• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've a similar anecdote from when I was in Year 4 - my teacher, who, despite being the HEAD OF IT, was technologically inept, searched in the Google bar "Google," to get to Google (hurr durr), while she was trying to search something a kid had asked, and it came up with a pretty awesome rude picture of Google, where the os were...yeah. You can imagine how my class acted (not saying I didn't laugh my ass off).
    lol.

My teachers reaction when he saw the pictures was "Oh, hello. Everyone under the age of 45 turn away." xD

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Google safesearch isn't nearly safe enough. I can't count the number of times I've unintentionally stumbled across an nswf image on google.

Years
  • Google safesearch isn't nearly safe enough. I can't count the number of times I've unintentionally stumbled across an nswf image on google.

Oh god. One year back in High school, some techie managed to disable the filter that blocks social media sites, youtube, pr0n, etc. That was a riot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Google's safe search never works, even if you set it on "Strict" mode. :P I usually find images on photobucket most of the time.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i remember every keyboard in my high schools library were sticky for some reason. every time i would use one of them to type, the keys were always sticky, probably because kids always ate their hot cheetos and type at the same type. anyone else have that problem

Years
  • Thing is, the school's computers only have IE, so their security programs aren't adapted to other browsers, and most likely will never be adapted.

My high school's filter was a non-browser-based filter, when they finally got one. Censors quite a lot, especially proxies.

Fair enough. They should at least install the other browsers to reduce a security risk.​

There's no way to effectively administrate those other browsers across all computers in a domain. And, unless they're using IE 6 or 7, it's no less secure than other browsers, just more targeted because of its market share.

Well, the servers are so crappy it's not funny. It can barely handle a lot of some of the things it has. We can't even have our own backgrounds or themes because it won't save them, and IE won't save cookies. It's crappy to the ultimate point of crappiness.
    Those are probably just disabled from the server-side, because they can. That has nothing to do with how crappy a server is and everything to do with odd security measures.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • wikipedia wasn't blocked when i was in high school so whenever i was using computers in class for an assignment i would literally get everything from wikipedia just to annoy my teachers. and it worked beautifully.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Wikipedia in my school has been banned aswell, but I don't see why anyone would use it :/

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They're banning wiki in schools?

I used wiki for my senior paper..

The teachers wouldn't accept the refs to wiki pages though, so we had to give the URLs to the pages that wiki cites. That way they never caught on. >__>;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Anyone could edit Wiki, this one kid in my class edited one page (but it only lasted for an hour then another Wiki user edited it with real info [i think].)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Basically all forums, chats, wikis, etc. are banned from my school. Oddly enough Youtube isn't....

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeahhh, that's the downfall, is that people can BS wiki info so there's no guarantee that's ever totally correct.. but still. It's good enough to get you by on some school paperz.

& Drew is good, but Drew is getting ready for work.
    So Drew only stopped by for a post or two. /shot

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I asked my AP Euro teacher if I could look up something on Wiki to use in my thesis statement, but her answer was to hit me over the head :L

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back