• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm not allowed to get money for christmas, it annoys me as everything I ask for I intend to take them back and get the money to spend on things I really want. Like Final Fantasy when it finally comes out on PS3.
    ...why don't you just ask for the things you want in the first place? D:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    ...why don't you just ask for the things you want in the first place? D:

The things I want come out after Christmas. I said I want money to get them when they come out but apparently that spoils the fun of unwrapping presents.... I never found that fun in the first play.

Years
    Money for Christmas is, unfortunately, the only thing I ever get. :<

Future Shop gift cards seem to be big in my family. I mean, it's nice and all, but... there's just no 'surprise' in it anymore. My family thinks because I don't ask them for anything means that I want money. But whatever, they all seen to enjoy me opening the same thing over and over again, so it's just a sacrifice I'm going to have to take. ;p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I never get anything I want though. So I've like, stopped wishing. I leave that to my younger siblings. Well, mostly ^^

It's not that I don't believe in Father Christmas, oh noooe. But I'm maybe... already too old to think of presents as the greatest thing about Christmas? That's not just bad though. This way I can enjoy the time even if I get lousy gifts from family and relatives (which I do >.<)

Cherrim

Years
    While presents are way up there, my favourite part about Christmas is spending time with my family. :] We do a lot together on Christmas Eve/Day and Boxing Day. Even if it's something stupidly simple like sitting down and watching a DVD together--we just never find the time for it most of the year. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    While presents are way up there, my favourite part about Christmas is spending time with my family. :] We do a lot together on Christmas Eve/Day and Boxing Day. Even if it's something stupidly simple like sitting down and watching a DVD together--we just never find the time for it most of the year. D:

I know what you mean. We usually lead so different lives do our home is just a place for us to sleep at night. We don't even have dinners together much, since I used to not be home much, and now it's my brother and mama that are away much instead. Can't be helped.

Christmas is a great family holiday.. I love the cosyness that comes with the whole month of december :3 We celebrate Christmas on dec 24th in Sweden. Get some presents in the morning, and then spend the day away with relatives, normally, until the big event in the evening with dinner and watch Donald Duck on tv (not kidding, it's a Swedish tradition to watch that) and Father Christmas and the presents. Then it's over and all my older friends go and get partied up on the 25th. I couldn't possibly. It doesn't feel right in Christmas times. But it might be nice.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years

That is actually the part I hate. In my family the rest of the year there is back stabbing and loads of other things going on but when it comes to Christmas everyone acts like everything is perfect and there are no issues. It is completely false and put on and annoys me. I know they do it for the younger children in the family but I don't. I mean I have issues with my dad and just because it is Christmas doesn't mean they aren't still there, but he always trys to act like we have the perfect father son relationship when we really don't.

Yes I am anti Christmas. Lol

Cherrim

Years
    That is actually the part I hate. In my family the rest of the year there is back stabbing and loads of other things going on but when it comes to Christmas everyone acts like everything is perfect and there are no issues. It is completely false and put on and annoys me. I know they do it for the younger children in the family but I don't. I mean I have issues with my dad and just because it is Christmas doesn't mean they aren't still there, but he always trys to act like we have the perfect father son relationship when we really don't.

Maybe they're just setting aside their differences over the holidays. Not necessarily pretending nothing is wrong, but trying to look past it for the sake of having a good time and not ruining it. :/ Of course the issues are still there, but depending on your beliefs and despite how corny it is don't kill me, Christmas is supposed to be a time of forgiveness, love, reflection, etc.

I dunno. 8| Treating it like every other day of the year, picking fights, etc. doesn't really sound productive to me. Maybe just enjoy the lack of confrontation while you can?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Maybe they're just setting aside their differences over the holidays. Not necessarily pretending nothing is wrong, but trying to look past it for the sake of having a good time and not ruining it. :/ Of course the issues are still there, but depending on your beliefs and despite how corny it is don't kill me, Christmas is supposed to be a time of forgiveness, love, reflection, etc.

I dunno. 8| Treating it like every other day of the year, picking fights, etc. doesn't really sound productive to me. Maybe just enjoy the lack of confrontation while you can?

I try to enjoy the day but under all that "happyness" you can sense that as soon as the day is over it will be back to normally. I guess that is why I don't like it to much, because I know that nothing will change as soon as the day over and everything will go back to how it was.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

I used to be anti-Christmas, mainly because I'm a lazy bastard and everyone makes it seem like a big deal.

