• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I should be starting volunteer work soon. It's not for the required community service hours or anything (I already have triple the requirements, just about), just for work. 'Course, my parents will be paying me. Minimum wage of course, but I'll take what I get.

Ooh, chat's going fast tonight.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    One of my friends does that, he just sleeps during lunch and after school XD

Plus, he's a genius and he managed to get a 36 on the ACT ._.
    You have a very lucky friend. XD The guy I knew always came in looking like a zombie and was chugging two or three energy drinks every six hours. His grades were pretty decent because he would tend to retain information pretty fast and didn't need to study otherwise.

I never worked in high school because, the way I saw it, kids with menial jobs pretty much worked to pay for a car then mostly used the car to get to work. Just a zero-sum game that eats all of your free time. I really should have in college, but I was naive and delusional and actually believed that studying hard and getting good grades would actually positively affect my career path in the future. Protip: IT DOESN'T.
    Don't you love having tossed so much money towards all those absolutely necessary general education requirements? If I had known that taking a biology class in pursuit of a literary degree would have helped me, I'd have totally blown off writing. It's not like I ever took more than five writing classes so far.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

You have a very lucky friend. XD The guy I knew always came in looking like a zombie and was chugging two or three energy drinks every six hours. His grades were pretty decent because he would tend to retain information pretty fast and didn't need to study otherwise.

I don't really like energy drinks that much :/

He's smart, but he doesn't really try in class, only enough to pass with a C in each class :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Yeeeah I can't imagine you would need them at a McDonald's type job. People where I worked only used them because the job were pretty darn physical to begin with.
    I just don't like the environment or the way the customers are allowed to treat you. It's demeaning :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I just don't like the environment or the way the customers are allowed to treat you. It's demeaning :/
    Yeeeah you're more or less going to deal with that in any job that requires public interaction. If you're lucky like I was, any disputes will be over pretty minor things and blow over pretty quickly.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Yeeeah you're more or less going to deal with that in any job that requires public interaction. If you're lucky like I was, any disputes will be over pretty minor things and blow over pretty quickly.
    No, I mean throwing things at you and such. At my last job some customer threw a doughnut at me for no freakin' reason :/

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Don't you love having tossed so much money towards all those absolutely necessary general education requirements? If I had known that taking a biology class in pursuit of a literary degree would have helped me, I'd have totally blown off writing. It's not like I ever took more than five writing classes so far.

Luckily I went on scholarship, so mandatory classes were a waste of time, but a free waste of time, at least. I just loooooooooved my mandatory feminism courses, Canadian studies (no offense Canadians, it just wasn't relevant to my degree), Media Studies, and other useless fluff (as if a History degree isn't useless fluff T_T)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    "Mandatory Feminism Courses" lolwut

Anyone played/playing Ace Attorney?

....ARGH!
    I love it when the DCC talks about AA. It's awesome
    The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Didn't we talk about Ace Attourney not that long ago?

Anyway, how about them Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law? God I remember that show, and it was awesome. :3
    /totally related to law.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back