• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
Years
  • We got 50 minutes lunch...it's basically 10 minutes of eating/getting stuff out of locker and the rest is basically up to you. It's homework in the library in the winter and basketball outside in the summer for me.

[Oh, and I haven't posted here in ages. So hi.]

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    OFFTOPIC: Oh, hey, B-Baller! I dunno if you remember me, I was akaxrai/Scarlet Lynn last time I saw you, but I remember talking to you in the DCC a little while ago, and... hai. XDD;;;

ONTOPIC: I get 40 minutes of lunch at school. We usually finish eating within the first 20 minutes, then afterward we just either tour the school or hang out in the caf and act crazy. Lunches are fun in my school. XD;

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Iced Tea ftw.

And I drink all soda's. Mountain Dew's 3 alternate flavors are all pretty amazing.

Ack, dude no. The light blue one tasted like sugar-water, and the "Supernova" was basically just watered-down code red. The darker blue one isn't terrible, though..but damn, I wish they would bring back "Pitch Black." That was by far the best flavor.

My school only gets 30 minutes each day for lunch. We used to get longer (I think like...45 minutes?), but they cut down on the time to add an extra 15 minutes to study each day. It's really not a huge deal, though, seeing as...no one really does anything during study anyways ._.;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    We get 45 minutes for lunch \o/! Which is pretty good figuring all we got back in junior high was 25 minutes. I can't wait to eat off-campus this year. I'm tired of dealing with our cafeteria and noisey younger classmen.

Our food is alright. Just pricey :<

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • In my high school we only got 20 mins for lunch. So you didn't really have time to eat.
    And college, you get as long as you want... depends on how you put your classes. I normally have an hour though.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    My school gives us 40 minutes of lunch time. The bell rings, and I walk towards the battle grounds, the courts of triumph. Then I get serious. Forty minutes of basketball fun and schooling nubs who don't know how to make a layup. I show them what varsity does to ya.

Spenny

Payday
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    In my high school we only got 20 mins for lunch. So you didn't really have time to eat.
    And college, you get as long as you want... depends on how you put your classes. I normally have an hour though.

HOLY SMOKES, NICE AVY DUDE.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you want a random chit chat... hang out in other trivia. XD;

The DCC is for serious topics. >_>

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • At my old school we'd get 45 minutes for study hall, and then 45 minutes for lunch XD; I usually just stayed in study hall for an hour or so, would go eat, and then go back and have another 15 minutes or so to study some more, or just sit there and daydream (Not surprisingly, this happened more then studying did D:)

Years
  • My school in New York always gave everyone a period for study hall. When I moved to Florida there was no such thing as study hall. It was a problem for me because I never did my homework out of school. I got a 62 in English. ha.

Years
  • This 1 girl last year, had 3 study halls! I was like O.o;; are you really that stupid you can't do your work in the alotted time? (8 classes that where 90 minutes long) she was failing every class & crying that she had no time to do her work. -.-;;

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Everyone's personal lives are different to yours. Just because you have the time doesn't mean she hasn't got other responsibilities that are non educational.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • when I was in high school I had a study hall second period of the day, so I would bumble through first period and ten sleep through the study hall. it was lucky I only had writing first period, which the teacher was pretty lenient with anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Everyone's personal lives are different to yours. Just because you have the time doesn't mean she hasn't got other responsibilities that are non educational.
    Well that's what the study halls are for mostly. I mean, no one I knew ever used them properly on a regular basis, but they did come in handy at times. Though it may seem a little harsh, it does look like she brought it upon herself. If it was a family matter she could have brought it up with the school, but if she's spending her time outside of school working or just bludging, it's obvious who is to blame.

THE MOTHER AND THE FATHER!~

:P

I hated study halls. Such a waste of time since I can barely study at home, let alone at school. I'm thankful that in year 12 they gave us the privilege of arriving late or leaving early, though obviously it was abused XD;

Years
  • All I did in study hall was play ds or grade other teacher's papers if they needed help.

She didn't have issues, besides the fact of being utterly lazy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back