But last year I actually got into it, it was weird. I was really excited and happy about it and really let myself enjoy it. Like for example I went to church with some crappy clip-on earring with a snowman on it, even though I know I looked like an idiot, haha.

Maybe it was just cause it was the end of that year - it had been stressful.

But yeah, CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I used to be anti-Christmas, mainly because I'm a lazy bastard and everyone makes it seem like a big deal.

But last year I actually got into it, it was weird. I was really excited and happy about it and really let myself enjoy it. Like for example I went to church with some crappy clip-on earring with a snowman on it, even though I know I looked like an idiot, haha.

Maybe it was just cause it was the end of that year - it had been stressful.

But yeah, CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I went to the Christmas church ceremony last year. I hated it. I only went because my dads new fiancé is very religious nd made us all go. The only person that enjoyed it was her.

I am going christmas shopping after work tomorrow so I am hoping I can get in the mood. I even have Christmas CDs ready to listen to. I am going to give it a shot this year. Don;t think I will get anywhere but it worth a try.

Last few years have been stressful so that could have added to it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I usually enjoy Church, and Christmas mass was just better due to the atmosphere and the music and what not.

But tbh Church almost always sucks when you're forced to go. No one ever enjoys something they're forced to do. Ever.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Today my drama presentation blew chunks of nasty stuff. I wish I was funnier. :{

I just wanted to share that with the internet world.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    But tbh Church almost always sucks when you're forced to go. No one ever enjoys something they're forced to do. Ever.

Indeed. Church is worse for me than most, I'd say. My parents force me to go with them no matter how many times I tell them I'm an Atheist. Apparently I'm too young to understand religion.

And I hate Christmas. I know I don't believe in Jesus or anything like that, but isn't the whole point of it to love and share with everyone? Nowadays, most people are selfish and they only care about presents. What's the point of celebrating a holiday when you can't even appreciate why it exists?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I hate selfish people that only care about presents. I have asked for 1 thing from everyone because it isn't cheap whereas my sister asked for the same thing but still expects a lot more. Giving presents ruins the whole point of it. It makes people greedy and expect way to much.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hate selfish people that only care about presents. I have asked for 1 thing from everyone because it isn't cheap whereas my sister asked for the same thing but still expects a lot more. Giving presents ruins the whole point of it. It makes people greedy and expect way to much.
    Giving presents is hard >.< But it's really nice to let people know you appreciate them. I guess I'm selfish anyway, since I'm doing it to feel good..? xD

Indeed. Church is worse for me than most, I'd say. My parents force me to go with them no matter how many times I tell them I'm an Atheist. Apparently I'm too young to understand religion.

And I hate Christmas. I know I don't believe in Jesus or anything like that, but isn't the whole point of it to love and share with everyone? Nowadays, most people are selfish and they only care about presents. What's the point of celebrating a holiday when you can't even appreciate why it exists?
    You're mature enough to understand anything, Oni <3 Pity they don't see it, I guess.
    But (points to next quoted post)

I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. I only celebrate it as a 'familiy' or 'presents' holiday. Family because of the cards. And presents for anything else. (('-'))
    Hawkfish has got the right idea. I live in a very secularized country, and even though we celebrate Lucia and decorates our homes (and town squares O_o") with things relating to Jesus, most people see Christmas just as the biggest and warmest (well it's snowy cold but inside, I mean) holiday in the year. Family or not.

I have so many opinions on these matters... I hope I haven't contradicted myself in this thread somewhere by now xD

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    I'm on the boat with Hawkfish. I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday because, well, I'm not religious. My family is the same way. It's just a holiday for us to get together with my Dad's side of the family and have fun AND GET TOTALLY SMASHED! Kidding.

Years
    I'm on the boat with Hawkfish. I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday because, well, I'm not religious. My family is the same way. It's just a holiday for us to get together with my Dad's side of the family and have fun AND GET TOTALLY SMASHED! Kidding.

Same way with me. Same way with too many families.
    I'm not saying that i'm not religious, I just don't do anything religous.
    Christmas to our family and our relatives is a time to get together and celebrate. Even my extremely religous aunt, uncle, and cousins wouldn't care the slightest bit about their religion opening into their gifts.

Years
    Wow... I've actually never heard of non-christians celebrating Christmas. I mean, c'mon; Christmas. o_o' It just seems wrong to me. The same way us Christians celebrating Eid would be wrong. It's just totally sacreligious in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back