• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
    Years
    That's the issue with my comp now.. I use it for gaming so much that's pretty full. It's all graphics, and MMOs. Though my desktop is five or six years old. :/ I'm surprised it's still going like there's nothing wrong with it.

& That's the downfall of laptops.. they suck in the way of gaming.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I mostly use mine for internet browsers, and other various things. My Dad uses it for Call of Duty though, which is annoying. I have my Xbox and Wii for games, so I don't have a need for a computer other than the internet. I would also like one for myself for things like Photoshop, Premier Pro and other things.

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
    Years
    You could definitely get a Mac, if that's all you're going to use it for. People say that Macs can be pretty hardy, so if you can get a hold of one, I'd go for it. I know some people dislike Macs, but I really think it's preference, and how well you try to take care of it.

And your dad could never bog it down with Call of Duty playing!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    The only think holding me back from getting a Mac is the hefty price tag. After this weekend, I'm going on a money strike, so I'm not buying anything except maybe the occasional food/beverage item until I get this laptop. Having a job would make everything a lot easier as well.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Gaming, heh. I have a couple of games installed on my laptop - Rise of Nations and Age of Empires III, and I think that's it. I use my laptop for internet browsing, schoolwork, watching anime and DVDs (and anime DVDs) and writing. Writing writing writing. Gee, I love writing. :D

EDIT: Hey look 3,000 posts!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ( Offa my alt, but I'm heading to bed after one more post. )

@Alternative - Ah weird, that's what I'm trying to do at the moment. Save up every penny that I can until I can get a laptop, unfortunately it's hard when I like to buy things so much, and have a couple of other things to save up for too. ><; Laptop was first on my list, and now it's third. Oh well.

@ Misheard Whisper - Can your laptop handle games? Most of them just shut off if on you, or lag like heck, or both when they try to run games.

My desktop can barely play my Anime DVDs, or any DVDs.. >__> sucks.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    Gaming is absolutely the downfall of laptops. You'd have to get an Alien if you wanted to game on it. Talk about a hefty price tag!

This is why I generally prefer my desktop, but it is crowded. Even after cleaning old games off it I still have very little disk space left. I have been thinking about buying a new tower with a speedy processor in it and having the rest of the hardware transferred over. Maybe I could get a bigger hard drive and then just move all the files over. I haven't really decided whether I should do that or get an external hard drive. Decisions, decisions.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not sure how trusty they are, but my friend recently got a tower with 4 gigs of RAM, and 650 GBs of hard drive space on it, and it was $300 not counting it being on sale. The company is called eMachines, I believe. Seems worthy of looking into if you're wanting a decent tower, but not wanting to shovel out too much money for one.

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Yeah, my laptop has trouble with games. It runs Rise of Nations all right, and AOE III is OK to an extent. That extent being ship-to-ship combat. It can't render all the frames of cannonballs, reflections, explosions, splinters and people falling off the boat successfully. :<

Also Portal. Started off all right, but ended up just being too slow to keep playing. I'd literally have to sit and read while waiting for each frame to load by the time I got to Room 15. :(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Eeeew, my desktop does that when I try to play Left 4 Dead. >__> I can manage one player for a few minutes, but I can't do multiplayer at all, not even with only one other person. & This is my desktop, not even a laptop. xD; Lame. I want a new tower so much.

Misheard Whisper

Years
    We have a shared desktop in the house, and it is a dinosaur. And I don't mean that it's beastly and awesome and extremely sharp - I mean that it's about seventy million years old, and the interior workings are most likely fossilized.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    PCs? Well, I do have my own personal desktop PC. I do also own a laptop, but that tends to get used by my dad.

If you want to game on anything, be sure to get a competent graphics chip/card. Intel integrated won't cut it at all.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    If would ever buy a gaming PC, I would look for a quad core/six core processor and a very high RAM and great video and audio performance. That would probably be really expensive though. xD
    If you want to game on anything, be sure to get a competent graphics chip/card. Intel integrated won't cut it at all.
    Mind you there's an Intel Core i7 980 Extreme, which is "by far the most powerful CPU in the market". :/

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    You can get good games on a new laptop these days, Why have a PC when you can have a laptop that you can use anywhere :)

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Some people prefer having a desktop, though, LightOfTruth.

As well as that, laptops are PCs as well, you know. It stands for Personal Computer. hell even Apples are PCs that'll piss them off

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Yeah, I know it stands for that. xD;
    It's easier to just refer to a desktop as a PC and a laptop as a laptop, though. Well, that's my opinion. xD;
    Laptops are easier for using walkthrough with games though, herp :V

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite, and I am very impressed that it can resist anything (and I mean anything). It survived a ton of virus attacks, dust bites, falls, spills, well pretty much any violent thing you can think. xD I think I'm planning to buy another Toshiba laptop as a backup, because I don't think I'm going to let go of this one soon.

I would stay away from Mac, even if their technology is so impressive and stuff.

I also want a touch-screen PC, mainly because I do a lot of graphic designing these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back