

Good call. I find it really stupid for some teenagers who think it's a necessity that they move out once they become 18! I mean seriously, your family loves you, they love having you around, and you're staying, eating, and drinking for free. Why would you move out? I could understand, of course, if one wants to move out for plausible reasons, independence is NOT one of which.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

My family doesn't like getting meaningful gifts from our relatives. We want money or gift certificates because otherwise they buy something we don't want, don't like, or have no use for. So, give us the money and we'll take care of it ourselves. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I love getting money for holidays or my birthday. It's the best gift ever, because you can get whatever you like, and you're not stuck with something that you might now use. I always ask for money whenever I can =D

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I love getting money for holidays or my birthday. It's the best gift ever, because you can get whatever you like, and you're not stuck with something that you might now use. I always ask for money whenever I can =D

I totally agree with you on that. However, if it was a present from a person with whom you're in an intimate relationship, I'd rather receiving something hand-made rather than getting anything else.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I'm not allowed to get money for christmas, it annoys me as everything I ask for I intend to take them back and get the money to spend on things I really want. Like Final Fantasy when it finally comes out on PS3.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I totally agree with you on that. However, if it was a present from a person with whom you're in an intimate relationship, I'd rather receiving something hand-made rather than getting anything else.
    Yup. I've said it before, gifts that are meaningful for the giver and the receiver are often the best.

Though I wouldn't get sad if someone wanted to give me an iPod or a laptop ^^ Even if that's hardly something ultra-meaningful to me, and pretty expensive. A DS though... that would be so awesome~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back