• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh... you're talking alcohol 8D [/is a fan of that thingy] lol

No seriously. Erica has a good point. Drinking to the point of getting memory losses is a bit too much. Some months ago I got to know a few days later what I had done with whom on a beer festival night. Not really pleasant. And when you get a little toooo much, you often do things you realize, with a bitter hangover the day after, that you really should not have done if you had been sober.

But it's a social thing. It's probably different in different countries, cultures and societies, but in moderate amounts, alcohol can certainly enhance a nice evening or a good party :> I certainly don't always drink on parties though.

Plus. I happen to like beer, because of the taste. It's the same reason I like coffee; both for its effects on me XD and for the special tastes. There are a lot of different beers and I'm learning more and more about its history and different kinds, because it's interesting.

Saying alcohol consumption is a sin, is to be ridiculously naive. It's always been a social part of our history. At least in Europe.

Drinking when being underaged though, is a completely different thing. It's very bad for your health and can cause damage to the development of your body and brain. Young people are better off getting hyper on Coca Cola.
    So, party easy, pals~ :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    tl;dr, Fable.

tl;dr, please ;_;

Too much reading is too much for these eyes of mine~

Well kataro, this is not a spam thread in Other Trivia. This is a thread where you can actually think about an answer and spend some time typing it up.

Or at least it used to be D:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    OMG... I read the first 3 words of that... then stopped. XD;;;

But, as I'm only 13, alcohol isn't my thing :/ I've had a few sips here and there before.. and wanted I just wanted to puke after that D:

Years
    I am definatly not of age, and neither of my parents EVER drink, but its kind of a tradition that on the last friday of the month we all have a big glass of beer, and I love it x3
    That's neat. :)

lol. Wow. Last night I actually got fairly drunk. At 5am I had a really bad stomachache and I couldn't go get food because my mom was up and she's smell the alcohol. D:
    It's never the stomach ache that is my worry; it's the soreness, headache, sensitivity to light/sound, and being extremely thirsty that gets me. Then again, that mostly happens with the hard stuff. XD
    My desktop background is just a load of anime/manga pictures.. like in a collage. It's pretty.. <3
    Hehe, betcha can't guess what I have on my desktop background!

*cough**cough*lookatmyavitar*cough*

Oh... you're talking alcohol 8D [/is a fan of that thingy] lol

No seriously. Erica has a good point. Drinking to the point of getting memory losses is a bit too much.

But it's a social thing. It's probably different in different countries, cultures and societies, but in moderate amounts, alcohol can certainly enhance a nice evening or a good party
    Quoted For Truth. There's no point in getting that messed up. Besides, with the blackout comes severe stomach issues, and that's no fun at all.

Luckily, my body is good about letting me know when I've had enough. I get ill long before I get too tipsy.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Johto = Best region, imo.

I like Sinnoh, tho. Idk why XD Maybe because of its game corner :B

<33 My opinions exactly.. I loved Sinnoh.. probably because it was the first region I played through.. [FAIL]

And Hoenn was just fail.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I dun like Hoenn :[ It was boring.

Only exception is the Battle Frontier. To be quite honest, I like Emerald's Battle Frontier much more than Platinum/HG/SS's BF.

I think it was because it just had more exciting buildings/challenges XD (Pyramid and Pike, definitely)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I liked Hoenn basically for the evil teams, I quite liked their plans better than any other in the series XD

But Johto is the best region for many people, I think XD Myself included.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I liked Hoenn basically for the evil teams, I quite liked their plans better than any other in the series XD

But Johto is the best region for many people, I think XD Myself included.
    I like Johto the best too :O. It has epic Pokemon and a raw Journey.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Many people thought Team Magma/Aqua's plans were just cheesy: to expand the land or to expand the sea. Personally, I find that this is mainly a territory thing, and as such, see their plans as actually threatening. I mean, each team not only wants to increase the amount of land/sea level, but to also control that land/sea.

So as the end of the game shows, it's not really a good idea to do either, and thus Archie and Maxie learned from their evil ways and decided to not do anything evil anymore, I guess.
    I didn't think it was cheesy. I like the new teams, but Team Rocket is still my fav <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I have quickly gone to dislike Team Rocket because of how they abuse Pokemon. It's horrible. .__.

Not only that, Jesse and James also ruined it for me.
    They are awesome! And they don't abuse Pokemon. I just wish 1 time they actually succeed in doing something lol xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I wasn't talking about Jesse and James abusing pokemon; I was mainly referring to Team Rocket as a whole. They do indeed mistreat Pokemon. Heck, they killed that Mommy marowak in Lavender town and she only wanted to escape from them. How coldhearted can you get? :[
    I agree with that part. But the most harmless people in Team Rocket are Jessie and James. :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I don't know why they don't just give up. We all know they'll never win. They don't even do anything in the movies except help Ash and Co.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back